Find an updated list of Michigan State University Federal Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers here.
Currently, they have a$100 bonus when you open a qualifying checking account with direct deposit.
Table of Contents
About MSU Federal Credit Union Promotions
Established in 1979, Michigan State University Federal Credit Union is headquartered in East Lansing and is the 3rd largest credit union in the state of Michigan. Since then they have grown to 18 locations, offer money market rates 5X the national average, and have an A health rating. However, if you are interested in a different banking experience, you can see all nationwide bank bonuses for more suitable offers.
- Availability: MI (Bank Locator)
- Routing Number: 272479663
- Customer Service: 800-678-4968
|Eligibility: Membership in Michigan State University Federal Credit Union is open to anyone through a $10 donation to the MSU Alumni Association (joining MSUFCU and making the $10 donation can be done simultaneously using the MSUFCU’s online application).
See current membership details
However, while Michigan State University Federal Credit Union offers fairly competitive CD rates, it is hard to compete against online banks. That being said you may want to check out our full list of Bank Rates and CD Rates.
I’ll review the offers below.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as CIT Bank, Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, Discover Bank, Huntington Bank, and TD Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$475 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $700||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$225 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $270||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
MSU Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union is offering 2019 grad a generous $100 bonus with a new Checking Account.
- Account Type: Personal Checking Account
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown, let us know
- Opening Deposit: None Listed
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None Listed
- Monthly Fee: None
- Household Limit: None Listed
- Closing Account Fee: None listed, check with CSR
(Expires August 31, 2020)
Editor’s Note: You can also earn an additional $25 when you open or upgrade to MSUFCU’s Cash Back Platinum Plus Visa Credit Card or Visa Signature Credit Card and use your card five times within the first 30 days.
Additionally, there are several entry Checking offers I’d recommend comparing this one to. The Chase Sapphire Checking ($1,000 bonus) and Premier Plus ($300 bonus) are both great options. Furthermore, the Huntington 5 Checking ($200 bonus) is also a fantastic option to take advantage of.
How To Earn $100 Checking Bonus
- MSUFCU/OU Credit Union members who graduate from Michigan State University or Oakland University in December 2019 will receive $25 deposited to their MSUFCU/OU Credit Union checking accounts when they open or upgrade to new Cash Back Platinum Plus Visa Credit Cards or Visa Signature Credit Cards between 12/15/19 and 8/31/20
- Make five purchases within 30 days of opening or upgrading. Balance transfers and cash advances are not considered purchases.
- Direct Deposit
- Custom Debit cards
- Free bill payment
- No monthly fee
- Allow 6 weeks from the date of the fifth purchase for $25 to be deposited.
- Account must be in good standing to receive deposit.
- For full details visit msufcu.org/specialoffers/fall19 or oucreditunion.org/specialoffers/fall19.
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union offers a variety of accounts available for you to maximize your savings with. While their personal checking accounts allows you to earn the bonus and gives you full access to a wide selection of features. I would only recommend this promotion if it triggers a soft pull.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and makes our site even better! Let us know if you signed up and if it was worth it!
*Check back at this page for updated Michigan State University Federal Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers.
The best bank bonuses are updated here. Check the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Read about several offers for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses of all the big banks.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC Bank routinely has offers for several of their Personal Checking and Business Checking accounts. They also have a good referral program.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Bonus offers for their Checking accounts are only available for limited periods throughout the year. They also have great options for those looking for a free Checking account (no monthly fees).
• Discover Bank Bonuses. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.