Anyone who wants more than a basic checking account should consider the BBVA Compass ClearChoice Premium Checking account. With ClearChoice Premium Checking, you’ll have access to complimentary online banking, mobile banking, unlimited in-branch banking, and tiered interest rates. On top of that, BBVA will provide you with access to 44,000 BBVA Compass and Allpoint® ATMs across the U.S., free premium checks, and rebates for ATM fees charged by other banks. Open your account today with only $25 and you can take advantage of all these benefits. Find more of the latest offers from BBVA Compass on HMB’s list of BBVA Compass Promotions.
Table of Contents
BBVA ClearChoice Premium Checking Info:
- Sign up
- Account Type: Clear Choice Premium Checking
- Availability: Online account available nationwide except for AK and HI.
- Branches in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, NM & TX (Bank Locator)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull via TransUnion
- Opening Deposit: $25 Minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $300 (cannot be an Amex card)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Fee: $15 (can be waived)
- Additional Requirements: None
- Closing Account Fee: $25 if account closed within 180 days
Open ClearChoice Premium Checking:
- Anyone can open a BBVA Compass ClearChoice Premium Checking account online except for residents of AK and HI.
- If you want to open an account in-branch, you must live in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, or Texas.
- Before opening your account online, you will need the following:
- Personal Information (Social Security Number, Date-of-Birth, etc.)
- Driver’s License, State Issued-ID, or Passport
- Minimum $25 opening deposit from one of the following:
- Debit or Credit Card
- Other Bank Account (account and routing number)
- Transfer from an existing BBVA Compass account
- Fill out the application form with your personal information and agree to the terms of the account.
- Use an existing bank account or your credit/debit card to fund your new account.
- Review the application and confirm.
How to Avoid Monthly Fees:
You can avoid the $15 monthly fee if you meet any of the following requirements:
- Maintain an average daily collected balance of at least $5,000 in your BBVA Compass ClearChoice Premium Checking account
- Maintain a combined average daily collected balance of at least $5,000 in your BBVA Compass ClearChoice Premium Checking and BBVA Compass ClearChoice Money Market Account
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $7,500 in linked installment loan balances at BBVA Compass
- The primary account holder is enrolled in the BBVA Compass Premier Personal Banking Program and maintains Premier Personal Banking status.
- The primary account holder is a BBVA Compass Global Wealth Client
If you’re looking for a quality account with convenient online access, sign up for the BBVA Compass ClearChoice Premium Checking account. Once you sign up, you can easily manage your account through online banking, mobile banking, or unlimited in-branch banking. You’ll also have access to tiered interest rates that can help you grow your funds! Stay updated on every bank promotion with HMB’s list of the Best Bank Bonuses.
The Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card offers 100k bonus points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.