Do you find yourself staying at Hilton locations often when your far from home? Then make sure to check out the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express! This card offers 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points when you spend $4,000 in purchases on the card within your first 3 months of card membership.
Additionally, you’ll earn up to 14x per dollar spent, complimentary diamond status, a free Weekend Night Reward annually, priority pass select and more! If you’re interested in what more the Hilton Aspire Card from American Express has to offer, see below!
* The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card is offered by American Express which have great welcome offers.
Table of Contents
Hilton Honors Aspire from American Express
|Bonus Available||150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Plus, enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
|Travel Credit||$100 Property Credit
$250 Airline Fee Credit
$250 Hilton Resort Credit
|Weekend Night Rewards||1 weekend night reward with your new card and every year after renewal.
An additional night after you spend $60,000 on purchases in a calendar year.
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||14X Hilton Honors bonus points at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio.
7X Hilton Honors bonus points for flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, U.S. restaurants.
3X Hilton Honors bonus points on all other eligible purchases.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||1,000+ VIP lounges in over 500 cities worldwide with Priority Pass Select for you and up to 2 guests per visit.|
Compare Hilton Honors Cards
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card offers 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
You're able to earn:
• 14X Hilton Bonus Points when you make eligible purchases on your Card at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio;
• 7X Bonus Points for eligible purchases: on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies & at U.S. restaurants.
• 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
This card does come with a $450 annual fee, however, you can enjoy up to $250 in Hilton Resort Credits on your Card each anniversary year, when you stay at participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio. In addition, you can benefit with a complimentary Diamond status with your Hilton Honors Aspire Card.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card has a welcome offer of up to 180,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points. Earn 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
You'll earn 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
In addition, you can enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card & earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
This card has a $95 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)
The Hilton Honors American Express Card offers 80,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $5,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Honors portfolio of brands., 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations, & 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
This card comes with annual fee and no foreign transaction fees, so you can enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad. (See Rates & Fees)
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card offers 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
On top of that, you can earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
You can also earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year once you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
Take advantage of earning 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio, 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, & U.S. gas stations, and 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
This card does carry a $95 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)
150,000 Bonus Points With The Aspire Card
Earn an astounding 150,000 bonus points offer directly through the American Express website. Similar to other American Express credit card offers, it is better to go directly from their site to receive the maximum bonus offer.
For the best value for your points, we recommend that you redeem your points toward Hilton Hotel stays. This way, your 150,000 bonus points will be worth $900.
To qualify for this offer, you must spend at least $4,000 in purchases on the card within your first 3 months of card membership.
Here are some ways you can meet the spending requirements:
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Hilton Honors Aspire from American Express Benefits
The Hilton Honors Aspire Card earns 14X Hilton Honors bonus points at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio (see the next section below for the listing of properties). 7X Hilton Honors points are earned on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, and U.S. restaurants. The select car rental companies include: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z, Fox, Hertz, National, Payless, Sixt and Thrifty.
Also, earn 3x Hilton Honors bonus points on all other eligible purchases.
The value of each point is around 0.6 cents, which is way above industry standards.
Get complimentary Diamond Status with the HIlton Honors Aspire Card, which already comes with Silver and Gold Status benefits along with it’s own. These are all the benefits that come with Diamond:
- Guaranteed Member Discount
- Points Towards Free Nights
- No resort fees on Reward Stays
- Digital Check-in and Choose Your Room
- Digital Key
- In-Room and Lobby Wi-Fi
- Second Guest Stays Free
- Late Check-out
- Free Transfer of Points and Points Pooling
- 5th Standard Reward Night Free
- 2 Bottles of Water
- Elite Tier Rollover Nights
- Space-available Room Upgrade
- Complimentary Breakfast at all hotels
- Unlimited Milestone Bonuses
- Executive Lounge Access *Diamond Status tier
- Diamond Status Extension *Diamond Status tier
- 48-Hour Room Guarantee *Diamond Status tier
- Elite Status Gifting *Diamond Status tier
Get one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors Aspire card from American Express and every anniversary of your card membership.
In addition, earn an additional night after you spend $60,000 on purchases on your card in a calendar year.
Your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card will net you $250 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Hilton Resorts. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts.
Get statement credits of up to $250 per calendar year toward incidental air travel fees with your selected qualifying airline at www.americanexpress.com/airlinecreditchoice. Choose your airline carefully for the most value out of your points. You will have the choice one time each year in January.
With your Card, book a 2 night minimum stay at HiltonHonors.com/aspirecard and get up to $100 in credits for qualifying charges at participating hotels (Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, and Conrad Hotels & Resorts).
Have access to unlimited lounge visits for you and up to 2 guests per visit once enrolled in complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, which offers access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world.
This is more than $400 in value when compared to the standalone Priority Pass membership level that most closely resembles Priority Pass Select.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express.
Properties In The Hilton Portfolio
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: With more than 570 properties across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts is known as the stylish, innovative leader of hospitality.
- Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts: Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts are mirrors of their location and are the new expressions of the legendary True Waldorf Service.
- Conrad Hotel & Resorts: At Conrad Hotels & Resorts, luxury is easily reachable and service that is catered to your every need.
- Canopy by Hilton: For an energizing and comfortable experience, Canopy by Hilton is the fresh, neighborhood hotel that creates a positive stay through simple guest-directed service and local choices.
- Curio Collection by Hilton: Each hotel in the Curio Collection is completely different from the next. Curio is a collection of hand-picked hotels that are authentic, independent and remarkable.
- Doubletree by Hilton: Full-service and full of warmth, DoubleTree by Hilton has more than 400 wonderful places to stay, occupying prime locations in gateway cities and getaway destinations around the globe.
- Tapestry Collection by Hilton: Tapestry Collection by Hilton is a gathering of original hotels chosen because of a commitment to being unique.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton: All guests are welcomed with a two-room suite, free made-to-order breakfast each morning, and complimentary drinks and snacks for two hours every night.
- Hilton Garden Inn: With over 530 locations worldwide, they understand what you need to get from one busy, bustling business day to the next, and we’ll go above and beyond to ensure each stay is a successful one.
- Hampton by Hilton: With over 2,200 locations globally, Hampton by Hilton hotels offer high-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities.
- Tru by Hilton: Tru by Hilton is a revolutionary new brand that is simplified, spirited and grounded in value for guests with a zest for life and a desire for human connection.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: In every suite they give you a spacious living room and a real kitchen with a full-sized fridge, and a comfortable bedroom with space to spread out and organize.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton: Home2 Suites by Hilton is more than a midscale, extended-stay hotel; it’s a spirited and innovative hotel brand for the savvy, value-wise traveler staying a few months or a few nights.
- Hilton Grand Vactions: Hilton Grand Vacations is your go-to destination for a collection of high-quality vacation ownership resorts in renowned travel destinations.
For frequent Hilton customers, The Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express is the perfect option for you. Travelers are able to maximize their travels with this simple card.
If you’re interested in more travel cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
What’s the Competition?
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 10X points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 60,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $600 in travel.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.