Money is becoming more electronic transferring money between bank accounts so it should be quick and easy. HSBC prioritizes your time by offering you with many convenient ways to move your money.
Here in this post, we will be discussing how to transfer money with the ease of online banking. You’ll learn about bank to bank transfers, pay for bills, international payments, and global transfers.
Be sure to check out HMB and see our posts on more Bank Guides as well as the best Credit card bonuses and best savings rates.
Bank to Bank Transfers
If you are looking to move money between your own bank accounts, then a bank-to-bank transfer is a good option.
You can set up the transfer with the sending or receiving bank, and the funds arrive at the destination after two or three business days.
Many banks allow you to make transfers for free it never hurts to check with both banks just to be safe. To get started, you must log on to Personal Internet Banking to sign up for Bank to Bank Transfers.
- With Bank to Bank Transfers, you can easily move money between your U.S. HSBC deposit accounts and your accounts at other U.S. financial institutions – including banks, credit unions and brokerage accounts.
- Move from $10 up to $350,000 into your HSBC account daily at one time
- Set up both single and recurring transfers
- Receive email confirmations for upcoming transfers, transfers in progress and completed transfers
With HSBC’s online Bill Pay, you can pay virtually anyone in the U.S. You would cut the regular time it’d take to pay with a check into a fraction of the time. You will benefit because it’s free to use this service to pay bills online and mobile.
You stay in control of who gets paid and when you pay them, unlike automatic debit and your online payments are guaranteed to arrive on time.
You can create a new Bill Pay when you log on to Personal Internet Banking from your computer.
Once you set up and make the first payment to that payee, payments can be setup through Mobile Banking after.
If you are looking for a secure and convenient way to send money abroad, use the HSBC wire transfer service. This can come into play when you need to buy property, make a rental payment, pay for personal expenses, or to send funds to family and friends.
It is important that you provide the sufficient information because incorrect or missing information may lead to delays to your International Wire Transfer so it’s important to double-check that your wire transfer details are correct. A transfer fee is charged for each outgoing Wire Transfer.
- Flexible & Convenient: Available 24/7 through Personal Internet Banking, you can schedule International Wire Transfers for ‘Today’, ‘Later’, or ‘Recurring’ using up to the available balance in your checking or savings account.
- Exchange Rate Certainty: We provide you with live foreign exchange rates, updated frequently during market hours.
- Currencies: With HSBC Bank USA, N.A. you can send wire transfers in up to 14 currencies, including the Euro, Sterling, Hong Kong Dollar, Canadian Dollar, and Australian Dollar.
- Safe & Secure: For added protection, when sending funds via Personal Internet Banking, it is required that you authenticate your International Wire Transfer by providing a Security Code generated from your HSBC Security Device.
- Your own account details
- Recipient’s full name and address
- Recipients’ bank code
- IBAN (International Bank Account number) or account number
- Country of recipient’s bank
- Amount of the wire transfer
- Any reference
Reason for making the wire transfer
Receiving an International Wire Transfer: You can receive International Wire Transfers in a foreign currency or U.S. Dollars. If a wire transfer is received in a different currency to what your account is held in, it’ll convert using the HSBC Exchange Rate, before crediting it to your account.
You will need to know your full name and address, SWIFT Code, International Bank Account Number or account number, BIC Business Identifier Code.
Global View and Transfers
Global view is a unique service within Personal Internet Banking allows you to access your eligible worldwide HSBC deposit accounts, view the balances of your eligible HSBC deposit accounts, launch the online banking service for each linked international account, and monitor your eligible deposit accounts from virtually anywhere in the world.
Global transfers from HSBC allows you to seamlessly transfer funds between your eligible international HSBC deposit accounts.
This allows for fast and secure international transfers, no transfer fee for transfers from eligible U.S. HSBC deposit accounts, and generous single Global Transfers limit allows you to transfer larger amounts between your eligible accounts.
Some things to keep in mind are that Global View and Global Transfers are only available for HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance clients and are not available in all countries. The maximum outbound and inbound Global Transfers limit for U.S. HSBC accounts is $200,000 per transaction and per day.
To qualify for HSBC Premier with HSBC Bank, you need to open an HSBC Premier checking account and maintain $100,000 in combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances. Business owners may use their commercial balances to qualify for a personal HSBC Premier relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will be incurred if minimum balance requirements are not maintained.
To qualify for HSBC Advance with HSBC Bank, you need to open an HSBC Advance checking account and maintain combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances of at least $10,000 OR at least $5,000 with a recurring direct deposit from a third party to an HSBC Advance checking account at least once per monthly cycle.
Business owners may use their HSBC commercial balances to qualify for a personal HSBC Advance relationship. A monthly maintenance fee of $25 will be incurred if minimum balance or minimum balance with direct deposit requirement is not met.
Do you have an account open with HSBC bank? Did you know you could transfer money with ease through their services?
This is extremely helpful between bank transfers, paying the bills, international payments, and global transfers.
Hopefully you learned something new after reading this post. Check out HMB if you would like more HSBC Bank Promotions or see our posts on more Bank Guides as well as the best Credit card bonuses and best savings rates.
See more on what HSBC has to offer!
Leave a Reply