I’ve been writing about bank account promotions for the past 10 years from $10 to $1,000 bonus and everything in between. Some bank promotions are superb and some are designed with “gotchas” and fees that may not be worth your time. Below I’ll update my favorite checking and savings account promotions each month on all the best features along with a detailed review so you can make an inform decision before signing up.
Editor’s Top Ten Bank Account Promotions
- Discover Bank’s Online Savings Account is offering $100 Bonus with offer code HMB217 along with 0.95% APY – one of the highest rates online! To earn the $100 bonus, you must apply through HustlerMoneyBlog.com by 05/31/2017 and make a minimum deposit of $15,000 by 06/15/2017. As with any online bank, Discover is able to avoid overhead costs of a physical branch, thus saving money and offering you a higher savings rate. Your money FDIC-insured up to $250K and you’ll earn over 5X the National Savings Average with a low $500 minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance or monthly maintenance fees! Apply Now—Discover Bank Online Savings Review
- CIT Bank – Earn up to $200 Cash Bonus when you open a new High Yield Savings Account at CIT Bank by April 28, 2017. To earn a $95 bonus, you must make an initial deposit of $25,000 or more and maintain an average monthly balance of $25,000 for 3 monthly statement cycles. Deposit $150,000 and maintain that for 3 monthly statement cycles and you’ll receive a $200 bonus. Apply Now—CIT Bank Review
- You can now open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM online or in-branch and get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking(SM) account and set up direct deposit. Unlike other Chase coupons, you can apply online directly. The Chase Premier Checking account comes with free Chase Debit Card, free Online Banking and Online Bill Pay, free Mobile Banking, free Account Alerts, and access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,200 branches. Apply Now—Chase Premier Plus Checking Review
Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase Savings(SM) account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. From innovative features to trusted service, Chase gives you the opportunity to do more with products such as Chase QuickDepositSM. Learn More—Chase Checking & Savings Review
- Available for residents of CT, DC, DE, FL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT, you can now open a TD Bank Premier Checking online and get $300 when you open a new TD Bank Premier Checking account and set up direct deposit. The TD Bank Premier Checking account comes with free Online Banking and Online Bill Pay, free Mobile Banking, free Account Alerts, and free access to 1,300 TD Bank ATMs & branches. Apply Now—TD Bank Premier Checking Review
TD Bank Convenience Checking – Earn $150 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Convenience Checking account and set up direct deposit. You will receive free online notices and statement with check images, easy person-to-person, and internal/external transfers. Apply Now—TD Bank Convenience Checking Review
- Huntington Bank $200 Cash Bonus: Available for residents of IN, KY, MI, OH, PA, & WV only. To get your $200 bonus, open a Huntington 5 Checking account and make deposits of at least $1,000 into your new checking account within 60 days of account opening. The $200 will be deposited into your new checking account within 14 days of meeting the requirements. For residents of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and West Virginia. Apply Now—Huntington 5 Checking Review
Huntington Bank $150 Cash Bonus: Earn a $150 bonus by opening a new Asterisk-Free Checking account and make at least $1,000 in deposits within 60 days of account opening. The account comes with no monthly checking maintenance fee, no monthly debit card fee and no minimum balance fee. Apply Now—Huntington Asterisk Free Checking Review
- Huntington Bank $500 Cash Bonus: Earn $500 bonus by opening Huntington’s Fast Track Business Checking account and make at least $5,000 in deposits within 60 days of account opening. The Fast Track Business Checking account is designed for businesses that are growing that has 300 or fewer monthly transactions and average balance of at least $5,000. Apply Now—Huntington Fast Track Business Checking Review
Huntington Bank $300 Cash Bonus: Get $300 bonus by opening a Huntington Community Business Checking account and deposit at least $2,000 within the first 60 days. The Community Business Checking account is designed for simple banking for businesses that have 150 or fewer monthly transactions and average balances less than $5,000. Apply Now—Huntington Community Business Checking Review
