If you are a Navy Federal Credit Union checking account holder who was charged overdraft fees under the credit union’s Optional Overdraft Protection Service between July 22, 2012 and Nov. 20, 2017, then you are eligible for a potential award from the Navy Federal Credit Union Overdraft Fees Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the lawsuit, the Navy Federal Credit union had charged for overdraft fees which would double charge the user. The credit union denies all acts of allegations, however, they have agreed to settle the class-action lawsuit. There is no deadline but if you want to opt out, the date to do so is April 20, 2019.
- Navy Federal Credit Union Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: N/A – Date to object to or opt out is April 20, 2019
- Who’s Eligible: Individuals who had a Navy Federal checking Account and were charged Overdraft Fees between July 22, 2012, through November 20, 2017
- Estimated Amount: TBD
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Jenna Lloyd, et al. v. Navy Federal Credit Union, Case No. 17-cv-1280, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
How To File a Claim
- Check your mail or email to see if you had been placed in the settlement already
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- If you want to object or opt out, do so by April 20, 2019.
Check to see if you had been put in the Navy Federal Credit Union Overdraft Fees Class Action Lawsuit already. If not, then you are not apart of the settlement and cannot file a claim. Those who are eligible have already been notified and automatically put into the settlement.
So if you are eligible, check your mail and email to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $150 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 60 days of account opening. Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account: Enjoy a $100 bonus when you open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and use their Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening. Learn More---Aspiration Review|