Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card is offering 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. These 80k bonus points are worth around $480.
Your Hilton Honors points will grow quickly when you use this card! Hilton Honors purchases will earn you 7X bonus points per $1 spent. So, book your stays with this card to get the most points!
Then, restaurant, supermarket, and gas station purchases made in the U.S. with this card will earn 5X bonus points per $1 spent. These popular categories will make it easy to earn tons of points. Lastly, all other purchases will earn 3X bonus points per $1 spent.
Additionally, receive automatic Silver Status with your Hilton Honors card where you will earn 15% bonus points from base points. Among great features of the Hilton Honors American Express Card is the $0 annual fee.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus||Discover Bank $360 Cashback Debit|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||BlockFi Up To $250 BTC Bonus|
|WeBull 2 Free Stocks|
Table of Contents
- 1 Hilton Honors American Express Card Summary
- 2 Compare Hilton Honors Cards
- 3 The Hilton Honors Card Bonus Points Offer
- 4 Hilton Honors Card From American Express Pros & Cons
- 5 Why You Should Apply
- 6 Earn & Redeem Hilton Honors Points
- 7 Card Benefits
- 8 Other Card Benefits
- 9 Bottom Line
- 10 What’s The Competition?
Hilton Honors American Express Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership|
|Free Nights||5th night free on Standard Room Rewards stays of 5 nights or more booked using Points.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||7 Points per $1 directly at participating hotels or resorts within Hilton portfolio.
5 Points per $1 at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, U.S. gas stations.
3 Points per $1 on all other purchases.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Elite Status||Complimentary Silver Status. Spend $20k in a calendar year for Gold Status.|
Compare Hilton Honors Cards
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has a welcome offer of 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
In addition, you can enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card & earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
This card has a $95 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)
The Hilton Honors American Express Card offers 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll have the opportunity to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands., 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations, & 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
This card comes with annual fee and no foreign transaction fees, so you can enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad.
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card offers 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
On top of that, you can earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
You can also earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year once you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
Take advantage of earning 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio, 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, & U.S. gas stations, and 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
This card does carry a $95 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card offers 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
You're able to earn:
• 14X Hilton Bonus Points when you make eligible purchases on your Card at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio;
• 7X Bonus Points for eligible purchases: on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies & at U.S. restaurants.
• 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
This card does come with a $450 annual fee, however, you can enjoy up to $250 in Hilton Resort Credits on your Card each anniversary year, when you stay at participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio. In addition, you can benefit with a complimentary Diamond status with your Hilton Honors Aspire Card.
The Hilton Honors Card Bonus Points Offer
A pretty decent welcome offer for a card with no annual fee, so if you’re looking for a card to help you earn rewards towards free nights, check this one out.
Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you meet the spending requirement.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Hilton Honors Card From American Express Pros & Cons
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. The Hilton Portfolio:
- Properties: 5,100
- Countries: 103
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors bonus points on all other eligible purchases.
With this card, you can enjoy free Silver Status. Also, earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold Status for the entire following calendar year when you spend at least $20,000 on eligible purchases in the current year.
Silver Status Benefits:
- Guaranteed member discount
- Extra points towards free nights (20%)
- No resort fees on Reward stays
- In-Room and Lobby Wi-Fi
- Late Check-out
- 5th Standard Reward Night Free
- Elite Tier Rollover Nights
Gold Status benefits (if you earn the upgrade):
- All Silver Status benefits
- Extra points towards free nights is 80% instead of 20%
- Space-available Room Upgrade (up to Executive room type)
- Complimentary breakfast at all hotels
- Unlimited Milestone Bonuses
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Hilton Honors American Express Card.
Hilton Portfolio Of Hotels
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: With more than 570 properties across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts is known as the stylish, innovative leader of hospitality.
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts: Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts are mirrors of their location and are the new expressions of the legendary True Waldorf Service.
- Conrad Hotel & Resorts: At Conrad Hotels & Resorts, luxury is easily reachable and service that is catered to your every need.
- Canopy by Hilton: For an energizing and comfortable experience, Canopy by Hilton is the fresh, neighborhood hotel that creates a positive stay through simple guest-directed service and local choices.
- Curio Collection by Hilton: Each hotel in the Curio Collection is completely different from the next. Curio is a collection of hand-picked hotels that are authentic, independent and remarkable.
- Doubletree by Hilton: Full-service and full of warmth, DoubleTree by Hilton has more than 400 wonderful places to stay, occupying prime locations in gateway cities and getaway destinations around the globe.
- Tapestry Collection by Hilton: Tapestry Collection by Hilton is a gathering of original hotels chosen because of a commitment to being unique.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton: All guests are welcomed with a two-room suite, free made-to-order breakfast each morning, and complimentary drinks and snacks for two hours every night.
