Find the latest GE Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Current bonuses range from up to $25 when opening a new account.
Table of Contents
About GE Credit Union Promotions
GE Credit Union is headquartered in Milford and is the 13th largest credit union in the state of Connecticut. It is also the 1,024th largest credit union in the nation. It was established in 1940 and as of December of 2020, it had grown to 48 employees and 26,106 members at 11 locations. GE Credit Union has a B+ health rating.
- Availability: CT, NY, PA, VA (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull or Hard Pull? Let us know.
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown. Let us know.
I’ll review the current offer below.
GE Credit Union $25 Referral Bonus
GE Credit Union is offering a $25 bonus when you refer a friend and they meet the requirements.
- What you’ll get: $25 bonus
- Account Type: Checking
- Availability: CT, NY, PA, VA
(No expiration date listed)
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with bonus offers include the Citi Priority Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus), BMO Harris Smart Money™ Account ($300 bonus), U.S. Bank Easy Checking ($400 bonus), Fifth Third Momentum® Checking ($375 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), and SoFi Checking and Savings ($300 bonus).|
How to Earn Bonus
- Earn up to $25* for each member you refer who opens a membership account and any one of the following
- 3Point Checking account with direct deposit
- An auto, home or other loan
- VISA Credit Card
- Simply fill out this referral form to get started
- “Existing members” of GE Credit Union can refer others to become members of GE Credit Union by visiting myGECreditUnion.com (“web entry”) or by filling out a Member Referral Form (“form entry”).
- An existing member is defined as a natural person who is a member of GE Credit Union in good standing.
- Existing members will earn $25 for each person that is (a) referred using either the web entry or the form entry as referenced above and that (b) becomes a NEW member of GE Credit Union by opening a NEW membership account AND either a 3Point Checking Account with Direct Deposit OR opens a NEW Loan or VISA Credit Card Account for an amount no less than $3,000.
- There is no limit to the number of people an existing member can refer.
- There is a maximum limit of 10 “qualified” referrals which result in a Referral Bonus Deposit (“RBD”) and there is a maximum Referral Bonus Deposit amount of $250 per existing member household.
- The limits described above are defined by said person’s SSN/TIN and those living/residing in the same household.
- Any applicable Referral Bonus Deposit amounts granted will be credited to existing members’ membership account within 60 days of their referral completing the requirements listed above.
- Please consult your tax advisor as to the taxability and reporting of these bonus payments.
- Employees and their families are not eligible.
How To Waive Monthly Fees
- 3Point Checking: $10 monthly fee, waivable with at least one of the following: Aggregate direct deposit(s) of at least $150 per month; $1,000 in total share balances; $1,000 in loan balances; 12 or more debit card purchases each month; or be enrolled in eStatements
- 3Point Business Checking: $5 monthly fee, waivable with enrollment in eStatements
- 3Point Business Money Market: None
This bonus will be reported as interest income to the IRS on a 1099-INT. Join GE Credit Union today to earn a $25 Bonus! To get the bonus, simply spread the word of GE Credit Union to your friends and family members. Your referral will then need to apply for a membership account and open up ANY of the following three: a 3Point Checking account with direct deposit, auto/home/other loan, and/or VISA credit card. Once all of the requirements are met you will earn a $25 Bonus!
*Check back at this page for updated GE Federal Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers.