Community Bank of Mississippi offers a good selection of account options! To find out if Community Bank of Mississippi is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They have a separate youth/student and checking and savings account, but only the savings account earns interest.
Other than that, the opening deposits and balance requirements for the most part seem to be consistent on all their accounts. The ones that earn interest require a slightly higher amount than the ones that don’t.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with CB of Mississippi
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with CB of Mississippi
- 9 CB of Mississippi Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How CB of Mississippi Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Community Bank of Mississippi has a plethora of unique checking accounts that comes with exclusive benefits as well.
Each account has all the benefits a regular checking account normally has.
You can open this checking account online with $100 and start earning interest.
There is a small monthly fee of $5, but you can waive it if you keep a daily balance of $300.
This is a standard checking account that can be opened with just $50.
If you maintain a daily balance of $300, you can waive the $5 monthly fee.
This checking account is interest bearing and can be opened with a minimum deposit of $100.
There is a monthly fee of $8, but it is waiveable if you manage to maintain an overall relationship balance of $15,000.
You can once again open this checking account with $100.
There is an unavoidable monthly fee of $8, but you can reduce it by $2 if you sign up for direct deposit. Then, you will only have to pay $6 each month.
You also get access to ATM reimbursements for using non Community Bank of Mississippi ATMS.
A student checking account that will require a $50 opening deposit. There are no minimum balance requirements however.
Students will also have access to unlimited ATM reimbursements.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Community Bank of Mississippi has a good selection of savings accounts that have varying requirements, but you can earn pretty competitive interest rates.
Each account has all the benefits a regular savings account normally has.
This savings account is designed for minors 17 and under. With an opening deposit of just $50, you can start earning interest.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This is a free savings account that requires no opening deposit nor monthly fees!
Community Bank of Mississippi deposits the difference between each debit card purchase. CB will also match the deposited difference by 5%.
This is a standard savings account that will require a $100 opening deposit.
This account earns competitive interest rates and is compounded daily.
If you keep a daily balance of $300, you can waive the $6 monthly fee.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Community Bank of Mississippi has two money markets that earns tiered interest rates.
This is a premium money market account that will require an opening deposit of at least $20,000.
This account earn high, competitive interest rates and is recommended to those who often keep a high balance.
There is a $15 monthly fee if you fail to keep a daily balance of $10,000.
This is a standard money market that can still earn tiered interest rates. You can open it with at least $1,000.
If you fail to keep a daily balance of $1,000, you will incur a $10 monthly fee.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons to Bank with CB of Mississippi
- They offer a large selection of checking accounts and most of them can earn competitive interest rates.
- Good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- They have low and easily waiveable monthly fees.
- They have a student checking account specifically available to college students and can earn interest on.
- They have a youth/student savings account.
- They have at least two money markets.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Community Bank of Mississippi mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with CB of Mississippi
- They are only available in Alabama and Georgia. There are a total of 48 branches scattered throughout.
- They lack a senior checking or savings account.
- Their minor savings account still requires at least $50 to open.
- Lacking a free checking account.
- Doesn’t provide 24-hour banking or service line.
- They aren’t open on Saturdays.
CB of Mississippi Routing Number
The routing number for Community Bank of Mississippi varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Community Bank of Mississippi check.
Contact Customer Service
To speak to a customer representative, You can reach Community Bank of Mississippi at 678-406-4000.
Their hours are from Monday to Friday at 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (EST).
How CB of Mississippi Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- Regions Bank: Regions Bank offers a large variety of account options as well. There are also CDs to help you save.
If you happen to live in either Alabama or Georgia and are looking for a simple bank with decent account options, then perhaps Community Bank of Mississippi has what you’re looking for.
They have checking accounts for mainly those who often keep a higher than average balance, but their opening deposit amounts are pretty average.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Community Bank of Mississippi, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!