Chase is offering up to 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening with the UnitedSM MileagePlus Explorer Business Card.
Cardholders earn 2X miles at restaurants, gas stations and office supply stores. In addition, earn 2X miles for United purchases.
This card comes with an annual fee of $95, waived for the first year.
The 5/24 Chase rule applies for this card. Plus, this bonus offer is available to you if you don't have this card and haven't received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
The United Business Explorer from Chase is perfect for those who frequently fly with United. Enjoy plenty of opportunities to earn extra miles through bonuses and purchases charged to it. On top of that, earn great flight-specific perks, including priority boarding. However, if you value flexibility over loyalty to United, you will likely get a better value out of generic travel rewards or cash back business cards.
Table of Contents
Chase United Explorer Business Card
Why You Should Apply for This Card
Welcome Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Use MileagePlus miles toward travel on United. Rates currently start as low as 12,500 miles for a one-way Saver Award within the continental U.S. and Canada.
Earn 2X United Miles: Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and office supply stores. Then, earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United. All other purchases earn 1 mile per $1 spent. Miles don't expire as long as your credit card account is open. There's no limit to the number of miles you can earn.
Free First Checked Bag: Cardmembers and one companion traveling on the same reservation will each receive their first standard checked bag free on United-operated flights. The primary cardmember must include their MileagePlus number in their reservation and purchases their tickets from United with their Card. This is a $25 value for the first checked bag, each way, per person.
Priority Boarding: Cardmembers and companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding.
Two United Club Passes: Take some time to relax before your flight with two United Club one-time passes. Find them in your MileagePlus account after account opening. Get them each year for your Cardmember anniversary. Enjoy complimentary beverages, snacks, and amenities like workspaces, free Wi-Fi and more.
Premier Upgrades on Award Tickets: Cardmembers traveling on an award ticket can take advantage of Complimentary Premier Upgrades on United-operated flights when available.
Earn Unlimited 2X MileagePlus Miles
The UnitedSM Explorer Business Card earns an unlimited 2 MileagePlus miles per $1 spent on United Airlines purchases. This includes tickets, Economy Plus, inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi, and other United charges.
You also earn an unlimited 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants, office supply stores, and gas stations. This is excellent for saving money at restaurants, business, and some travel.
All other purchases earn an unlimited 1 mile per $1 spent.
There's no limit to the number of miles you can earn. Plus, miles never expire as long as your account remains open and in good standing.
The most effective way to redeem accumulated miles is for United Airlines and partner airfare. This comes in handy on international routes not served directly by United.
Redemptions generally start at 12,500 miles for one-way economy flights within the U.S. and Canada. For fully refundable tickets, those cost 25,000 miles. One-way flights for both first-class and business-class also start at 25,000 miles.
There are no blackout dates or other restrictions on award travel. Check United’s award chart for up-to-date redemption information.
United Explorer Business Perks
- Priority Boarding
- The primary Cardmember and companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding.
- Free First Checked Bag – save up to $120 per roundtrip
- The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation will each receive their first standard checked bag free. This is essentially a $30 value for the first checked bag, each way, per person. Flights must be operated by United. Tickets must be purchased with the United Explorer Card.
- Employee Cards at no additional cost
- Miles earned from their purchases accrue in your account so you can earn rewards faster. Plus, you can set up individual spending limits for each card.
- Travel & Purchase Coverage
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Purchase Protection
- Visa Concierge
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- United Club Passes (Over a $100 Value)
- Take some time to relax before your flight with two United ClubSM one-time passes, which will be deposited into your MileagePlus account after account opening and each year for your Cardmember anniversary – over a $100 value. Enjoy complimentary beverages, snacks, and amenities like workspaces, free Wi-Fi and more.
- Contactless (Just Tap To Pay)
- For fast, easy and secure checkout simply tap to pay where you see the Contactless symbol. For more information, please see www.chase.com/contactless.
If you fly a lot with your business and you're looking for a good card to carry, consider the UnitedSM MileagePlus Explorer Business Card. Earn more United Airlines MileagePlus miles at a faster rate. Plus, get all the great United Airlines perks for a $95 annual fee, waived during your first year.
You'll get the opportunity to enjoy 2X miles on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and office supply stores. Then, earn 2X miles on tickets purchased from United, and 1X mile on all other purchases. However, if you're looking for cash back options or you don't have a business, feel free to check out our full list of the best credit card bonuses to find out which one suits your needs.
(Visit Chase for more details)
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.