If you recently moved to the United States for work, you may find that accessing financial services can be a problem. Take a look at the Jasper Mastercard for a possible solution to your problems. It is a great card if you don’t have any credit history. They are currently offering up to 6% cash back if you refer friends to Jasper & No Credit History Needed To Apply.
This card is issued by WebBank, Member FDIC, and doesn’t require a credit history1 or a Social Security Number2 to apply. They will report your spending and payments to Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian, which can help build your credit after responsible use. Also, they don’t charge an annual fee3, so continue reading to learn more about the Jasper Mastercard.
(Visit Jasper to learn more)
Table of Contents
Jasper Mastercard Summary
|Credit Limit||Up to $5,000|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Up to 6% cash back by referring friends. Terms apply|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
- No option for balance transfers
- Does not report to Experian
- Not for credit repair
Editor’s Alternative Pick
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase,
• 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
Jasper Mastercard Rewards
Earn Cash Back. With the Jasper Mastercard, you can earn up to 6% cash back by referring friends. Review the program terms. This is a great offer for a starter card to offer.
How It Works. You are guaranteed a minimum of 1% cash back on almost all everyday purchases as long as your account is in good standing. Then, you can boost your cash back rate by 0.5% for a full year for every friend you bring on board – all the way up to 6% cash back! Your cash back maximum will vary based on your credit limit.
Redeem Cash Back. Cash back is applied automatically to your account every month as a statement credit after three on-time payments.
Making The Most Out Of Your Jasper Mastercard
- Use it responsibly to help build a credit history in the U.S., since Jasper reports to Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian.
- Make your payments on time and in full to help establish a solid credit history and qualify for more valuable rewards credit cards with higher limits and better perks.
- Use it when you travel because it doesn’t charge any foreign transaction fees.
- Do not close this card, even if you don’t use it. Keeping it open can continue to help your credit score. Plus, there’s no annual fee to pay.
All in all, the Jasper Mastercard is good choice for those who are new to credit in the United States. Apply for this card without a Social Security Number2 or credit history1, however you will need proof of income. There is a relatively high, unsecured credit limit and no annual or foreign transactions fees.
(Visit Jasper to learn more)
1 If you have just arrived in the U.S. on a work visa, Jasper will not run a hard inquiry with the credit bureaus to process your application. If you are a U.S. citizen, a U.S. permanent resident, or if you have been living in the U.S. for more than one year at the time of application, Jasper will run an inquiry with the credit bureaus. However, application review is always based on multiple criteria, not just your credit score.
2 No SSN is required to apply for applicants who are new to the U.S. and are in the country on a work visa. SSN is required within 60 days of card activation. Card can only be activated from within the US.
3 Review the Jasper fee schedule
Alternative Credit Card Options
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees). Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline. You'll also get $120 Uber Cash: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
The American Express Cash Magnet® Card offers $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases; your cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
The card has no annual fee. (See Rates & Fees).
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 75,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 10X points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That's an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
This card comes with an annual fee of $550 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
Plus, up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card® & receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts.
The Citi Rewards+® Card offers 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $150 in gift cards at thankyou.com.
You'll earn 2X ThankYou® Points at supermarkets & gas stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X Points on all other purchases.
In addition, the Citi Rewards+® Card is the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap.
This card comes with no annual fee.
The Citi® Double Cash Card offers you the chance to earn cash back twice. Earn 2% on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases. To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time.
Balance Transfer Offer: 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will apply based on your creditworthiness. Balance Transfers do not earn cash back.
This card comes with no annual fee.