If building a relationship with your bank is important to you, then be sure to look into First Republic Bank! This bank is originally based in San Francisco and serves six different states.
They offer a variety of deposit accounts as well as retirement investments and various lending products. First Republic prides themselves on their relationship-based service to help individuals or businesses meet their financial goals.
If you’re interested, be sure to continue reading down below to learn more which account best fits you!
Table of Contents
Checking Account Options
This is a standard checking account with an opening balance requirement of $500. Despite the high opening requirement, this account is non-interest bearing. An average balance of $2,500 must be met in order to waive the monthly maintenance fee.
This checking account only requires a $25 opening balance requirement. It has a measly $3 monthly maintenance fee and offers no fee for the first eight (8) checks cleared during the statement period.
This account requires a $500 opening balance. Monthly maintenance fees can be waived with an average balance of $3,500. The ATM Rebate Checking account offers unlimited access to ATMs around the world.
Available only to Massachusetts residents over age 65 or under 18 years of age. No monthly service fee. Fees may be charged for services such as, processing insufficient funds, issuing cashier’s checks, etc. Accounts for minors require parent or guardian as a joint account holder.
This account requires an opening balance of $5,000. In order to get the monthly maintenance fee waived, an average balance of $5,000 must be maintained. This account is interest bearing and is compounded daily. Customers can also withdraw and deposit an unlimited amount of times.
Compare Checking Account Options
Savings Account Options
With First Republic Bank, savings account options are limited.
This account can be opened with a $5,000 deposit. Monthly Maintenance fees can be waived with an average balance of $5,000. This account does earn competitive variable interest rates and daily compounding of interest.
Gain access to Unlimited deposits, ATM withdrawals to available balance and ATM transfers, as well as Unlimited transfers of funds with a Banker at a First Republic preferred banking office.
Compare Savings Account Options
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB622 by 09/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 1.00% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
Reasons To Bank With First Republic Bank
- You can invest in a Liquid CD. Rather than tying your money up for a specific period or incurring a penalty for early withdrawal, the Liquid CD offers an opportunity to withdraw your funds penalty-free every 7 days.
- You can open a checking account with free unlimited access to ATMs. Super convenient for those who frequently use ATMs.
- You get online bill pay with each checking account. You can pay many of your bills online through First Republic Bank.
- You can deposit checks via the mobile app.
- You can set up overdraft protection. First Republic allows you to link a First Republic savings account to cover your overdrafts, should they occur.
- First Republic offers more than 10 different CD options. The ranges vary between 30 days and 6 years. They also offer a variety of “special terms, such as 11 months or 14 months, both of which offer special interest rates.”
Reasons Not To Bank With First Republic Bank
- Only one checking account is interest bearing.
- You will need at least $10,000 to open a CD account with First Republic Bank. This probably wouldn’t be a good option for most beginners who are just trying to save a little money.
- First Republic only operates on the East and West Coasts. They are primarily located in California, Connecticut, Florida, Massachusetts, and New York. If you aren’t located in one of those states, you won’t be able to bank with First Republic.
First Republic Bank Routing Number
The main routing number is 321081669. To find find this routing number, you can simply check the bottom left corner of your checks – check to see if this number differs.
Contact Customer Service
Reach First Republic Bank Customer Service at 1 (888) 408-0288
In addition, you’re able to fill out an online Customer Service Request, but a response can to take between one and two business days.
First Republic Bank is suitable for customers who travel a lot and incur a lot of ATM charges. The unlimited reimbursement for third-party ATM charges can be hard to beat.
Their unique Liquid CD option is also not something you’ll find at every bank in the area, which makes them stand apart from the competition. If you’re interested in First Republic bank, be sure to submit your application today!