Are you looking for a travel related credit card? The Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card is a great card for all things related to Alaska Airlines travel. It’s the perfect card for businesses that fly with Alaska Airlines often.
It offer you a chance to earn an easy sign-up bonus of earning 40,000 bonus miles and a discounted companion fare after you making at least $2,000 in net purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening.
Along with this bonus comes with perks such as earning up to 3X points for every dollar spent on travel directly with Alaska Airlines and Virgin America and 1X points on every other dollar you spend. There is no foreign transaction fees but there is an annual fee of $50. If you would like to get some more information over this business card, feel free to read more about it below!
* The Bank Of America Alaska Airlines Business Card issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card Summary
|Departure||Earn 40,000 bonus miles plus Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare after you make at least $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit but you get Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare every year.|
|Ongoing Rewards/ Benefits||3 miles for every $1 spent directly on Alaska Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
Free checked bag on Alaska flights for you & up to 6 travel companions.
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
|Annual Fee||$50 per company, $25 per card|
- Bonus miles
- Companion fare
- Free checked bag
- Partner airlines
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee
What Are Mileage Plan Miles Worth?
Your miles’ worth depends on how you use them. On average, each Mileage Plan mile is worth $0.018. That’s a great value considering the average across different rewards cards is just $0.01 per point. You can redeem your Mileage Plan miles for:
- Flights. Over 900 worldwide destinations with Alaska and its global partners (more on that below).
- Hotel stays. Over 400,000 properties worldwide. Pay for your entire stay with miles, or use a combination of miles and cash.
- Money & Miles discounts. Pay a portion of your ticket with your miles. 10,000 miles gets you a $100 discount off the base fare.
- First Class upgrades. 15,000 miles gets you a seat upgrade to First Class.
- Magazines & newspaper subscriptions. Choose from top publications. Offer provided by MagsforMiles.
- Donations. Program partners include Make-A-Wish, Hero Miles, The Nature Conservancy and disaster relief organizations.
To maximize the value of your miles, use them for flights. But booking your award ticket is a bit complicated. Keep in mind the following:
- Can’t combine more than one airline partner on a single itinerary.
- Every partner has its own award chart and restrictions.
- Limited available partner award flights.
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Partners:
- Aer Lingus
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- EL AL Israel Airlines
- Fiji Airways
- Hainan Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- LATAM Airlines
- Ravn Alaska
- Singapore Airlines
Why You Should Apply For This Card
- Cash Flow Management Tools. Manage your business with a suite of online services including automatic payments, transfers, downloading transactions into QuickBooks and tracking it all in the MyReport Center.
- Travel and Emergency Services. Travel services your business needs including $1 million in travel accident insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip cancellation coverage, and trip delay reimbursement.
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Alaska Airlines Business Card Top Features
Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare program is an incredible benefit of this Alaska Airlines card. You’ll get 1 companion certificate as an introductory bonus, and another one each year as an annual benefit.
You, and up to six people traveling on the same itinerary, get one free checked bag each. You’ll be able to use this benefit whenever you fly Alaska Airlines or any one of its partners. Even if you didn’t book your travel directly through Alaska Airlines.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees. This would otherwise cost you a typical 2.7-3% per transaction.
|Chase Total Business Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Business Checking® account and deposit $1,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain that balance for 60 days, and complete 5 qualifying transactions within 60 days. Chase offers financial products and services that let you bank when and how you want. Get Coupon---Chase Business Checking Review|
|Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking: Earn $500 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $20,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $500 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. This account is for larger businesses with high monthly transaction volume.
Apply Now---Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking Review
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking: Earn $400 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $400 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. This account is for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
Apply Now---Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Review
|Huntington Business Checking 100: Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington Business 100 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $2,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days. This account is ideal for start-ups and small businesses with lower balances and checking activity.
Apply Now---Huntington Business Checking 100 Review
If you are a fan of flying with Alaska Airlines, consider the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card as your go to business credit card. Book and send your business on a trip via Alaska Airlines and start earning rewards back. There is a 40,000 bonus miles and a discounted companion fare after you making at least $2,000 in net purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening.
You could also earn up to 3x points for every dollar spent on travel directly with Alaska Airlines and Virgin America and 1x point per dollar on all other purchases. If you’re interested in what more Bank Of America has to offer, see our list of the Best Bank of America Promotions! For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
(Visit Bank of America for more details about this card.)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
For More Flexibility
The Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card and the Capital One Spark Miles for Business both have a slightly higher annual fee, but both cards have a nice sign-up bonus and earn rewards that aren’t tied to any airline or hotel.
With the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business:
• Earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase
• Plus, a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
• There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn
• Redeem miles for travel, cash back, gift cards and more
• No foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
Alternative Airline Credit Cards
Interested in other popular co-branded airline rewards credit cards? Two to look into are the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card and the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express.
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta.
• Earn one mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
• Check your first bag free on Delta flights – that’s a savings of up to $240 per round trip for a family of four.
• Settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account (Cashback Match)||$360 Cash||Review|
|Citibank Account Package||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|