- Hilton Garden Inn: With over 530 locations worldwide, they understand what you need to get from one busy, bustling business day to the next, and we’ll go above and beyond to ensure each stay is a successful one.
- Hampton by Hilton: With over 2,200 locations globally, Hampton by Hilton hotels offer high-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities.
- Tru by Hilton: Tru by Hilton is a revolutionary new brand that is simplified, spirited and grounded in value for guests with a zest for life and a desire for human connection.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: In every suite they give you a spacious living room and a real kitchen with a full-sized fridge, and a comfortable bedroom with space to spread out and organize.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Home2 Suites by Hilton is more than a midscale, extended-stay hotel; it’s a spirited and innovative hotel brand for the savvy, value-wise traveler staying a few months or a few nights.
- Hilton Grand Vactions: Hilton Grand Vacations is your go-to destination for a collection of high-quality vacation ownership resorts in renowned travel destinations.
- Redeem points for hotel stays, airfare, car rentals, cruises, shopping, dining or charity
- Points don’t expire as long as you use the card at least once every 12 months
- No limit on number of points you can earn
- Use partial points to book rewards
- Use points to upgrade a reservation
- Can transfer points to 40+ airline partners
- No Annual Fee.
- ShopRunner. For the veteran online shopper, you’ve probably heard of ShopRunner. It is a service that will allow you to get free 2-day shipping on eligible items with nearly 140+ online partner stores. You will receive free membership to this service with the Hilton Honors Card.
- Limited Rewards Categories. The rewards categories you can earn from are U.S. gas stations, U.S. restaurants, and U.S. supermarkets. Any other purchases will devalue your rewards rates.
- Only worth it if you are a fan of Hilton Portfolio hotels. This card is only beneficial if you frequent Hilton Portfolio hotels.
Why You Should Apply
Earn Up to 7X Reward Points. Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands. Then, earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations. Finally, earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
Upgrade to Elite Status. Get complimentary Silver status with your Hilton Honors Card from American Express and 15% bonus on Honors base points. Spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
Earn & Redeem Hilton Honors Points
The featured welcome offer is a fairly attainable bonus for most card users. Plus, with no annual fee, you don’t have to worry about spending enough to make this card worthwhile.
Earn 7X Hilton Honors bonus points for eligible purchases in the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands. Then, earn 5X Hilton Honors bonus points for eligible purchases at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations in the U.S. All other purchases earn 3X Hilton Honors bonus points.
You can redeem your points for hotel stays, airfare, car rentals, cruises, shopping, dining or charity. Points don’t expire as long as you use card at least once every 12 months. Plus, there is no limit on number of points you can earn. When redeeming your points, there are no blackout dates or minimum redemption threshold.
No Annual Fee: The Hilton Honors American Express Card has no annual fee. Make monthly payments in full and all the rewards and benefits will not cost you anything.
Exclusive American Express Benefits: Enjoy Amex travel benefits that come with your card. These include baggage insurance, car rental loss and damage insurance, travel accident insurance and roadside assistance.
Extended Warranty: Match the length of your manufacturer’s warranty for up to one additional year. Just use your American Express card for eligible purchases that comes with an original U.S. manufacturer’s warranty of 5 years or less. The extended warranty coverage is limited to the actual amount charged on your Amex card up to $10k per item and $50k per calendar year.
Return Protection: Have you ever tried to return a purchase to a merchant and they won’t take it back? Enjoy return protection on eligible items purchased with your card within 90 days from the date of purchase. It’s limited to $300 per item and limited to $1,000 per calendar year. You must make purchases in the U.S. or within its territories for eligibility.
Purchase Protection: As long as you purchased an item with your Amex card, you can rest assure knowing that you have theft and accidental damage. It’s covered by Amex’s Purchase Protection program. Get protection up to 90 days of purchase. It’s limited to $1,000 per occurrence and a total of $50,000 per calendar year.
Other Card Benefits
Complementary Silver Status: With this card, you can enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status. When you spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year, you’re eligible for an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year. In addition, you’ll get your 5th night free for every consecutive hotel stay, a 15% bonus on points, and a 500 point bonus when you reserve and pay with your card.
Travel & Purchase Perks: Your 2nd guest stays free, enjoy express checkout, late checkout, no foreign transaction fee, car rental insurance, baggage insurance, free roadside assistance, extended warranty, purchase and return protection, and get VIP access to select events.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card can be valuable for those who constantly stay at Hilton hotels and resorts.
If you haven’t noticed, Hilton has over 3,800 properties worldwide! Travel and stay at more Hilton properties with automatic Silver Status and the chance to fast track to Gold Status.
Enjoy all that the Amex Hilton Honors Card has to offer with no annual fee. Review our complete list of credit card bonuses for other offers.
What’s The Competition?
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|