EagleBank has a decent variety of account options. To find out if EagleBank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Their website doesn’t display enough information for their accounts so you might have to call or contact them in some way for information regarding opening deposits and minimum balance requirements.
However, their CDs do seem to earn pretty competitive interest rates.
They also have a program called “Insured Cash Sweep” that transfers transactions into deposit accounts that earn interest.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus||Discover Bank $360 Cashback Debit|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||BlockFi Up To $250 BTC Bonus|
|WeBull 2 Free Stocks|
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Insured Cash SweepSM
- 10 Reasons to Bank with EagleBank
- 11 Reasons Not to Bank with EagleBank
- 12 EagleBank Routing Number
- 13 Contact Customer Service
- 14 How EagleBank Compares
- 15 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
EagleBank offers a good variety of checking accounts.
You may have to contact EagleBank to find out information on how to and what are the requirements in opening an account.
This is an everyday checking account that comes unlimited check writing.
There are also no monthly fees when you meet their balance requirements.
This is an interest bearing checking account that earns competitive interest rates.
Meeting the balance requirements will waive the monthly fee.
This is a high interest bearing checking account and comes with more perks than the other standard ones.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
EagleBank has one standard savings accounts that comes with perks.
Their savings account come with the standard features that most accounts have. You might have to contact EagleBank to find out additional information like opening deposits.
- Free Online Banking and eStatements
- Free Debit Card
- Access to all EagleBank ATMs
- 4 ATM Surcharge Fee Refunds per statement cycle
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
EagleBank has one money market accounts that earns competitive interest rates.
Eagle Premium Money Market:
- Open this account with $2,500
- To waive the $25 monthly fee, you will have to maintain a daily balance of $10,000
- Interest is compounded monthly
- Online and Mobile Banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
EagleBank offers standard CDs that earn competitive interest rates.
Their CD terms range from 1 month to 60 months. They all require $1,000 to open.
They also offer jumbo CDs from 30 days to 36 months. You will need a minimum deposit of $10,000 to open one though.
To see the current rates, click here.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Insured Cash SweepSM
This is a program offered by EagleBank to enable banks to “sweep” your funds from a transaction account into an interest bearing one such as a money market or savings account.
It essentially puts excess cash balances into your interest bearing accounts. You can also have up to 6 withdrawals per month.
To learn more about this program, click here.
Reasons to Bank with EagleBank
- They offer relationship checking accounts that can be linked to the standard Eagle Savings.
- Their CDs earn pretty high interest rates.
- All their checking and savings accounts are high-yield interest bearing.
- They offer a 24-hour telephone banking line.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the EagleBank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with EagleBank
- They are only located in District of Columbia and Virginia with a total of 22 physical branches scattered about.
- Absence of a student check or savings account.
- Doesn’t provide a senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of a holiday savings account.
- You might to sign up for an account on their website to find out additional information.
EagleBank Routing Number
EagleBank routing number is 062203719.
Contact Customer Service
EagleBank has a 24-hour telephone banking line that you can reach at 1 (800)-364-8313.
To speak to a customer representative, you can call 301-986-1800. Their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You can also fill out one of their request forms to inquire more information and they will be in touch with you shortly.
How EagleBank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you happen to live in the District of Columbia and prefer to do your banking in person, then perhaps EagleBank can assist you.
Their website lacks crucial information on opening deposits and other requirements which is odd, but maybe it is because they encourage customers to visit a physical branch to open an account.
But, if you don’t live in D.C., then you would find it an inconvenience. Of course, you can also always call EagleBank and ask about information regarding account opening as well.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If EagleBank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|