For residents of FL, NJ, NY, find the latest Popular Community Bank promotions & bonuses with offers ranging from $200, $600, & $1,000.
View our list of other investment bonuses & offers.
About Popular Community Bank Promotions
Proudly serving their customers for over 120 years, Popular Community Bank is redefining banking so that you can bank smarter, happier, and more connected than ever before. Furthermore, they want their customers to have access to unrivaled customer service with innovative technology.
I’ll review Firstrade Promotions below.
Editor’s Note: Additionally, you can take advantage of other popular brokerage bonuses such as Ally Invest, Chase You Invest, and TD Ameritrade.
Popular Community Bank Up To $1,000 Cash Bonus
Open and fund a Popular Community Bank brokerage or retirement account by July 15, 2020 and get up to $1,000 in Cash Rewards.
- Account Type: Brokerage accounts, Mutual fund brokerage accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs)
- Availability: FL, NJ, NY (Bank Locator)
- Online Trades: Unknown
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- Monthly Fee: None
- Bonus Requirements: Fund the applicable amount
(Expires July 15, 2020)
|Additionally, you may want to compare this offer to J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing (Up to $625 Cash), Axos Self Directed Trading ($250 Cash), TradeStation ($150 Cash), and WeBull (12 Free Stocks).|
Earn the Up to$1,000 Brokerage Bonus
- In order to earn the bonus, book an appointment with an investment professional
- Determine a Bonus tier and account funding that you would like:
- $200 Bonus: Must be funded with $50,000 – 99,999 or more.
- $600 Bonus: Must be funded with $200,000 – 499,999 or more.
- $1,000 Bonus: Must be funded with $500,000 or more.
- Deposit qualifying assets and maintain balance for at least 90 days from the date you qualify.
- Expert advice
- Unbiased Feedback
- Personalized Service
- Offer effective as of July 15, 2020. To qualify, customers must transfer existing assets to, open and/or fund an Eligible Account (as set forth below) with a minimum of $50,000 or more in cash and/or securities from a non-Popular Bank account or investment account from another institution. Qualifying new assets exclude existing deposits, funds or securities currently held by the customer at Infinex Investments or Popular Bank. Eligible assets must be maintained for at least ninety (90) calendar days from the date the customer qualifies. (Losses due to trading or market fluctuations will not be taken into consideration.)
- Cash reward amounts will be determined by the following tiers:
- For the customer to receive the total cash reward of $200, qualifying new assets ranging from $50,000 to $199,999 must be added to a new or existing (and eligible) Popular Investments account. Customer must maintain the investment balance of qualifying new assets for the above-mentioned 90-day period.
- For the customer to receive the total cash reward of $600, qualifying new assets ranging from $200,000 to $499,999 must be added to a new or existing (and eligible) Popular Investments account. Customer must maintain the investment balance of qualifying new assets for the above-mentioned 90-day period.
- For the customer to receive the total cash reward of $1,000, qualifying new assets of $500,000 or more must be added to a new or existing (and eligible) Popular Investments account. Customer must maintain the investment balance of at least $500,000 for the above-mentioned 90-day period.
- On the 90th day from the date a customer qualifies, Eligible Accounts will be reviewed to determine the total qualifying deposit, and corresponding cash rewards will be issued within 10 business days of review.
- Cash rewards will be issued in one of two ways: 1) For Popular Bank account holders, the cash reward will be credited to the Popular Bank checking or money market account (MMA) of their choosing within 10 business days of review; 2) For customers without a Popular Bank account, a physical check will be mailed to the customer’s address of record within two (2) weeks after the 90-day review. As a current Popular Bank account holder, should you opt to have the cash reward credited to a Popular Bank account, the account must be open and in good standing to receive the cash reward.
- Eligible Accounts: Brokerage accounts, Mutual fund brokerage accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs)
- Ineligible Accounts and Assets: Commercial or institutional accounts, Self-directed accounts, Life insurance, Annuities, Non-publicly traded funds or securities, Commodities or alternative investments*
Popular Community Bank is great bank to have a brokerage account. Whether you are joining, or referring a friend to join, there are plenty of opportunities to maximize on bonuses.
Furthermore, if you want to check up on the internet’s most complete list of Brokerage Promotions, keep coming back to HMB for more!
Additionally, be sure to bookmark this page and check back often for Popular Community Bank promotions, bonuses, and offers.
It says Bonuses are only once a lifetime. If I received a bonus through this bank with a different checking account does that mean I can apply for this type of account and get the bonus? Or rather once I get any type of bonus I am out of luck.
I just called Popular and they said that you can be a resident of NY, NJ, or FL (not just NY) to open an account and everything can be done online. Also, there is no minimum direct deposit to get the $200 checking account bonus. The other $300 comes from adding $10,000 to the account and maintaining that balance for 60 days. The Popular Everyday Checking Account offers all the same benefits as a Popular Prestige Checking Account with a lower fee avoidance maintenance requirement. Hope this information is helpful. The Sign up today link above takes you to a page that pretty much explains everything quite accurately.
I visited this bank last Saturday.
Two not pleasant things were discovered:
1) you will pay penalty/fee $35.00 for money withdraw /closing account less than 6 months;
2) you will be charged $2.00 for monthly statement unless sign up online and choose paperless option.
Anyway, there is another option to get $300.00 for opening checking account without Direct Deposit , still not bad.
Online account applications are not working.
Thank you for your interest in opening a Popular account.
At this time, we are unable to open your account electronically. To continue your account application, please visit one of our branch locations.
Please access the form provided here, for an explanation of your rights under state and federal laws.
It says to do an ACH from your existing checking account. A lot of checking accounts charge fees for pushes. Do you think my Ally savings account qualify? Thanks so much.
Mrs. Gee says
I went to a branch to open an account and was turned down because I had opened up more than 2 bank accounts in the prior 12 months. However, I went home and was able to open the account online with no problem.
When I did a chase deposit into banco popular it was listed as a transfer not as an ach. Do you know which accounts count as a ach deposit?
It doesn’t say California qualify for the promotion on their official site anymore.
Be careful of these guys if you’re trying to take advantage of the opening bonus: they use the maximum time to clear funds allowed by the FDIC which is 7 days, so if you credit your account you have to wait 7 business days, even though it will say the funds are available and showing as ‘available’ in your account. I tried to make a bill payment a few days after crediting my account with a DD and got charged a $30 NSF fee. They also charge a fee if you close within 180 days, so it all seems setup to recoup as much of the opening bonus as possible.
Thanks for the heads up, CheapLife. I’ll be extra nimble with this one.