- Available nationwide, Northpointe Bank offers a $50 bonus with 5.00% APY on balances up to $5,000 when you open an UltimateAccount with $100 initial funding. At the promo page, click on “Open Account”, then for “How did you hear about us?” select “Hustler Money Blog” and enter promo code HMB. Additional features include 24/7 access to online banking, mobile banking, and bill pay. You’ll also receive up to $10 a month in ATM fees and $3 a month in person-to-person payment fees. Apply Now—Northpointe UltimateAccount Review
- Available online nationwide, you can open Capital One 360 for their Checking and Savings to earn a $50 Bonus plus refer your friends and family to earn up to & $1,000 in Referrals Money. It’s a soft credit pull which means it doesn’t affect your credit. There is no Direct Deposit required for your bonus. The Capital One 360 account is a solid option for those looking for an online-only banking solution. Neither the Checking or Savings offer requires direct deposit, and both accounts earn interest. It’s fun referring friends and family and seeing your account grow bit by bit on its own with the referral bonuses. Apply Now—Capital One 360 Review
- For residents of AL, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, VA, WI, & WV, PNC Bank is offering you a chance to earn a $300 bonus when you open up a new checking account by February 28, 2017. To be eligible for this bonus, simply open a new PNC Virtual Wallet with Performance Select Checking Account, set up a direct deposit, and make at least 10 debit card purchases. Sign up today! To see the current promotions, we have a full list of offers ranging from $50 to $300 bonuses on our Apply Now — PNC Bank Review.
- BMO Harris Bank is offering $200 personal checking account bonus when you open an account by February 28, 2017 and set up a direct deposit of at least $300. This promotion is an in-branch application only. With your application you’ll experience a soft pull inquiry which does not affect your credit score! BMO Harris has more than 600 branches throughout Illinois, Indiana, Arizona, Missouri, Minnesota, Kansas, Nevada, Florida, Washington, and Wisconsin. Apply Now — BMO Harris Bank Review.
- Available in AL, AR, DC, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, and WV, SunTrust Bank is offering a $300 Personal Checking Bonus good through March 30, 2017. There is only a soft credit pull which doesn’t affect your credit, however you do need a direct deposit for your bonus. There are 3 account options with different bonus offers up to a $300 Checking account bonus with a new SunTrust Personal Checking account. Choose an Essential Checking account will earn a $100 bonus OR a Select Checking account will earn a $200 bonus OR a Signature Advantage account will earn a $300 bonus. You’ll need to deposit at least $100 within 14 days of account opening, complete at least $500 in Direct Deposits within 60 days of account opening, and make at least 10 debit card purchases within 60 days of account opening. Apply Now — Suntrust Bank Review.
- Available in CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, MA, MD, NJ, NV, NY, PA, SD, TX, VA, Citibank is offering a $300 Checking Account Bonus good through March 31, 2017. They will only do a soft credit pull which does not affect your credit, but there is a direct deposit requirement for the bonus. To earn the $300 cash bonus, open a new eligible personal Checking account in The Citibank Account Package before the expiration date. Within 45 days after account opening, you must complete the following: Complete 1 qualifying Direct Deposit to your new checking account or make 1 or more qualifying purchase transactions with your Citibank Debit Card totaling $250 or more, Make a qualifying deposit of $15,000 or more in new to Citibank funds into the new checking account or a new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account and maintain a minimum balance of $15,000 for 30 consecutive calendar days following the date you made your qualifying deposit. To waive the $25 monthly fee, you must have have $10,000 in combined average monthly balances in eligible linked accounts.
It’s important to learn all important details when opening a bank account such as Hard Pull or Soft Pull, what count as direct deposit, or credit card funding. At HustlerMoneyBlog, we strive to provide you the latest information on all bank deals and promotions. If you find another bank bonus we don’t know about, feel free to comment on any bank review pages to let us know!
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers the chance to earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. You can earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening. Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide. Your points go far since you get 20% off travel when redeemed thru Ultimate Rewards. All Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders enjoy travel benefits and a direct access to a live adviser 24 hours a day. No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel. There is an introductory annual fee of $0 the first year, then $95. Apply Now---Chase Sapphire Preferred Review|