Available nationwide, at Navy Federal Credit Union, you’ll discover that a little bit goes a long way when you start saving early. Choose from their widest variety short-term certificate rates or long-term certificate rates. Navy FCU has Term CDs that offers competitive rates of 0.50% APY on a 3-Month CD to 2.15% APY on a 7-Year CD with opening deposits of as little as $1000 or as much as $100,000! In order to qualify as a Navy FCU member you must be affiliated in any way with the Armed Forces, DoD, Coast Guard or National Guard (see how to become a member below).
Since 1933, Navy Federal Credit Union has grown from seven members to over 6 million members. And since that time, their vision statement has remained focused on serving our unique field of membership:
“Be the most preferred and trusted financial institution serving the military and their families.”
Navy FCU HOT DEAL!
For a limited time you could get a very competitive rate of 3.00% APY on a special 12-month certificate! What a great rate for that term length! Open with as little as $50 and make additional deposits at anytime, but it only goes up to a $3,000 maximum balance!
|Synchrony Bank is offering one of the best competitive rates for their various CD terms. Synchrony Bank offers 3-Month CDs to 60-Months CDs from 0.25% APY to an impressive 2.35% APY! The minimum deposit to open an of the CD accounts is $2,000. Hurry and take advantage of these great CDs rates today! Apply Now--- Synchrony Bank CD Review|
|CIT Bank can help you build a savings plan that works for your schedule. Choose their CIT Bank Term CDs that offers the most competitive rate of such as the 1.32% APY on a 12-Month CD. There are a range of choices with low minimum deposits, and a selection of terms to meet your needs knowing that there are no account opening or maintenance fees, and you gain daily compounding interest to maximize your earning potential. Apply Now--- CIT Bank CD Review|
|EverBank is available across the US and EverBank's Yield Pledge CD work on your terms. With a high yield CD, of which many terms are available, you'll be locking in the earnings with a yield in the top 5% of Competitive Accounts at opening. You could have a chance to earn a competitive rate of 2.25% APY on a 60-month CD term. Apply Now--- Everbank CD Review|
Navy FCU CD Information:
- Apply Now
- Account Type: Share certificates (CDs)
- Availability: Nationwide
- Credit Inquiry: Hard Pull via TransUnion
- Minimum Balance Requirement: $1000
- Additional Requirements: Must be a military affiliate (see how to become a member below).
- Early Withdrawal Fee: A penalty may be imposed if you make a withdrawal of principal prior to the maturity date.
- Auto-Renewal: Unknown
Navy FCU CD Terms:
This list is for the minimum deposit of $1k, check out how to earn up to 2.05% APY on higher deposits here.
- 0.50% APY for a 3-Month CD
- 0.55% APY for a 3-Month CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 0.70% APY for a 6-Month CD
- 0.75% APY for a 6-Month CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 0.80% APY for a 9-Month CD
- 0.85% APY for a 9-Month CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 1.25% APY for a 12-Month CD
- 1.30% APY for a 12-Month CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 1.40% APY for a 18-Month CD
- 1.45% APY for a 18-Month CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 1.55% APY for a 24-Month CD
- 1.60% APY for a 24-Month CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 1.65% APY for a 3-Year CD
- 1.70% APY for a 3-Year CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 1.80% APY for a 4-Year CD
- 1.85% APY for a 4-Year CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 2.00% APY for a 5-Year CD
- 2.05% APY for a 5-Year CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 2.05% APY for a 6-Year CD
- 2.10% APY for a 6-Year CD ($100,000 minimum)
- 2.10% APY for a 7-Year CD
- 2.15% APY for a 7-Year CD ($100,000 minimum)
Why You Should Apply for This Account:
Known Nationwide: Navy Federal Credit Union is considered to be the largest credit union in the world. Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Navy Federal has grown from its initial seven members in 1933, to over 6.7 million members and assets in excess of $78 billion.
Has an overall health grade of “A” at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 5.59% (excellent) based on September 30, 2016 data. In the past year, Navy Fed has increased its total deposits by $6.74 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 14.09%.
Competitive Rate: At 1.60% APY, the 24-Month CD account earns at one of the highest rates in the country for a short term CD. At 2.15% APY, the 7-year CD account earns at one of the highest rates in the country for a long term CD. Furthermore, APY is an annualized rate that reflects estimated dividend earnings based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding and dividends compounded daily, credited monthly.
Receive Guaranteed Earnings: As long as you keep your account open for the entire term length, you will earn at a competitive, steady interest rate that does not change.
NCUA Insured: You can feel confident in the bank knowing that your funds are insured up to the maximum amount of $250,000.
How to Become a Member:
As stated on the official website you must be affiliated in any way with the Armed Forces, DoD, Coast Guard or National Guard in order to qualify as a Navy FCU member. However, if you looking for another way to qualify, you can join the San Diego Council of the navy League because anyone can join the league! Through multiple confirmations from commentators, they have been able to become a member of Navy FCU through this route. Here are the steps to joining:
- Visit the Navy League membership page to join the San Diego Council of the Navy League.
- Click on the “join/renew” button to begin the online application. Make sure to enter “San Diego” in the “preferred council” box! Minimum membership is $25 for E-membership.
- Once you’ve gotten confirmation of your San Diego Council of the Navy League membership, provide proof when applying to become a Navy Federal Credit Union member.
- Complete the Navy FCU paper application here, instead of the online application.
- Email or fax all the appropriate application(s) and documentation to: Fax number 1-703-206-4600 and/or email address MembershipDocs@navyfederal.org.
- To expedite the application process, call Navy Fedederal Credit Union. Once the accounts are opened, you can make your first deposit by phone.
It’s easy to sign up for Navy Federal Credit Union online CD account, and it’s easy to convert your earnings into cash – interest can be deposited directly into another account. At a competitive rate of 1.30% APY for a 12 month CD. Remember there are no maintenance fees with their CDs but you’ll have to deposit at least $10,000 to get the account started. If you are trying to earn interest on a competitive CD rate, get started today on your online application for Navy Federal Credit Union. If you want to check out other offers, take a look at the list of the Best CD Rates in the country!
Disclaimer: Rates / APY terms above are current as of the date indicated. These quotes are from banks, credit unions and thrifts. Bank, thrift and credit union deposits are insured by the FDIC or NCUA. Contact the bank for the terms and conditions that may apply to you. Rates are subject to change without notice and may not be the same at all branches.
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers the chance to earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. You can earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening. Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide. Your points go far since you get 20% off travel when redeemed thru Ultimate Rewards. All Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders enjoy travel benefits and a direct access to a live adviser 24 hours a day. No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel. There is an introductory annual fee of $0 the first year, then $95. Apply Now---Chase Sapphire Preferred Review|