Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Do you fly with Delta Airlines? Are you looking for a great airline credit card? The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is specially designed for travelers who often fly with Delta Airlines. Enjoy the opportunity to earn a generous welcome bonus. Plus, make every purchase and every flight with Delta count as you earn SkyMiles rewards for award flights, seat upgrades, and more.
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express offers 60,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
The Gold Delta SkyMiles card comes with a few additional benefits such as one free checked bag per person in your reservation (up to 9 people), which can save you up to $50 per passenger, priority boarding, and 20% off certain in-flight purchases (movies, drinks, and meals).
Also, you will earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on Delta purchases. All other eligible purchases earn 1 mile for every dollar. As an added perk, the annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Table of Contents
American Express Gold Delta Skymiles Summary
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta.
• Earn one mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
• Check your first bag free on Delta flights – that’s a savings of up to $240 per round trip for a family of four.
• Settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Earn & Redeem Delta Skymiles
Earning miles is straightforward on this card. Earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on Delta purchases. All other eligible purchases earn 1 mile for every dollar.
Redeem miles for Delta and more than 15 partner airlines. As long as your account remains open and in good standing, miles accumulated with this card never expire.
Why You Should Apply
- Unlimited Discounts on Airport Lounge Access. Gold Delta SkyMiles card membership entitles you and one traveling companion to unlimited discounts on Delta Sky Club single visit passes, which are good for one day at one Sky Club location. Cardholders and their companions get passes for $29 per person, compared with $59 per person at full price. Comparable airline rewards cards rarely offer such generous airport lounge deals.
- SkyMiles Can Be Valuable When Redeemed for Airfare. SkyMiles can be quite valuable when redeemed for Delta airfare. It’s reliably worth at least $0.075 per mile, often worth $0.01, and sometimes worth as much as $0.02. Keep in mind that point values can vary at redemption, even for the same routes, based on factors such as time, date, season, demand, and more.
- In-Flight Discounts. Delta’s in-flight 20% discount on in-flight purchases is a very nice perk. It’s particularly for travelers craving multiple refreshments or entertainment opportunities on longer flights. Receive savings in the form of a statement credit.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee. This benefit is always nice for frequent overseas travelers.
Other Gold Delta Skymiles Benefits
- Priority boarding on Delta Flights when you show your card. Find room for your carry-on bag and settle into your seat sooner.
- Online Year-End Summary organizes your finances. You can analyze your annual expenses in pie or bar charts, by categories like travel and restaurants. With your charges itemized in one place, the Online Year-End Summary is a great tool you can rely on to help prepare your taxes and manage your spending.
- First checked bag is free. It’s worth a saving of up to $50 on a round-trip Delta flight.
- Delta Sky Club access for you and two traveling companions. Get complimentary snacks and beverages, Wi-Fi access, satellite TV, newspapers and magazines, personalized flight assistance, private restrooms and more for a reduced fee.
- Rental coverage when you use your eligible Card to reserve and pay for the entire eligible auto rental. Just decline the collision damage waiver at the rental car counter. Get covered if the car is damaged or stolen. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Travel coverage when you travel more than 100 miles from home. You have 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, assistance with cash wires, passport replacement, missing luggage and more.
- Purchase protection helps protect eligible purchases made with the Card against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Extended warranty adds up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty when you use your American Express Card for eligible purchases. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
When using the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you will be able to earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on eligible Delta purchases and 1 mile for each dollar spent on your everyday purchases to later redeem for flights. Flying isn’t cheap and earning miles at such a quick rate can be a wise investment. The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is equipped with first free checked bags, early boarding, and more discounts and savings that loyal Delta flyers can appreciate. Travel more with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express and enjoy every time you fly Delta.
Due to poor non-Delta rewards and limited earning power outside the Delta universe, it’s not great for infrequent Delta flyers. Those looking for a general-spending credit card, review our complete list of credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|