Looking for a simple bank for a no-frills checking and savings account? While you won’t find the best interest rates, you’ll enjoy 24/7 customer service and get a wide variety of benefits when opening an account. See if FirstBank is right for you.
They offer a wide array of online banking accounts from a Health Savings Account to a Money Market Account. Keep track of your account with online and mobile banking and free your debit card if you see any suspicious activity. Read on if you’re interested!
|HSBC Advance checking account: Earn $350 Welcome Deposit for eligible new customers who open an HSBC Advance Checking Account with qualifying activities. To earn the bonus, open your new HSBC Advance checking account online, deposit a minimum qualifying balance of $10,000 or more in new money, & maintain at least the minimum qualifying balance for 90 calendar days. Member FDIC Terms|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB519 by June 3, 2019 along with high interest rate of 2.10% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K by June 17, 2019 to earn the $200 Bonus. No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details. Apply Now---Discover Savings Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking: Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington 5 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 5 Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
Apply Now---Huntington 5 Checking Review
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Additionally you can earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Apply Now---Chase Checking & Savings Review|
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Savings Account Options
- 3 Reasons To Bank with FirstBank
- 4 Reasons Not To Bank with FirstBank
- 5 FirstBank Routing Number
- 6 Contact Customer Service
- 7 How FirstBank Compares
- 8 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
With each FirstBank checking account option, it includes online and mobile banking.
This account requires no minimum balance and no monthly fee. Easily manage your money via the mobile app.
Anywhere Account with eSave
This account is a combination of a checking and savings account and includes the FirstBank Visa Debit Card. Enjoy the ability to set up automatic deposits into your savings account every time you use your Visa debit card or pay a bill.
Money Market Checking
This account requires $500 to open & there is a $500 minimum balance requirements to meet. You’ll earn a higher interest rate.
Have at least $2,500 in your checking account or receive a monthly deposit of at least $1,000 to get the fee waived. You’ll earn interest on your money and the standard annual fee for the FirstBank Visa debit card is waived.
Customers 55 or older can enjoy no monthly fees. In order to keep your interest, you must keep a daily balance of $500 or more.
Savings Account Options
FirstBank offers a wide selection of savings accounts. Enjoy accounts with a variety of ways to waive the monthly fees.
Keep a $100 daily minimum balance to earn interest and waive the service fee.
Money Market Savings
Keep a $1,000 average daily balance to earn “money market interest rates” and avoid the monthly fees.
Liquid Asset Savings
This account is great for those who need to put away a large amount of cash while earning interests. They offer higher interest rates but you must meet the $20,000 average daily balance to avoid the monthly service charge.
The account will need a $100 minimum balance and lets you tie up your money for 91 days to 2 years to earn interest. You can make deposits during you term and it will not affect your maturity date.
You’ll need a minimum of $500 for this Time Deposit account, which you cannot continually add to – you leave your money for the specified term and earn a fixed rate of interest. The terms range from 91 days to 5 years.
Premier Time Deposits
This account requires at least a $10,000 balance, but offers a higher interest rate with terms from 91 days to 5 years. This is another single deposit timed account, but with larger minimum balance requirements. This account doesn’t have a service charge.
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get a $750 Welcome Deposit for eligible new customers who open an HSBC Premier Checking Account with qualifying activities. To earn the bonus, open your new HSBC Premier checking account online, deposit a minimum qualifying balance of $100,000 or more in new money, & maintain at least the minimum qualifying balance for 90 calendar days. Member FDIC Terms|
|TD Bank Checking Bonus: Earn $300 with the Beyond Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $2,500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. Earn $150 with the Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account.
Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. The account comes with free Chase Debit Card, Mobile Check Deposit, Banker guidance, Text banking and QuickPay with Zelle. Get Coupon---Chase College Checking Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM – Earn $300 bonus when you open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit. The Chase Premier Checking account comes with free Chase Debit Card, free Online Banking and Online Bill Pay, free Mobile Banking, free Account Alerts, and free access to 16,000 Chase ATMs & nearly 5,000 branches. Apply Now---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review|
Reasons To Bank with FirstBank
- Enjoy online banking and do many of the standard banking tasks from home. You can pay bills, set up account alerts, and view your statements, all in the online portal.
