For the frequent flyers searching for a credit card that will best benefit them, definitely consider signing up for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Credit Card. It offer several perks that Alaska Air travelers will love!
This card offers 40,000 bonus miles as well as Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare after you make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening!
Along with this, you could earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on Alaska Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases. If you’re interested in what more the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Credit Card has to offer, see below!
*The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card is issued by Bank of America. BoA also has great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Buy 1 ticket, get 1 for just the taxes and fees with Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare Offer.
Get 40,000 bonus miles after you make at least $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening.
|Travel Credit||No travel credit but you get Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare every year.|
3 miles for every $1 spent directly on Alaska Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
Free checked bag on Alaska flights for you & up to 6 others on the same reservation.
20% back on all Alaska Airlines inflight purchases.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||50% off day passes at Alaska Lounge.|
- Bonus miles
- Companion fare
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free checked bag
- Option to redeem with partner airlines
- Has an annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Rewards aren’t particularly easy to use
40,000 Bonus Miles & Companion Fare Offer
One of the best benefits of the Alaska Airlines Visa card is that you don’t have to travel alone. Every year, you can bring that special someone on a trip with you.
Get Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare every year. That’s right, EACH YEAR on your account anniversary get a companion fare from $121 ($99 plus taxes and fees from $22). Valid on all Alaska flights booked on alaskaair.com with no blackout dates. This card perk makes it well worth the $75 annual fee.
On top of the Companion Fare perk, you can also take advantage of the 40,000 sign-up bonus miles offer. You’ll need to make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening to earn the bonus.
What Are Alaska Airlines Miles Worth?
As with many airline branded credit cards, the value of your miles can vary greatly. It all depends on how you use your miles. On average, we value each Alaska Airlines mile at around $0.018. Using this valuation, 40,000 miles would be worth around $720.
You can redeem your miles towards Alaska Airlines flights, or with one of their many partners (see below for the list). The timing of your booking, your airline choice, and your destination all play a part in how the value of your miles will vary.
For motivated value seekers, this process can be worthwhile. If this sounds like a headache to you, you may be much better off with a general travel rewards credit card (we’ve got suggestions below).
Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Card Benefits
You might think that Alaska Airlines’ credit card isn’t worth it because you’re not in an area like Seattle or Portland where Alaska Airlines has a big presence. When you add in Alaska’s partners, however, the world opens up to you.
There are more than 15+ Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan partners, allowing you to use or earn Mileage Plan miles for traveling to over 900 worldwide destinations. See them below (check alaskaair.com for the most up-to-date listing):
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Partners
- Aer Lingus
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- EL AL Israel Airlines
- Fiji Airways
- Hainan Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Korean Air
- LATAM Airlines
- Ravn Alaska
- Singapore Airlines
It may take you longer to earn rewards for international travel, but with the Alaska Airlines Visa, your miles never expire.
The Alaska Airlines Visa card gives you 50% off day passes at the Alaska Lounge.
You’ll also get 20% back on all Alaska Airlines inflight purchases when you pay with your card.
How much have you spent on checked bags on your recent trips? At an average of $25 a pop, that can add up.
When you fly Alaska Airlines, your baggage fees (and the fees of up to 6 people in your party) are waived.
You don’t want to be concerned with how much you’ll get hit with foreign transaction fees when you make a purchase abroad. There are no fees for foreign transactions with this card.
Frequent Alaska Air flyers, The Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Credit Card is the perfect option for you. Travelers are able to maximize their travels with this simple card. The 30,000 bonus miles as well as Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare after you make $2,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
On top of that, start earning 3 miles for every $1 spent on Alaska Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases. For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
What’s The Competition?
Looking For More Flexibility?
If you’d rather not be tied to using rewards for Alaska Airlines and its partners, consider a general travel rewards card. The Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card are a few that are usually recommended.
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
With the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
• Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
• Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
Looking For Other Airlines Cards?
Two highly rated airline cards include the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase and the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express.
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta.
• Earn one mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
• Check your first bag free on Delta flights – that’s a savings of up to $240 per round trip for a family of four.
• Settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|