Dime Bank has a pretty decent variety of account options. To find out if Dime Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
This bank has more checking accounts than savings, but you can link them together to maximize your interest earnings.
They are, however, consistent with their opening deposits on all their accounts. Even their money market account can be opened with as little as $25 and will still earn tiered interest rates!
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Dime Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Dime Bank
- 11 Dime Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Dime Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Dime Bank offers a large variety of checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You will need $25 to open this checking account.
There is a monthly fee of $20, but you can waive it if you maintain a daily balance of $15,000.
You can open this account with $25.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $7,500, you can waive the $6 monthly fee.
You will need yet again another $25 to open this account.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements however.
A simple, basic checking account that also can be opened with $25.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements to worry about afterwards.
A student checking account that is actually completely free to open.
There are also no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Dime Bank has a few savings accounts that all earn interest, but they are pretty standard.
This savings account earns tiered interest rates and can be opened with just $25.
If you keep a daily balance of $200, you won’t have to pay a monthly fee.
An account set aside for vacation and holiday expenses.
You only need $2 to open this savings account and then you won’t have to worry about monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
You can earn interest on this account with just $20 also.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB622 by 09/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 1.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 1.50% APY as of 8/11/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Dime Bank has one money market accounts that earns competitive interest rates.
Dime Money Market:
- Open this account with just $25
- Waive the monthly fee by maintaining a daily balance of $200
- Only need a minimum balance of $20 to start earning interest
- Earns tiered interest rates
- Convenient checking account services are included
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 1.55% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 1.50% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.00% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Dime Bank offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates.
To open a CD, you will need a minimum deposit of at least $500. The CD terms range from 30 days up to 6 years.
The CD will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.50% APY up to 3.20% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 2.10% APY on a 13-Month CD Term
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Dime Bank
- Good ratio of checking to savings account.
- They have a wide variety of savings accounts that all earns interest.
- Consistent opening deposits throughout all accounts.
- Low opening deposits and minimum balance requirements.
- They provide a student savings account.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They offer a 24-hour banking service line.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Dime Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Dime Bank
- They are only located in Connecticut with a total of 12 physical branches.
- Absence of a children checking account.
- Lack of a senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of a holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
Dime Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Dime Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Dime Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
Dime Bank has a 24-hour telephone banking service line. You can reach it at 866-879-2219.
Their business hours vary on location. You can check their website for the different hours each location has.
How Dime Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Connecticut and like having a variety of options when it comes to opening a checking account, then Dime Bank might have one that suits you.
All their accounts have pretty much the same opening deposit amount which is good, but you might have to contact them for more information about benefits or interest rates.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Dime Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!