Don’t you just love getting rewarded for traveling? If so, consider looking into the Union Bank Travel Rewards Visa® Credit Card. This credit card offers its customers a chance to earn 20,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Additionally, this card gives up to 3X points for every $1 spent up to $6,000 annually on travel purchases. All of this for no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee! There are plenty of other benefits with this card so continue reading on below for more information if you’re interested.
Editor’s Note: This credit card promotion is only available in select states such as CA, GA, IL, NY, OR, TX, WA. Locate the nearest Union Bank here!
* The Travel Rewards Visa® Credit Card is issued by Union Bank. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as CIT Bank, Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, Discover Bank, Huntington Bank, and TD Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
- 1 Union Bank Travel Rewards Visa Summary
- 2 Editor’s Alternate Pick
- 3 Union Bank Travel Rewards Card 20,000 Bonus Points Offer
- 4 What are Union Bank Travel Rewards Points Worth?
- 5 Union Bank Travel Rewards Card $50 Annual Travel Credit
- 6 Union Bank Travel Rewards Visa Benefits
- 7 Bottom Line
- 8 Who’s the Competition?
Union Bank Travel Rewards Visa Summary
|Bonus Available||20,000 bonus points after you spend $1,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening|
|Travel Credit||$50 annually for qualifying airline incidental fee purchases|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||3 points for every $1 spent on travel purchases. On up to $6,000 annually.
2 points for every $1 spent on restaurant purchases. On up to $6,000 annually.
1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
25% reward bonus when you redeem rewards into your Union Bank checking, savings or money market account.
50% reward bonus when you redeem rewards as a principal reduction payment to your Union Bank mortgage.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||No|
|Annual Fee||Wave first year; $49 annually.|
- Welcome bonus
- Annual airline incidental credit
- Relationship bonus
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Capped bonus categories
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide; 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
Union Bank Travel Rewards Card
20,000 Bonus Points Offer
Put Union Bank Travel Rewards card’s 20,000 bonus points offer to good use, these points are worth $200 as statement credit.
In order to qualify for the offer, charge at least $1,500 to your card within the first three months of opening your account.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What are Union Bank Travel Rewards Points Worth?
The value of your rewards depends on how you redeem them:
- Statement credits ( $0.01 per point)
- Travel (varies)
- Gift cards (varies)
- Merchandise (varies)
If you’re a Union Bank member, you can earn additional redemption options with their reward bonuses:
- Deposits into a Union Bank checking, savings or money market account (25% bonus)
- Principal reduction payments to your Union Bank mortgage account (50% bonus)
The 20,000 welcome bonus points could actually be worth:
|Union Bank account deposit||$250|
|Union Bank mortgage payment||$300|
* Union Bank Travel Rewards points expire on the third anniversary of the date earned.
Union Bank Travel Rewards Card $50 Annual Travel Credit
You can receive a statement credit of up to $50 per account per calendar year for a qualifying airline incidental fee purchase. This includes seat upgrade charges, ticket change or cancellation fees, checked baggage fees, in-flight entertainment, inboard food and beverage charges, and more! Additionally this benefit alone covers the card’s annual cost!
Union Bank Travel Rewards Visa Benefits
- $50 Travel Statement Credit: Receive a statement credit of up to $50 per account per calendar year for Qualifying Airline Incidental Fee Purchases
- Chip Security: All Union Bank cards come embedded with chip technology for wider acceptance and increased protection against fraud at home and around the world.
- Access your FICO Score: Stay on top of your credit score with free access to your FICO Score in your monthly billing statement.
- Cell Phone Protection: Receive supplemental coverage for damage and theft of your covered cell phone when you pay your monthly wireless bill with your eligible Visa card.
- 24/7 Online Access: Conveniently manage account: view statements, make payments, set up alerts, and monitor activity.
- Mobile Wallets: Pair your card with payment services like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay for easy and secure ways to pay in stores, within apps, and online with your smartphone
- Visa Concierge Services: Offers you personalized assistance with travel and restaurant reservations, gift arrangements, business services, and more. The cost of any goods or services provided are the cardholder’s responsibility.
- Emergency Card Replacement/Emergency Cash Disbursement: This efficient, worldwide service allows you to quickly and easily get a replacement Visa card sent to you and/or receive emergency cash at a convenient location.
- Lost/Stolen Card Reporting: Makes it easy to report a lost or stolen credit card anytime from anywhere in the world.
- Zero Liability: Shop with confidence since you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account or account information. You’re protected if your Visa® credit card is lost, stolen, or fraudulently used, online or offline.
The Union Bank Travel Rewards Visa® Credit Card is the kind of card you should take with you wherever you go. It features a welcome offer of 20,000 bonus points and gives up to 3X points on your purchases.
This credit card may be a great card for you if you tend to travel a lot, so if you’re interested, be sure to check out on what more Union Bank has to offer by visiting the Best Union Bank Promotion page. For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
(Visit Union Bank to learn more details about this card)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card offers 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. In addition, you'll earn 6,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary.
You'll earn 2x points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases & Rapid Rewards® hotel/car rental partner purchases; 1x point on all other purchases. You're able to redeem your points for flights, hotel stays, gift cards, access to events and more.
This card does carry a $99 annual fee, but there are no foreign transaction fee.
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening (equal to $500 in travel). Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®.
The UnitedSM Explorer Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
You'll earn 2X Miles per $1 spent at restaurants, hotel stays, & purchases from United; 1X miles for all other purchases.
Perks of this card include:
• Getting up to $100 Global Entry / TSA Pre?TM Fee Credit
• Get your first bag checked for free (up to $120 savings per roundtrip) when you using your Card to purchase your ticket
• Get priority boarding perks & visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, the annual fe is waived for the first year.