Consumers National Bank has a pretty good selection of account options. To find out if Consumers National Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
This bank has checking and savings accounts that earn particularly high interest rates and some of them don’t even require an opening deposit!
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Consumers National Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Consumers National Bank
- 11 Consumers National Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Consumers National Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Consumers National Bank offers a good selection of checking accounts that all earn high, competitive interest rates.
Open this account with $50 and enjoy no minimum balance requirements nor monthly fees.
You can obtain rewards by either:
- Making a direct deposit of $250 or greater
- Post at least 25 Consumers National Bank MasterCard® Check Card purchases of $2 or greater (excluding ATM transactions)
This is an interest bearing checking account and will start earning interest on balances $5,000 or more.
There is a $20 monthly fee, but you can waive it by managing a daily balance of 5,000 or have $5,000 in direct deposits.
This account also has an overdraft protection feature that are automatic transfers.
This checking account earns interest and will need $50 to open it.
You can start earning interest on combined deposits of $5,000 of more.
A standard checking account that doesn’t earn interest.
There are, however, no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Asterisk-Free Checking® account today and enjoy:
• $150 bonus by making total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• Free to open and free to maintain with no monthly maintenance fees
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Relief
• All Day DepositSM
• Enjoy mobile & online banking
Savings Account Options
Consumers National Bank has several savings accounts that offers exclusive benefits to the bank itself.
This savings account earns high, competitive interest rates on all balances, but best of all, it is completely FREE to open!
This account is exclusively available to those who have a Consumers Checking account, for it takes your total purchases made with that account and round it up to the nearest dollar.
This is a basic savings account that can be open with a minimum deposit of $50.
There’s a small fee of $4, but you can waive it by maintaining a daily balance of $300.
This savings account earns competitive interest rates.
This is considered Consumers National Bank’s holiday savings account since you can save up for vacations or special occasions.
This savings account is designed for those who are 18 and under and requires at least $10 for an opening deposit.
This account actually earns competitive interest rates without having to worry about monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
UTMA stands for Uniform Transfers To Minors Act, and this savings account is designed for parents to help save for their children until they turn 21 years old.
This account actually earns competitive interest rates.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements either so it’s strictly just a parent savings account.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Consumers National Bank has one money market that earns tiered interest rates.
Consumers Relationship Money Market:
- Open with $50
- Waive the $12 monthly fee by maintaining a daily balance of $1,500
- This account earns competitive interest rates
- You are allowed up to 6 transfers per statement cycle
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.50% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.45% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the BBVA Money Market Account, you’ll enjoy:
• Earn 0.13% APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
• Earn this exceptional rate on your entire balance
• $25 minimum opening deposit required
• Get a competitive rate, with tiered interest to grow your money faster
• Interest compounds and is credited monthly
• Easily withdraw money in branch & at BBVA ATMs w/no fees
• Enjoy 24/7 online access with Online and Mobile Banking
• Link to your BBVA checking account for Overdraft Protection
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Consumers National Bank offers CDs with competitive rates. You will need a minimum deposit of $1,000 to open any of their CDs.
Their CDs earn high competitive rates and the terms range from 3 months – 6 years.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.25% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the BBVA CD:
• Earn up to 0.20% APY with just a $500 minimum deposit
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Reasons to Bank with Consumers National Bank
- A lot of their accounts don’t require a monthly fee nor minimum balance requirements.
- Provides a senior citizen checking account.
- Offers a children’s savings account.
- They have UTMA savings account for parents to save for their children’s future.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They have easily waiveable monthly fees and not too high minimum balance requirements.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Consumers National Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Consumers National Bank
- They are only located in Ohio. They have a total of 13 physical branches.
- Absence of a children checking account since there is a savings one.
- The Dimes to Dollar savings account is completely free to open and can earn interest.
- Lacking a senior savings account.
- Lack of holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
- Their customer service isn’t opened on weekends.
Consumers National Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Consumers National Bank is 041201143.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Consumers National Bank at (330)-341-8741.
A customer representative will be available to speak to you during these hours:
- Monday to Thursday 9:00 .am. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday at 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday at 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
How Consumers National Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you happen to live in Ohio and are looking for a small, local bank that still has pretty amount of good account options, then Consumers National Bank can be of service.
All their accounts can earn high, competitive interest rates with very little requirements which is generous.
They also offer relationship checking such as Consumers Relationship Checking that also maximizes earning when combined with Dimes to Dollar Savings.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Consumers National Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!