Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card is offering 75,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Card after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. These 75k bonus points are worth around $450.
Your Hilton Honors points will grow quickly when you use this card! Hilton Honors purchases will earn you 7X bonus points per $1 spent. So, book your stays with this card to get the most points!
Then, restaurant, supermarket, and gas station purchases made in the U.S. with this card will earn 5X bonus points per $1 spent. These popular categories will make it easy to earn tons of points. Lastly, all other purchases will earn 3X bonus points per $1 spent.
Additionally, receive automatic Silver Status with your Hilton Honors card where you will earn 15% bonus points from base points. Among great features of the Hilton Honors American Express Card is the $0 annual fee.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Table of Contents
- 1 Hilton Honors American Express Card Summary
- 2 The Hilton Honors Card Bonus Points Offer
- 3 Hilton Honors Card From American Express Pros & Cons
- 4 Why You Should Apply
- 5 Earn & Redeem Hilton Honors Points
- 6 Card Benefits
- 7 Other Card Benefits
- 8 Bottom Line
- 9 What’s The Competition?
Hilton Honors American Express Card Summary
|Bonus Available||75,000 Hilton Honors Points when you spend $1,000 within the first 3 months.|
|Free Nights||5th night free on Standard Room Rewards stays of 5 nights or more booked using Points.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||7 Points per $1 directly at participating hotels or resorts within Hilton portfolio.
5 Points per $1 at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, U.S. gas stations.
3 Points per $1 on all other purchases.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Elite Status||Complimentary Silver Status. Spend $20k in a calendar year for Gold Status.|
The Hilton Honors Card Bonus Points Offer
A pretty decent welcome offer for a card with no annual fee, so if you’re looking for a card to help you earn rewards towards free nights, check this one out. To earn the 75,000 bonus points, you must spend $1,000 in purchases on the card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Here are some ways you can meet the minimum spending requirement.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Hilton Honors Card From American Express Pros & Cons
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. The Hilton Portfolio:
- Properties: 5,100
- Countries: 103
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors bonus points on all other eligible purchases.
With this card, you can enjoy free Silver Status. Also, earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold Status for the entire following calendar year when you spend at least $20,000 on eligible purchases in the current year.
Silver Status Benefits:
- Guaranteed member discount
- Extra points towards free nights (20%)
- No resort fees on Reward stays
- In-Room and Lobby Wi-Fi
- Late Check-out
- 5th Standard Reward Night Free
- Elite Tier Rollover Nights
Gold Status benefits (if you earn the upgrade):
- All Silver Status benefits
- Extra points towards free nights is 80% instead of 20%
- Space-available Room Upgrade (up to Executive room type)
- Complimentary breakfast at all hotels
- Unlimited Milestone Bonuses
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Hilton Honors American Express Card.
Hilton Portfolio Of Hotels
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: With more than 570 properties across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts is known as the stylish, innovative leader of hospitality.
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts: Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts are mirrors of their location and are the new expressions of the legendary True Waldorf Service.
- Conrad Hotel & Resorts: At Conrad Hotels & Resorts, luxury is easily reachable and service that is catered to your every need.
- Canopy by Hilton: For an energizing and comfortable experience, Canopy by Hilton is the fresh, neighborhood hotel that creates a positive stay through simple guest-directed service and local choices.
- Curio Collection by Hilton: Each hotel in the Curio Collection is completely different from the next. Curio is a collection of hand-picked hotels that are authentic, independent and remarkable.
- Doubletree by Hilton: Full-service and full of warmth, DoubleTree by Hilton has more than 400 wonderful places to stay, occupying prime locations in gateway cities and getaway destinations around the globe.
- Tapestry Collection by Hilton: Tapestry Collection by Hilton is a gathering of original hotels chosen because of a commitment to being unique.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton: All guests are welcomed with a two-room suite, free made-to-order breakfast each morning, and complimentary drinks and snacks for two hours every night.
- Hilton Garden Inn: With over 530 locations worldwide, they understand what you need to get from one busy, bustling business day to the next, and we’ll go above and beyond to ensure each stay is a successful one.
- Hampton by Hilton: With over 2,200 locations globally, Hampton by Hilton hotels offer high-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities.
- Tru by Hilton: Tru by Hilton is a revolutionary new brand that is simplified, spirited and grounded in value for guests with a zest for life and a desire for human connection.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: In every suite they give you a spacious living room and a real kitchen with a full-sized fridge, and a comfortable bedroom with space to spread out and organize.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Home2 Suites by Hilton is more than a midscale, extended-stay hotel; it’s a spirited and innovative hotel brand for the savvy, value-wise traveler staying a few months or a few nights.
