Interested in investing? Merrill Edge Brokerage is offering a $600 bonus when you open a new IRA account with $200,000 or more. Use offer code 600ME to enroll online and fund your new account within 45 days of opening. You also must be enrolled in Preferred Rewards as of 90 days from meeting the funding criteria.
After the 90 days, you will receive a generous $600 bonus within 2 weeks! Opening an IRA account means having access to a multitude of great features. And, you can qualify for $0 online equity and ETF trades — up to 30 monthly for Platinum and up to 100 monthly for Platinum Honors tier clients.
Editor’s Note: You can also earn $900 cash bonus with a Cash Management Account from Merrill Edge to do all your trading and stocks buying.
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up to $700 Cash||Review|
|Axos Self Directed Trading||$250 Cash||Review|
|TradeStation||$150 Cash & free trades||Review|
|M1 Finance||Up to $2,000 Cash & free trades||Review|
|WeBull||12 Free Stocks & free trades||Review|
|SoFi Invest||$25 Bonus and free trades||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$0 Commission Trades||Review|
Merrill Edge Account Information
- Sign Up Offer
- Account Type: Merrill Edge IRA
- Availability: Nationwide (Locator)
- Expiration Date: None
- Online Trades: $0 trade
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown, let us know
- Monthly Fee: $0
- Additional Requirements: You must fund $200,000 or more within 45 days of account opening using offer code 900ME.
- Closing Account Fee: None listed
How To Earn Merrill Edge $600 Bonus
- Enroll in offer when you open a Merrill Edge account or ask to be enrolled with the promo code 600ME.
- Fund your account with at least $200,000 within 45 days of offer enrollment with funds originating from outside Bank of America and MLPF&S.
- After 90 days of meeting the funding criteria, your cash rewards will be determined by the deposit amount in the account.
- At the end of the 90 day period, the cash reward will be deposited into your Merill Edge IRA within two weeks!
Merril Edge Bonus Breakdown
|Bonus Amount:||Deposit or Transfer Amount:|
|$0||Less than $20,000|
|$600||$200,000 or more|
Merrill Edge Account Features
- Simple flat-rate pricing– Pay only $6.95 per online equity and ETF trade with no balance minimums, no trade minimums. Or you can qualify for thirty $0 online equity and ETF trades per month.
- Merrill Edge MarketPro– Access Merrill Edge MarketPro, our real-time analysis and active trading platform, featuring integrated account and portfolio information, streaming market data, news, quotes and interactive charts.
- View investing and banking on one page– See your Merrill Edge investment and Bank of America bank accounts with one login. And, you can move money between these accounts in real time.
- Research and Insights– Receive exclusive access to Merrill Lynch videos, articles, topic papers, as well as the award winning research of BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research, named Top Global Research firm by Institutional Investor for the fourth year in a row.
- Full Range of Investments– Easily find investments that align with your investment strategy using categorized lists of stocks, ETFs and mutual funds that have been evaluated by Merrill Lynch analytics teams. To learn more about Merrill Edge pricing, visit merrilledge.com/pricing.
Merrill Edge will deposit the $600 bonus into your Merrill Edge IRA within two weeks after the 90-day qualifying period. Use offer code 600ME to enroll online and fund your new account within 45 days of opening. And, you can qualify for $0 online equity and ETF trades — up to 30 monthly for Platinum and up to 100 monthly for Platinum Honors tier clients. Find all brokerage bonuses on our exclusive list!
Interested in more brokerage promotions? See more of the best options below!
- Ally Invest Brokerage Promotion
- E*Trade Brokerage Promotion
- TD Ameritrade Promotion
- Robinhood Review
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
GLAD I STOPPED —- I had a Merrill lynch account years ago and their agent kept selling / promoting their IPO’s — kept loosing money — anyway — was going t give them a second chance until I tried to open an account in Feb 2018. Offering a $900 bonus to transfer an IRA, then the problems started – even logging into my account was difficult, kept stating not recognizing my user name so when I went through the paperwork again, it said I could not use my user name as it was taken. Brought back memories and then started reading ALL the complaints from various websites. Stopped the transfer and I will look for another. I have accounts at Schwab and ET with no problems — so far
I can fully relate to your dealings with Merrill Edge. I have had several problems and broken promises in regards to their bonus programs etc. While I have accounts and similar bonus offers i have completed with (3) other competitor financial institutions without any type problem. WHY???????
If I wasn’t at Las Vegas trade Expo, can I still use this bonus offer?
People have been successful in getting these “expo” offers. I would suggest opening the account using the link on the offer page. This should automatically code the new account for the offer.
It’s not really clear from the “how it works”, but if it’s like the other times they’ve had this enhance offer the bonus won’t be paid until the end of the holding period, six months, rather than the funding period as is typical.
I have had great success with Merrill Edge bonuses over the years. It’s also one of my favorite brokerages because of the Preferred Rewards benefits.
Chris S says
BEWARE OF MERRILL EDGE
My promotion was the ME600 so I should have received $250 after 90 days with a $100K balance.
I transferred in 100K of stock, which matured to 166K. I sold it and withdrew 66K to leave a solid $100K in the account. In 91ish days I only got $100. I emailed my customer specialist (more on that in a minute) and after talking to the internal group, the reason was that the algorithm calculated $100K in and $66K out, leaving $34K even though I had a $100K balance.
Well this was the final insult to injury of a long litany of issues with Merrill Edge. In the first place transferring my stocks was a multi-week process of talking to so many agents and issues (I can’t recount all the issues but a fundamental issue was that my ME account was a joint-account and the account I was transferring from was an individual account). It was so bad that I got my own personal customer support person to deal with me and cut through all the red tape and misinformation from the front line agents.
Over the course of the 3 months there was virtually nothing I could do on my own using the online banking system. I needed to contact my specialist to do even the most minor things. For example, adding an external account (wouldn’t work!). Even transferring the 66K wouldn’t work because it was over some arbitrary transfer limit of 20K (which the phone agent had at one point told me was 100K limit).
Finally, going back to the bonus I was assured multiple times on the phone before the 90 days were up that I would get the $250 bonus. Nobody told me otherwise. The customer experience was the worst (bar none) of the dozens of banks/credit cards/mortgages/loans/etc. I have signed up for in the last 15 years.
If you read the terms carefully, you would realize that they paid correctly.
Are you sure CMA account qualifies ? It only mentioned IRA
Ken H says
I just had an online chat session with a Merrill rep. The ME900 bonus offer is ONLY for IRA accounts. They have a max $600 offer for CMA accounts (ME600). If you click through to the account application page, there’s a “Request Chat” box in the lower right. You can confirm my info.