Find the latest SAFE Federal Credit Union CD Rates, Offers, and Promotions here.
Some of the best SAFE Federal Credit Union CD Rates include their 1.05% APY 24-Month CD.
Table of Contents
About SAFE Federal Credit Union
SAFE Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Sumter, South Carolina. Established in 1955, it has grown to over 125,000 members at 19 locations throughout the state. To be eligible for this rate, you must meet the membership requirements below.
|Eligibility: Membership in SAFE Federal Credit Union is open to those who live, work, worship, or attend school in the South Carolina counties of Clarendon, Florence, Kershaw, Lee, or Sumter. Residents of certain census tracts in Lexington and Richland Counties (SC) are also eligible for membership. See current membership details
*While SAFE Federal Credit Union does have competitive rates with their launch, their product line is limited. I recommend to take a look at Discover Bank Promotions here
|Discover Bank||Up to 2.90% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank||Up to 2.85% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank||1.40% APY||Review|
SAFE Federal Credit Union CD Rates
CDs are a certificate issued by a bank to a person depositing money for a specified length of time. Usually the longer of a term, the higher APY rate you make.
The minimum opening deposit is $1,000. However, with a $100,000 minimum balance, you can invest in the high rate that SAFE Federal Credit Union is offering. They have a wide variety of rates if you can’t meet the high minimum balance. If you’re interested in making a higher rate than a traditional savings account then make sure to check out the CD rates below.
- Minimum deposit: $1k, $50k, or $100k
- Maximum deposit: None
- Early withdrawal penalty: Early Withdrawal Penalty is 90 days of dividends.
SAFE Federal Credit Union CD Features
- Federally insured for up to $250,000 by the NCUA
- Account-holders may withdraw credited dividends at any time without penalty
- Free online and mobile banking
- Account-holders may withdraw funds ten days after their maturity date without penalty
The special 1.05% APY is a pretty nice rate but it requires a hefty minimum balance. Additionally, being a credit union in one state, this offer is unavailable to most.
This is a great opportunity to invest in a high-interest CD from SAFE Federal Credit Union. However, there are more available offers out there. To get started, compare these rates to our list of best CD Rates:
- 6-Month CD Rates
- 9-Month CD Rates
- 12-Month CD Rates
- 18-Month CD Rates
- 24-Month CD Rates
- 36-Month CD Rates
- 48-Month CD Rates
- 60-Month CD Rates
You might even find yourself earning more than a regular savings account. Be sure to apply as soon as you can to start your new account experience. Check back often for the latest SAFE Federal Credit Union CD rates!
Disclaimer: Rates / APY terms above are current as of the date indicated. These quotes are from banks, credit unions and thrifts. Bank, thrift and credit union deposits are insured by the FDIC or NCUA. Contact the bank for the terms and conditions that may apply to you. Rates are subject to change without notice and may not be the same at all branches.
The best bank bonuses are updated here. Check the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Read about several offers for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses of all the big banks.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC Bank routinely has offers for several of their Personal Checking and Business Checking accounts. They also have a good referral program.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Bonus offers for their Checking accounts are only available for limited periods throughout the year. They also have great options for those looking for a free Checking account (no monthly fees).
• Discover Bank Bonuses. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.