- Hilton Grand Vactions: Hilton Grand Vacations is your go-to destination for a collection of high-quality vacation ownership resorts in renowned travel destinations.
- Redeem points for hotel stays, airfare, car rentals, cruises, shopping, dining or charity
- Points don’t expire as long as you use the card at least once every 12 months
- No limit on number of points you can earn
- Use partial points to book rewards
- Use points to upgrade a reservation
- Can transfer points to 40+ airline partners
- No Annual Fee.
- ShopRunner. For the veteran online shopper, you’ve probably heard of ShopRunner. It is a service that will allow you to get free 2-day shipping on eligible items with nearly 140+ online partner stores. You will receive free membership to this service with the Hilton Honors Card.
- Limited Rewards Categories. The rewards categories you can earn from are U.S. gas stations, U.S. restaurants, and U.S. supermarkets. Any other purchases will devalue your rewards rates.
- Only worth it if you are a fan of Hilton Portfolio hotels. This card is only beneficial if you frequent Hilton Portfolio hotels.
Why You Should Apply
Earn Up to 7X Reward Points. Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands. Then, earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations. Finally, earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
Upgrade to Elite Status. Get complimentary Silver status with your Hilton Honors Card from American Express and 15% bonus on Honors base points. Spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
Earn & Redeem Hilton Honors Points
The featured welcome offer is a fairly attainable bonus for most card users. Plus, with no annual fee, you don’t have to worry about spending enough to make this card worthwhile.
Earn 7X Hilton Honors bonus points for eligible purchases in the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands. Then, earn 5X Hilton Honors bonus points for eligible purchases at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations in the U.S. All other purchases earn 3X Hilton Honors bonus points.
You can redeem your points for hotel stays, airfare, car rentals, cruises, shopping, dining or charity. Points don’t expire as long as you use card at least once every 12 months. Plus, there is no limit on number of points you can earn. When redeeming your points, there are no blackout dates or minimum redemption threshold.
No Annual Fee: The Hilton Honors American Express Card has no annual fee. Make monthly payments in full and all the rewards and benefits will not cost you anything.
Exclusive American Express Benefits: Enjoy Amex travel benefits that come with your card. These include baggage insurance, car rental loss and damage insurance, travel accident insurance and roadside assistance.
Extended Warranty: Match the length of your manufacturer’s warranty for up to one additional year. Just use your American Express card for eligible purchases that comes with an original U.S. manufacturer’s warranty of 5 years or less. The extended warranty coverage is limited to the actual amount charged on your Amex card up to $10k per item and $50k per calendar year.
Return Protection: Have you ever tried to return a purchase to a merchant and they won’t take it back? Enjoy return protection on eligible items purchased with your card within 90 days from the date of purchase. It’s limited to $300 per item and limited to $1,000 per calendar year. You must make purchases in the U.S. or within its territories for eligibility.
Purchase Protection: As long as you purchased an item with your Amex card, you can rest assure knowing that you have theft and accidental damage. It’s covered by Amex’s Purchase Protection program. Get protection up to 90 days of purchase. It’s limited to $1,000 per occurrence and a total of $50,000 per calendar year.
Other Card Benefits
Complementary Silver Status: With this card, you can enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status. When you spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year, you’re eligible for an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year. In addition, you’ll get your 5th night free for every consecutive hotel stay, a 15% bonus on points, and a 500 point bonus when you reserve and pay with your card.
Travel & Purchase Perks: Your 2nd guest stays free, enjoy express checkout, late checkout, no foreign transaction fee, car rental insurance, baggage insurance, free roadside assistance, extended warranty, purchase and return protection, and get VIP access to select events.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card can be valuable for those who constantly stay at Hilton hotels and resorts.
If you haven’t noticed, Hilton has over 3,800 properties worldwide! Travel and stay at more Hilton properties with automatic Silver Status and the chance to fast track to Gold Status.
Enjoy all that the Amex Hilton Honors Card has to offer with no annual fee. Review our complete list of credit card bonuses for other offers.
The Hilton Honors American Express Card offers offers 75,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Card after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll have the opportunity to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands., 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations, & 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
This card comes with annual fee and no foreign transaction fees, so you can enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
What’s The Competition?
The Chase Freedom® Card offers a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate and an unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases. You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that's updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|UFB Direct High Yield Savings||2.15% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||2.10% APY||Review|
|Betterment Everyday Savings||2.04% APY||Review|
|Ally Invest||$3,500 Cash||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$600 Cash||Review|