- The FirstBank Mobile app allows you to do many of the same transactions you can do online, but while on the go. You can also take advantage of the mobile deposit option, which allows you to deposit your checks just by taking a picture of them and following the steps in the mobile app.
- Open a Health Savings Account if you have a High Deductible Health Insurance Plan, the HSA can help you cover your out-of-pocket expenses with tax advantages. There is no minimum balance required, but you will pay an annual fee for the account.
- Open a Smart Choice College Savings Plan. Otherwise known as a 529 plan, you don’t need a minimum balance and you won’t pay a monthly service fee. You can opt for a money market savings account or a 1-year timed deposit to earn the most interest on your money to help you pay for college.
- Get IRA accounts to help you save for retirement. They offer a variety of accounts for both traditional and Roth IRA options.
- Open many of the FirstBank deposit accounts online. I
- Customer service representatives are available 24/7. You can call 1-800-964-3444 any time of day or night to get answers to your important banking questions.
- You can view your account balances in the mobile app without logging into it, in case you’re in a hurry and just want to see your account balance before you go shopping or pay a bill. You can also see a quick summary of any upcoming bills so that you can make good financial decisions.
- Freeze your Visa Debit card in the mobile app. If you think your card was lost or stolen, simply set your card management to freeze the account. Once you find your card, you can unfreeze it. If you don’t find it and think it’s been stolen, you can also report it stolen in the app.
- You can set up automatic payments to set your bills up. This way, you can avoid paying your bills late, even with the reminders that FirstBank’s mobile app can send. The bills are paid on the debt you request, requiring you to set the payment up once and forget it.
Reasons Not To Bank with FirstBank
- FirstBank charges for the FirstBank Visa Debit card. The Visa Debit card that comes with many of FirstBank’s accounts carries a $10 annual charge per card. Many other banks offer the card free of charge.
- FirstBank is located in just 3 states.
- FirstBank charges customers for Overdraft Protection. It’s a nominal annual fee, but many other banks offer the service free of charge. They usually charge per transfer, which is standard for most banks, FirstBank included, but the additional annual charge adds to your costs and may be unnecessary.
FirstBank Routing Number
The main routing number is 107005047. To find find this routing number, you can simply check the bottom left corner of your checks – check to see if this number differs.
Contact Customer Service
Reach First Tennessee Customer Service at 1-800-964-3444. Reps are available 24/7, 7 days a week.
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking: Earn a $150 bonus when opening a Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking account by June 30, 2019 and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening. $150 will be deposited into your Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. Apply Now---Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking Review|
|Chase SapphireSMChecking: Enjoy 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards bonus points when you join SapphireSM Banking. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $75,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days.
Apply Now---Chase Sapphire Checking Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy a $1,250 bonus when you join Chase Private Client. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days. Apply Now---Chase Private Client Review|
|Chase SavingsSM: Earn $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. You can link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection. You'll have access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 5,000 branches. Apply Now---Chase Savings Review|
How FirstBank Compares
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- US Bank: They have approximately 5,000 ATMs locations throughout 25 states. Enjoy 24/7 customer service and mobile banking.
- Banco Popular: They offer basic checking and savings accounts in the East coast. They had options for students in high school and college.
Choosing a bank that best suits your needs is a crucial decision. You’ll essentially be investing time and money into these banks and will probably bank with them for a number of years. It’s very important to keep in mind the potential fees that may incur and how to avoid them if possible.
If FirstBank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! If you’re interested in banking with FirstBank, see our list of the latest FirstBank bank bonuses! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
|Chase Total Business Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Business Checking® account and deposit $1,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain that balance for 60 days, and complete 5 qualifying transactions within 60 days. Chase offers financial products and services that let you bank when and how you want. Get Coupon---Chase Business Checking Review|
|Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking: Earn $500 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $20,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $500 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. This account is for larger businesses with high monthly transaction volume and treasury management needs.
Apply Now---Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking Review
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking: Earn $400 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $400 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. This account is for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
Apply Now---Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Review
|Huntington Business Checking 100: Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington Business 100 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $2,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. This account is ideal for start-ups and small businesses with lower balances and checking activity.
Apply Now---Huntington Business Checking 100 Review