The Regions Bank Premium Visa® Signature Credit Card is a straightforward rewards card that will allow you to earn reward points on your qualifying purchases. The card welcomes you with a 30,000 Relationship Rewards bonus, $300 cash reward, after you spend $2,000 in first 90 days.
With this card, you can earn 1.5X points for every dollar spent on all qualifying purchases. Stock up and redeem your points for cash, travel, merchandise and more! However, the only drawback for this card is the annual fee of $125, but the welcome bonus will cover the card’s cost for two years!
This offer is only available in select states so if you qualify, take advantage of it today. Feel free to read more about it below if this is a card that you might be interested in!
* The Premium Visa® Signature Credit Card is issued by Region’s Bank. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
- 1 Regions Bank Premium Visa Signature Credit Card Summary
- 2 Editor’s Alternate Pick
- 3 Regions Premium Visa Signature 30,000 Bonus Points Offer
- 4 What Are Relationship Rewards Points Worth?
- 5 Why You Should Apply For This Card
- 6 Premium Visa Signature Card Top Features
- 7 Regions Premium Visa Card Availability
- 8 Bottom Line
- 9 Who’s the Competition?
Regions Bank Premium Visa Signature Credit Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 30,000 points/$300 cash when your net qualifying purchases made in the first 90 days total $2,000 or more|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
- Welcome bonus
- Relationship bonus
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Low earning potential
- Minimum redemption requirements
- Rewards expire
- Limited availability
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide; 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
Regions Premium Visa Signature 30,000 Bonus Points Offer
Take advantage of the Regions Bank Premium Visa Signature 30,000 bonus offer, which is valued at around $300. To qualify for this offer, you must spend $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of your account opening.
For all of the Regions Bank members, get this rewards card to get the benefits that come along with it.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What Are Relationship Rewards Points Worth?
The value of your points depends on how you use them, according to Regions, each Relationship Rewards points is worth around $0.01.
Ready to redeem your points? You have options to:
- Cash: starting at 25,000 points
- Travel: starting at 25,000 points
- Merchandise: starting at 2,800 points
- Gift cards: starting at 750 points
In order to get the best value of your Relationship Rewards points, use them for cash redemptions! Also note that your points will expired 48 months from the date your earned them.
Why You Should Apply For This Card
- Visa Signature Concierge Service: Visa Signature® Concierge is a complimentary Visa benefit that’s available 24 hours a day to help you find tickets to sports and entertainment events or assist with restaurant reservations. The purchase of goods or services from a merchant in connection with Visa Concierge, including any reservation or booking completed by Visa, is solely between you and the respective merchant, and Visa is not a party to the purchase. Goods or services Visa attempts to purchase on your behalf at your request are subject to availability. You are responsible for payment of any and all charges associated with any Service.
- Zero Liability Policy: With Visa’s Zero Liability Policy, you’re not responsible for unauthorized transactions on your credit card, including online purchases. If charges for such transactions occur, we’ll credit your account up to the amount of the loss, often the day after you’ve reported it, and promptly replace your compromised card. This policy does not apply if you have been grossly negligent in handling your credit card account.
- Visa Benefits: Enjoy added convenience of Purchase Security, Lost Luggage Reimbursement, Visa Signature Concierge, Price Protection, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption and Roadside Dispatch
Premium Visa Signature Card Top Features
Earn 30,000 points when your net qualifying purchases made in the first 90 days total $2,000 or more. You can then convert those points into a $300 reward bonus.
With the Regions Rewards Multiplier, the more you have in your deposit accounts, the more points your credit card purchases could earn. There are no fees to join, but you do need to register to reap the bonus rewards.
|Tier||Average Balance||Extra Points||Rewards Rate|
|1||$15,000 – $30,000||0.25 point / $1||1.75 points / $1|
|2||$30,000 – $50,000||0.5 point / $1||2 points / $1|
|3||$50,000+||1 point / $1||2.5 points / $1|
Eligible deposit accounts include:
- Money market
You can make purchases outside of the U.S. without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Regions Premium credit card.
Regions Premium Visa Card Availability
The Regions Premium card is limited to Region Bank networks, so if you reside elsewhere than the states listed below, consider other credit card options.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
If you already have a Regions Bank checking account and in search of a new credit card, consider signing up for the Regions Bank Premium Visa® Signature Credit Card.
It gives cardholders the opportunity to earn 1.5X points for every dollar spent on all qualifying purchases. Don’t forget the $300 cash reward after you spend $2,000 in first 90 day!
(Visit Regions Bank to learn more details about this card)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
There are several general travel rewards cards that offer more flexible rewards. Good examples include the following: American Express Cash Magnet Card, Chase Freedom Card, Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards.
The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $150 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|