The PNC Bank Student Checking account is a great account for students who want to balance school life and budgeting. Student friendly tools help you manage and make banking a worry free task.
Keep reading to learn more about PNC Bank and how it could be the bank for you.
- Proof of active student status. High school and college students can apply. Unique features and benefits may be available at your specified school.
- Minimum opening deposit: $25 ($0 if you open an account online).
- Parent co-owner, if you’re younger than 18.
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee: So long as you prove that you’re a student, you get to enjoy no monthly fee.
- No Minimum Balance: Open an account with as little as $1.
- 3 Accounts in 1: The PNC Student Account is actually 3 accounts in 1. The spending account is your checking, reserves account is your savings (earns little interest), and your growth account is a long term savings account (higher interest rates).
- Online & Mobile Banking: Complete all your banking needs via online or on your mobile device.
- Non PNC ATM Reimbursement: Up to 2 fees will be covered by PNC.
- Overdraft Courtesy Refund: PNC Bank will refund any overdraft item or returned item fees for your first NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) event in the first 12 months after you open your account.
- Calendar: A bill payment hub where you can view all your monthly expenditures.
- Spending Zone: Helps you categorize your spending.
- 1 Free Incoming Wire: Every billing cycle, you’ll receive 1 free incoming wire transfer.
- Monthly Maintenance: $0
- Non-US Bank ATM (Domestic): $3
- Non-US Bank ATM (International): $5 + 3% fee
- Debit Card Foreign Transaction: 3%
- NSF: $0 – Capital One Automatically declines NSF Transactions, unless you choose otherwise.
- Overdraft: $36 Paid or Returned
- Continuous Overdraft Fee: $7
- Overdraft Protection: $0
- Paper Statement: $5 per billing cycle. Online statements are free
- Replacement Card (Express): $25 for expedited service.
- Early Closure: $25 – If account is closed within 180 days.
- Overdraft Fees: NSF Fees are $36 – Up to four times a day.
PNC Bank Student Checking is quite a phenomenal bank account for students who want to balance their finances and student life. The 3 in 1 account combined with the student friendly features makes banking a worry free task.
Additionally, you’ll have access to approximately 9,000 PNC Bank ATMs, and remote control of your financial information online or via mobile.
This is definitely a student account worth considering in your search to find a bank right for you!
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $150 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 60 days of account opening. Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account: Enjoy a $100 bonus when you open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and use their Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening. Learn More---Aspiration Review|