Discover Miles is a type of rewards point system that features customer-friendly policies, high earning potential and a great average points value. However, there is only one credit card that can earn you Discover Miles. This is a great rewards system that is good for occasional travelers who are looking for an easy-to-use credit card. Continue reading our Discover Miles guide to learn more!
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit||$360 Cash Back||Review|
|Discover Bank CD||Up to 1.00% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Money Market||Up to 0.45% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank IRA CD||Up to 1.00% APY||Review|
Table of Contents
Discover Miles Quick Facts
|Personal Credit Cards||Discover it Miles Card|
|Business Credit Cards||No business credit cards|
|Redemption Options|| Cash back
Travel statement credits
|Average Discover Miles Value||$0.01|
Earning Discover Miles
As mentioned above, Discover Miles can only be earned by one credit card, the Discover it Miles Card. All other Discover credit cards earn mostly cash back.
|Welcome bonus||UNLIMITED. Discover will match all the miles
you’ve earned at the end of your first year.
|Bonus value||Depends on how much you spend in your first year.|
|Ongoing rewards||Unlimited 1.5x miles on all purchases.|
|Perks||No blackout dates.
Free FICO credit score.
Keep in mind that although these rewards are counted as “miles”, they aren’t transferable. Instead, they have a fixed value of $0.01 per mile.
With the card’s generous welcome bonus, you’ll essentially earn 3x miles once the rewards are matched at the end of your first 12 months. That’s an incredible return for a card with no annual fee.
Redeeming Discover Miles
You can start redeeming your Discover Miles for award flights, cash back, toward travel purchases, or towards Amazon orders. Because the Discover rewards have a value of $0.01 each mile, the best option is to go for cash back.
Cash back. This option is the most simple and staright forward to redeem for. Also, as we mentioned, it is the most value to get. Additionally, there is no minimum redemption amount required.
Travel statement credits. You can use your Discover Miles toward travel purchases. Such purchases include airline tickets, hotel rooms, car rentals, travel agents, online travel sites and commuter transportation. There are no blackout dates, however only travel charges made within the last 180 days qualify.
Amazon. If you shop on Amazon frequently, then use your Miles toward purchases. All you have to do is link your Discover it Miles account to your Amazon account.
Discover Miles Tips & Tricks
Using the information compiled from our research, we’ve noticed some great deals using sweet spots you can access using your Discover Miles points.
The Double Dip
You can pay for a travel purchase with your Discover it Miles card to earn rewards, then pay off the balance of these purchases with the miles you just earned. This double dip makes Discover miles just a bit more valuable.
Great For Families
Families should consider the Discover it Miles card for several reasons:
- There is no annual fee with the credit card associated with this rewards program, so there is no pressure to try and rack up points fast.
- No rotating categories to keep track of.
- Discover miles are worth a fixed $0.01 each. There are no award charts or blackout dates.
Discover Bank Promotions
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB122 by 03/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.45% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.40% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 1.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 1.00% APY
• Start today with as little as $2,500!
• Step-by-step help available 24/7 by phone
• Flexible options: Roth (pay now, save later) & Traditional IRAs (earn now, pay later)
• Gather your retirement savings into one place.
• Just three steps and you’re on your way to saving with a Discover IRA CD.
Although you can only earn Discover Miles on one card, the overall rewards program is easy and straightforward with some good redemption value. This program is great for people who are looking for simple, flexible travel miles and a card that also doubles as a cash back card! For more posts like this, check out our list of credit card bonuses!