The PNC Bank Student Checking account is a great account for students who want to balance school life and budgeting. Student friendly tools help you manage and make banking a worry free task.
Keep reading to learn more about PNC Bank and how it could be the bank for you.
|Sallie Mae 14-Month No Penalty CD||$1||4.05%||Review|
|Sallie Mae 10-Month No Penalty CD||$1||4.00%||Review|
|USALLIANCE Financial No Penalty CD||$500||4.00%||Review|
|CIT Bank No Penalty CD||$1,000||3.65%||Review|
|Patriot Bank No Penalty CD||$1,000||2.70%||Review|
|Ally Bank No Penalty CD||None||3.30%||Review|
|Bellco Credit Union Smart Move CD||$2,500||3.15%||Review|
|Citi No Penalty CD||$500||3.10%||Review|
|Marcus by Goldman Sachs No Penalty CD||$500||3.05%||Review|
|Marcus by Goldman Sachs No Penalty CD (For AARP Members)||$500||3.05%||Review|
|Synchrony Bank No Penalty CD||None||3.00%||Review|
|USALLIANCE Financial No Penalty CD||$500||3.00%||Review|
|MainStreet Bank No Penalty CD||$500||2.75%||Review|
|My eBanc Flex Time Deposit CD||$10,000||Up to 2.69%||Review|
|America First Credit Union Flexible Certificate Account||$500||2.45%||Review|
|Colorado Federal Savings Bank No Penalty CD||$5,000||2.35%||Review|
- Proof of active student status. High school and college students can apply. Unique features and benefits may be available at your specified school.
- Minimum opening deposit: $25 ($0 if you open an account online).
- Parent co-owner, if you’re younger than 18.
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee: So long as you prove that you’re a student, you get to enjoy no monthly fee.
- No Minimum Balance: Open an account with as little as $1.
- 3 Accounts in 1: The PNC Student Account is actually 3 accounts in 1. The spending account is your checking, reserves account is your savings (earns little interest), and your growth account is a long term savings account (higher interest rates).
- Online & Mobile Banking: Complete all your banking needs via online or on your mobile device.
- Non PNC ATM Reimbursement: Up to 2 fees will be covered by PNC.
- Overdraft Courtesy Refund: PNC Bank will refund any overdraft item or returned item fees for your first NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) event in the first 12 months after you open your account.
- Calendar: A bill payment hub where you can view all your monthly expenditures.
- Spending Zone: Helps you categorize your spending.
- 1 Free Incoming Wire: Every billing cycle, you’ll receive 1 free incoming wire transfer.
- Monthly Maintenance: $0
- Non-US Bank ATM (Domestic): $3
- Non-US Bank ATM (International): $5 + 3% fee
- Debit Card Foreign Transaction: 3%
- NSF: $0 – Capital One Automatically declines NSF Transactions, unless you choose otherwise.
- Overdraft: $36 Paid or Returned
- Continuous Overdraft Fee: $7
- Overdraft Protection: $0
- Paper Statement: $5 per billing cycle. Online statements are free
- Replacement Card (Express): $25 for expedited service.
- Early Closure: $25 – If account is closed within 180 days.
- Overdraft Fees: NSF Fees are $36 – Up to four times a day.
PNC Bank Student Checking is quite a phenomenal bank account for students who want to balance their finances and student life. The 3 in 1 account combined with the student friendly features makes banking a worry free task.
Additionally, you’ll have access to approximately 9,000 PNC Bank ATMs, and remote control of your financial information online or via mobile.
This is definitely a student account worth considering in your search to find a bank right for you!
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart MoneyTM Account and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $200 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|