Are you looking for a travel related credit card? The Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card is a great card for all things related to Alaska Airlines travel. It’s the perfect card for businesses that fly with Alaska Airlines often.
It offer you a chance to earn an easy sign-up bonus of earning 60,000 bonus miles and a discounted companion fare after you making at least $3,000 in net purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening.
Along with this bonus comes with perks such as earning up to 3X points for every dollar spent on travel directly with Alaska Airlines and Virgin America and 1X points on every other dollar you spend. There is no foreign transaction fees but there is an annual fee of $50. If you would like to get some more information over this business card, feel free to read more about it below!
|Chase Sapphire Preferred Card 100K Points*||Citi Premier® Card 80K Points*
|The Platinum Card® from American Express 100K Points*||Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card 60K Points*|
|American Express® Gold Card 60K Points*||Citi CustomSM Cash Card $200 Bonus*|
|Chase Freedom Flex $200 Bonus*||Chase Freedom Unlimited Card $200 Bonus*|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express $150 Bonus*||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $100 Bonus*|
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card 100K Points*||Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card $750 Bonus*|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card $200 Bonus*||Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card $200 Bonus*|
|Wells Fargo Platinum card 18 Months of 0% BT & Purchases||*Must make minimum spending requirement to earn bonus|
* The Bank Of America Alaska Airlines Business Card issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 60,000 bonus miles plus Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare after you make at least $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit but you get Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare every year.|
|Ongoing Rewards/ Benefits||3 miles for every $1 spent directly on Alaska Airlines purchases
1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Free checked bag on Alaska flights for you & up to 6 travel companions.
|Airport Lounge Access||Not available|
|Annual Fee||$50 per company, $25 per card|
(Visit Bank of America for more details about this card.)
What Are Mileage Plan Miles Worth?
Your miles’ worth depends on how you use them. On average, each Mileage Plan mile is worth $0.018. That’s a great value considering the average across different rewards cards is just $0.01 per point. You can redeem your Mileage Plan miles for:
- Flights. Over 900 worldwide destinations with Alaska and its global partners (more on that below).
- Hotel stays. Over 400,000 properties worldwide. Pay for your entire stay with miles, or use a combination of miles and cash.
- Money & Miles discounts. Pay a portion of your ticket with your miles. 10,000 miles gets you a $100 discount off the base fare.
- First Class upgrades. 15,000 miles gets you a seat upgrade to First Class.
- Magazines & newspaper subscriptions. Choose from top publications. Offer provided by MagsforMiles.
- Donations. Program partners include Make-A-Wish, Hero Miles, The Nature Conservancy and disaster relief organizations.
To maximize the value of your miles, use them for flights. But booking your award ticket is a bit complicated. Keep in mind the following:
- Can’t combine more than one airline partner on a single itinerary.
- Every partner has its own award chart and restrictions.
- Limited available partner award flights.
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Partners:
- Aer Lingus
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- EL AL Israel Airlines
- Fiji Airways
- Hainan Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- LATAM Airlines
- Ravn Alaska
- Singapore Airlines
Why You Should Apply For This Card
- Cash Flow Management Tools. Manage your business with a suite of online services including automatic payments, transfers, downloading transactions into QuickBooks and tracking it all in the MyReport Center.
- Travel and Emergency Services. Travel services your business needs including $1 million in travel accident insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip cancellation coverage, and trip delay reimbursement.
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier's message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier's coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Alaska Airlines Business Card Top Features
Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare program is an incredible benefit of this Alaska Airlines card. You’ll get 1 companion certificate as an introductory bonus, and another one each year as an annual benefit.
You, and up to six people traveling on the same itinerary, get one free checked bag each. You’ll be able to use this benefit whenever you fly Alaska Airlines or any one of its partners. Even if you didn’t book your travel directly through Alaska Airlines.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees. This would otherwise cost you a typical 2.7-3% per transaction.
If you are a fan of flying with Alaska Airlines, consider the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card as your go to business credit card. Book and send your business on a trip via Alaska Airlines and start earning rewards back.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.