For residents of CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI and VT, Citizens Bank is offering a $200 bonus when you open a One Deposit Checking Account, available through January 24, 2019.
To earn the $200 bonus, you must make a single direct deposit of at least $500 post to your new checking account within 60 days of account opening. With the One Deposit Checking Account, you can enjoy features such as no minimum deposit, $5 overdraft pass, mobile banking, and more.
If you are interested and qualify, make sure to take advantage of this offer and sign up today! Check out all of the latest Citizens Bank bonuses located on the HMB master list of Citizens Bank Promotions. Also, be sure to check out this promotion as well as other banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Editor’s Note: This offer is only available if you sign up online through their website.
Let us know if you find a new bank bonus and get paid up to $15. See our Rewards Program for complete details!
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
Citizens Bank $200 Bonus Info:
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: One Deposit Checking
- Availability: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: 01/24/2019
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Opening Deposit: Any Amount
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $1,000, Visa and MasterCard only
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $500+
- Monthly Fee: $9.99, see below on how to avoid
- Additional Requirements: The Primary signer on the new checking account may not be or have been a primary or secondary signer on any personal checking account within the previous six months
- Household Limit: None listed
- Closing Account Fee: None listed
What Triggers Direct Deposit? Alternative Methods
Many bank bonuses require you to make real direct deposit from your job to receive the sign up bonus. However, switching to your real paycheck can be frustrating and time consuming. You can find alternative methods below which many readers have reported to trigger direct deposit to receive the sign up bonus. Simply set up ACH transfers from these institutions to trigger direct deposit. Again, Your Mileage May Vary(YMMV). Please help us with your experience if you find a different method or to confirm a current method for direct deposit in the comments section below.
- Capital One 360
- Charles Schwab
- Huntington Bank
- IRS refund
- Wells Fargo
How To Earn Citizens Bank $200 Bonus:
- Open a One Deposit Checking Account from Citizens Bank by January 24, 2019.
- Set up at least 1 single direct deposit of $500 or more that must post to your account within 60 days of account opening.
- The $200 Bonus will be deposited within 90 business days after the direct deposit has been posted
How to Avoid Monthly Fees:
- One Deposit Checking: Avoid the $9.99 monthly fee by having at least one deposit each statement period
Make sure you check out Citizens Bank to learn more about the $200 bonus promotion. Don’t forget, the $200 bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. What’s great about it is that the monthly fee is avoidable with any deposit amount. For those who are interested in earning a higher bonus amount, there is a $250 Checking Bonus Promotion available which you can check it out. As always, drop us a line below about your experience with this bank. We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide.
If you would like to see more, check out our full list of Bank Promotions for all your banking needs.
Check out these business bank checking bonuses:
I am still waiting for my bonus to be deposited to my account. I opened this one deposit account 6 months ago an started my direct deposit on December 12, 2019. No one at the bank can give you an answer. The on line messaging is useless. The phone service……. I am currently on hold for the last 45 minutes. Think this is what you want your bank to be like?
I want to know that whether transfer money from other bank will be regarded as direct deposit?
Thomas M Sullivan says
Don’t trust what they say Citizens Bank get everything in writing with a manager’s signature because they will lead you in the wrong direction say no it has to be an employer direct deposit no because all it says is one direct deposit I give them I’m not sure how many stars but it’s at the lower end
I was turned down for this $150 bonus. They say that if you have ever had an account with them that you do not qualify for this $150 bonus offer. Notice there is no promotional code and you apply on the non promotion regular checking account opening page. The system determines if you ever had a checking account with them. Be careful!!!!