Newtown Savings Bank provides a wide variety of account options to explore. To find out if Newtown Savings Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
At a single glance, you can see that Newtown Bank has a bevy of both checking and savings accounts. They even offer entry into their rewards raffle when you open a Great Prize Savings account!
With all the different account options available, you are sure to find one that suits your needs.
Checking Account Options
Newtown Savings Bank has a plethora of checking accounts with low opening requirements that are available to all kinds of people.
All checking accounts include:
- Visa® Debit Cards
- 8 Starter Checks
- eStatements (Paper Statement option)
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Free mobile banking
- Mobile deposits with NSBeDeposit
This is a basic checking account. You will need a minimum deposit of at least $25 to open it.
This account doesn’t earn interest however.
This is a standard everyday checking account and you will need $25 to open it.
There is unfortunately an unwaivable monthly fee of $8, but you do get access to all Newtown Savings ATM across the United States.
This student checking account is for those who are 23 and younger.
With just $25, students can start managing their money without the hassle of having to pay a monthly fee.
There is a monthly fee of $10, but those who are 23 can automatically waive it.
This checking account as the name implies, earns interest.
There is a monthly fee of $12, but you can waive it by maintaining a minimum daily balance of $750, OR have $5,000 in combined balance.
You can open this account with just $25 and it will start earning interest.
There’s also a monthly fee of $25, but you can waive it by having a minimum daily balance of $2,500 OR have a combined balance of $20,000.
You will also gain access to all Newtown Savings Bank ATMs.
This checking account is treated like opportunity checking. With just a minimum deposit of $25, you can open it.
It is to help those who failed to get a checking account in the first place get back into checking.
There is unfortunately an unavoidable monthly fee of $10 however.
You are also only able to open this account at a physical branch.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Newtown Savings Bank has several savings accounts, but their online ones are the most popular and the rates can be compared to big banks.
This online savings account only requires $25 to open, but there are no monthly fees to maintain.
You also need a preexisting Newtown Savings checking or money market account to be eligible.
This is a newer savings account, but it still requires an opening deposit of $25.
This account earns tiered interest rates so those who like to deposit a large amount of money can watch their money grow.
There is a $25 monthly fee, but you can waive it as long as you maintain a minimum daily balance of $5,000.
With just $25, this savings account will start earning competitive interest rates.
There is a small monthly fee of $3, but you can waive it if you have a daily balance of $250.
This savings account also comes with a Newtown Savings Visa Debit Card.
This savings account can increase your chances in winning additional cash.
When you make a qualifying deposit of $25 or more, you can be entered in Newtown Savings Bank’s drawing to win an extra $1,500.
How cool is it that Newtown Savings will reward you in cash for being a consistent saver?
This account is designed for parents to teach their children about banking matters. You will need a minimum deposit of $25 to open it.
If you deposit a balance of $1,000, you can earn an extremely high interest rate.
The child’s name on this account must be under 18 years old.
When the child turns 18, the account will become a Statement Savings account.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB223 by 06/15/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 4.00% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB223 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 6/15/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 4.00% APY as of 5/31/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Newtown Savings Bank has two money market accounts that aren’t too difficult to open.
Open this money market with $25 and start earning tiered interest rates.
If you maintain a minimum daily balance of $5,000 then you can waive the monthly fee of $25.
Open this money market with $25 and start earning competitive interest rates.
If you maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,000, you can waive the monthly fee of $7.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 3.95% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 3.90% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
You can open a CD at Newtown Savings Bank. Their CDs include standard, promotional, traditional and roth IRAs.
The CD terms range from 3 months to 5 years.
If you want to find out Newtown Savings Bank’s CD rates, click here.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 4.75% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 5.00% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Newtown Savings Bank
- Provides one of the widest selection of checking and savings accounts with multiple benefits.
- They offer both an opportunity checking (New Start Checking) account and a student checking account.
- Has a prized savings account (Great Prize Savings) as a reward for being a consistent saver.
- They encourage children and young adolescents to save early.
- There is a rewards savings account that both a parent and their child can apply for (Great Start Savings).
- All their checking accounts come with a Newtown Visa® Debit Card.
- Their savings and CD accounts both earn competitive rates.
- They have a customer service live chat feature on their website.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Newtown Savings Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Newtown Savings Bank
- Their free checking account still requires at least $25 to open.
- The customer service isn’t exactly 24 hours.
- Their rewards program is more of a raffle and it’s purely by chance.
Newtown Savings Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Newtown Savings Bank is 221172296.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Newtown Savings Bank at 800-461-0672.
A customer representative will be available to speak to you at these hours:
- Monday–Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday–Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
How Newtown Savings Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- TD Bank: TD Bank offer bonuses for signing up for a checking account! They have various account options that suit all kinds of consumers as well.
- Huntington Bank: Huntington offers a variety of account options to choose from. Right now, Huntington is offering bonuses when you sign up for select checking accounts, including business ones!
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you’re looking for a bank that has all sorts of account options that is open to practically all ages, then look no further because Newtown Savings Bank is here to serve you.
Providing a full selection of checking, savings, money market and CD accounts, it can be a bit overwhelming to decide which account to apply for. So, be sure to read all the features thoroughly.
Additionally, when you apply for a Great Prize Savings account, you will automatically be entered into Newtown Savings Bank’s raffle and you could be one of many to win $1,500!
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Newtown Savings Bank, then check out Newtown Savings Bank Promotions! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
Leave a Reply