Citizens Community Bank is a standard bank with decent account options. To find out if Citizens Community Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They offer specific accounts for senior citizens that benefits them greatly.
They also offer a second chance checking account as well for those who have had bad banking history.
Checking Account Options
Citizens Community Bank has a good selection of checking accounts with low minimum requirements.
This checking account is pretty standard and can be open with a $50 minimum deposit.
If you keep a daily balance of $1,500, you can waive the $6 monthly fee.
This checking account gives those whose had bad banking history another opportunity. You will need an opening deposit of $25.
There is a monthly fee of $10, but you can reduce it to $8 if you sign up for direct deposit.
This interest bearing account will need at least an opening deposit of $1,000.
There is a $10 monthly fee but you can waive it if you manage to maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
A senior citizen checking account that will require $1,000 to open as well.
You have to 55 or over to be qualified.
You can waive the $10 monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of $1,000.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Citizens Community Bank has a small variety of savings accounts that are pretty standard.
Open this savings account with $50 and you can start earning interest.
There is a small quarterly fee of $5, but you can waive it if you keep a daily balance of $50.
A holiday savings account that can be opened with just $5! The interest is also compounded daily.
You can easily waive the $5 monthly fee but having a daily balance of $5 as well.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB223 by 06/15/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 3.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB223 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 6/15/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 3.75% APY as of 3/16/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Citizens Community Bank has a checking account that is practically a money market because it combines both checking and savings qualities.
Premium Money Market – Personal:
- Open this account with $2,500
- Interest is credited monthly
- Waive the $15 monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of at least $2,500.
- Up to 6 checks/debit items per month
- Online mobile and phone banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 3.55% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 3.50% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Citizens Community Bank offers CDs with competitive rates. Depending on the term lengths, the CD prices will vary.
They have CDs ranging from 3 months to 60 months.
For more information, click here.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 4.75% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 4.65% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Citizens Community Bank
- They offer a good variety of checking accounts.
- Lower than average monthly fees.
- Their CDs earn pretty high interest rates..
- If you prefer to bank in person, then visiting a physical branch would be the best.
- Good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Citizens Community Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens Community Bank
- They are only in Iowa with 5 total physical branches.
- They don’t have 24-hour customer service.
- Lacks a student checking or savings account.
- Lack of variety in their savings accounts.
- Doesn’t offer any relationship accounts.
- They could have higher interest rates on certain accounts.
Citizens Community Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Citizens Community Bank is 026011484.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Citizens Community Bank’s main office at (618) 566-8800, but they also have different numbers for different offices.
How Citizens Community Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- PNC: Also having a New York location, PNC Bank offers free access to PNC Bank ATMs, free mobile/online banking, reimbursement of PNC fees for use of non-PNC ATMs, and many other features that can be found on their website. They have several account options.
If you happen to live in Iowa and would like a simple bank that offers various accounts, then perhaps consider Citizens Community Bank.
They have a second chance opportunity checking account that is useful for those who’s had financial failures.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Citizens Community Bank, then apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!