Looking for a nice way to earn cash back? Consider the Bank of America Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card because it is a great card to use every single day. You have the opportunity to earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after making at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. This card has a $0 annual fee, no expiration on the rewards, and low introductory APR offer on purchases!
If that wasn’t enough you can earn up to 3% cash back for the first $2,500 in combined grocery, wholesale club, gas purchases each quarter. If you have your cashback deposited into your Bank of America account, then you will also receive a 10% bonus! Start earning rewards on your everyday purchases and maximize your potential savings!
* The Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
- 1 Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Card Summary
- 2 Editor’s Alternate Pick
- 3 Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Card Benefits
- 4 Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards $200 Bonus Cash
- 5 Earning Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
- 6 Bank of America Preferred Rewards Members Bonus
- 7 Redeeming Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
- 8 Susan G. Komen Foundation Support
- 9 Bottom Line
- 10 Who’s the Competition?
Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Get $200 bonus cash rewards after making at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Limited 3% cash back in the category of your choice: gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drug stores or home improvement/furnishings.**
Limited 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs.**
Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Preferred Rewards clients get a 25% to 75% rewards bonus on every purchase.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||3%|
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart and Target, plus 1% on all other purchases.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Card Benefits
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards $200 Bonus Cash
The Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa credit card’s introductory offer of $200 bonus cash will be posted to your rewards balance. For you to qualify, charge at least $1,000 to your card within the first 90 days of opening your account.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
Earning Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
The Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa has the potential for valuable rewards, but its rewards structure is complicated. The highest rewards rate of 3% cash back will be in the category of your choice. You can select one from the following six options:
If you don’t choose a category, the default 3% category is gas. The 2% category includes purchases at grocery stores and wholesale clubs. And you’ll earn unlimited 1% cashback on all other purchases.
Please note that the 2% and 3% rates are capped and only apply to the first $2,500 in combined spending every quarter. Beyond that, the rewards rate falls back to 1% on every purchase.
Also keep in mind that if your spending habits change, you’re welcome to update your choice category for future purchases once a month using the mobile banking app or the banking website.
Bank of America Preferred Rewards Members Bonus
If you enroll in Bank of America Preferred Rewards, you can enjoy a 25% to 75% rewards boost on every purchase.
To qualify for the Preferred Rewards program, you must:
- Have an active BoA personal checking account or an Advantage Banking account, and
- Maintain a 3-month average combined balance in your BoA accounts and/or your Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.
|Tier||Qualifying Combined Balance|
* If you don’t have a Bank of America checking account, you can see their current checking account bonuses and see whether or not you should sign up!
While enrolled Preferred Rewards clients receive a bonus of 25% for the Gold tier, 50% for the Platinum tier or 75% for the Platinum Honors tier.
Redeeming Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards
You can redeem your cash rewards for any amount at any time for:
- Statement credits
- Deposits made directly into a BoA checking or savings account
- Credits to eligible Merrill Lynch or Merrill Edge accounts
You may set up automatic redemptions into an eligible Bank of America, Merrill Lynch or Merrill Edge account, starting at $25.
Susan G. Komen Foundation Support
If you keep your Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa credit card open for at least 90 days, and you use it to make one transaction, Bank of America will donate $3 to the foundation. On top of that, the organization gets 0.08% of all retail purchases charged to the card. Plus $3 every time you renew your account, as long as it doesn’t have a zero balance.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The Bank of America Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card gives you fantastic benefits such as cash back on all your purchases, no annual fee, and much more.
Don’t hesitate on signing up, started earning cash back for your purchases! If you are interested in more deals from Bank Of America has to offer, see our list of the Best Bank of America Promotions.For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses.
(Visit BankofAmerica.com to learn more about this card.)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
No Annual Fee
If you’re looking for other cashback cards without annual fee, you should consider these cards: Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers 20% back on Amazon.com purchases on the Card in the first 6 months of Card membership, up to $150 back. Plus, earn $100 back after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months of card membership. You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
Annual Fee Cards with Better Rewards
If you’re a high spender, you should consider the rewards that you can earn from these cards: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card, and the Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $300 cash bonus after spending $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases. Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more.
This card does carry a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers 20% back on Amazon.com purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back. Plus, earn $150 back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
You'll earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases. In addition, you'll earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
The card does come with a $0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)