While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $100 back in statement credits after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. You’ll also get 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months. After that, your APR will be a variable rate based on credit worthiness and other factors. Along with no annual fee, you’ll get maximum cash back in the following categories: 3% U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 each year in purchases(then 1%), 2% U.S. gas stations & select U.S. dept stores, and 1% other purchases.
Blue Cash Everyday Card Features:
- Earn $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
- Earn Cash Back: 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 2% at U.S. gas stations & select U.S. dept stores, 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- Simple and straightforward: With the Blue Cash Everyday Card, you can start earning cash back.
- No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. Cash back is earned only on eligible purchases.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.49% to 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Why You Should Apply:
Earn $100 Statement Credit: Earn $100 statement credit after spending $1,000 in purchases on your card in your first 3 months.
Get Cash Back: Earn cash back on eligible purchases and have the flexibility to carry a balance with interest or pay in full each month. 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets, up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 2% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations; 2% Cash Back at select U.S. department stores; and 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
No Changing Categories: Some cards have changing categories where you’ll have to sign up for specific bonuses to earn more cash back. This feature makes this card extremely hassle free and simple to use.
No Annual Fee: Some cards require an annual fee to be a continue being a member. but this card has no annual fee!
Purchase Protection: All eligible purchases are protected from damage or theft for up to 90 days from the day of purchase (up to $1,000 for each eligible purchase and up to $50,000 annually per cardmember account).
Roadside Assistance Hotline: Car trouble such as dead battery or blow your tire? You can call emergency services at any time to get assistance(you still need to pay for the service).
Extended Warranty: Get one year of additional warranty coverage on eligible purchases.
Return Protection: If the retailer won’t take it back, American Express will refund the amount under certain circumstances.
Car Rental Loss & Damage: When using your card to reserve and pay for a car rental, you will be covered if the car is damaged or stolen in the U.S (This benefit is secondary to your regular auto insurance)
Global Assist Hotline: If you are more than 100 miles away from your home, there is a number you can call for help such as legal, financial, medical, and emergency assistance.
For those who qualify, you can get 0% intro APR for up to 12 months on purchases and balance transfers. In conclusion, Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is simply a good card for shopping at U.S. supermarkets, U.S. gas stations, and select U.S. department stores. No need to worry about rotating categories since it’s fixed. Especially with the no annual fee and the opportunity to earn $100 statement credit this is a no-brainer to apply along with all the AmEx perks such as extended warranties and roadside assistance.