For residents of Indiana and Michigan, Horizon Bank is offering a $300 bonus when you open a qualifying checking account in branch good through November 30, 2018. To earn the initial $200, you must have a reoccurring direct deposit of at least $100 per month and make 10 debit card transactions within 60 days. Then to earn an additional $100 you must register for online banking. Once the requirements are met you will receive the bonus within 30 days.
If you are interested and qualify, make sure to take advantage of this offer and sign up today! Plus, be sure to check out other banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Credit goes to Christina for letting us know about this bank promotion. If you’d like to participate in our Rewards Program, simply contact us when you find a new bank promotion and get paid up to $15!
Editor’s Note: So far, we received feedback from our reader that Noblesville & Carmel Branches in Indiana and Grand Rapids Michigan Branch are all offering this promotion via in-branch fliers.
|BMO Harris PremierTM Checking: Earn $350 cash bonus when you open a new PremierTM Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Premier Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking: Earn up to $600 bonus when you open a new U.S. Bank SmartlyTM checking account and complete qualifying activities. Subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through April 11, 2023. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB223 by 06/15/2023 along with a competitive interest rate of 3.60% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy up to $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Get more from a personalized relationship when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Learn More---Chase Private Client Review|
Horizon Bank $300 Bonus Info:
- Horizon Bank Link
- Horizon Bank Promotion PDF Printout
- Account Type: Basic Checking, 55+ Checking, Interest Checking, Student Checking, Fresh Start Checking
- Availability: IN, MI (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: 11/30/2018
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Opening Deposit: None
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes
- Monthly Fee: $0- $8, see below on how to avoid the fees.
- Additional Requirements: You must meet the requirements within 60 days.
- Household Limit: 1
- Closing Account Fee: None listed
What Triggers Direct Deposit? Alternative Methods
Many bank bonuses require you to make real direct deposit from your job to receive the sign up bonus. However, switching to your real paycheck can be frustrating and time consuming. You can find alternative methods below which many readers have reported to trigger direct deposit to receive the sign up bonus. Simply set up ACH transfers from these institutions to trigger direct deposit. Again, Your Mileage May Vary(YMMV). Please help us with your experience if you find a different method or to confirm a current method for direct deposit in the comments section below.
How To Earn Horizon Bank $300 Bonus:
- Open a Basic Checking, 55+ Checking, Interest Checking, Student Checking, or Fresh Start Checking account in branch from Horizon Bank by November 30, 2018.
- Earn the initial $200 when you have a reoccurring direct deposit of at least $100 and make 10 debit card transactions within 60 days.
- To earn an additional $100 you must register for online banking.
- Once the requirements are met you will receive the bonus within 30 days.
How to Avoid Monthly Fees:
- Basic Checking: Avoid the $5 fee if you maintain a minimum balance of at least $1,000, have direct deposit, or set up e-statements.
- 55+ Checking: There are no fees if you are over the age of 55.
- Interest Checking: Avoid the $8 fee if you have a minimum balance of $2,500.
- Student Checking: There are no monthly fees.
- Fresh Start Checking: The $5 fee is unavoidable.
Make sure you check out Horizon Bank to learn more about the $300 bonus promotion. Don’t forget, the $300 bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Feel free comment below and let us know about how it went and if you could fund your account with credit card or not. We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide. If you would like to see more, check out our full list of Bank Promotions for all your banking needs.
See our most popular Bank Promotions to earn high cash bonuses!
- Huntington 5 Checking Promotion: $200 Bonus
- Discover Savings Account Bonus: $200 or $150 Bonus
- HSBC Bank Advance Checking Promotion: $350 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking Promotion: $750 Bonus
- Chase Premier Plus Checking Review: $300 Bonus Coupon
- Chase Bank Total Checking Review: $200 Bonus Promotion
- Chase Savings Promotion: $150 Bonus
- Chase College Checking Review: $100 Bonus Coupon Promotion
- Chase Coupons $200, $300, $350, $500 Bonus Promotions Checking & Savings Account
- TD Bank Premier Checking Promotion: $300 Bonus
- TD Bank Convenience Checking Promotion: $150 Bonus
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.24% - 27.99%.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
Well crap. I got a call asking about other recently opened accounts and now it says my online account access is denied. I guess this means they are indeed Chex sensitive. Tread carefully on this one!
I called them today. Yep, closing the account, definitely tread carefully.
Pretty sure it was a soft pull. Definitely not Chex sensitive even though it was part of the application. Might want to add MI back on the main page if you haven’t already.
It is only good at the Noblesville and Carmel, IN locations
Grand Rapids Michigan Branch also has the bonus (fliers in the branch). I drove an hour, opened the account no problem. No cc funding (counts as cash advance). I am setting up 2 employer DD’s of $100 each to make it “recurring.”
Vicky Huang says
Thanks for letting us know Brian. We have updated our review accordingly.
Grand Rapids one expires June 30th…