Find an updated list of San Mateo Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers here.
They are currently offering a $100 bonus when you open a new qualifying checking account.
About San Mateo Credit Union Promotions
San Mateo Credit Union is headquartered in Redwood City and is the 40th largest credit union in the state of California. It is also the 264th largest credit union in the nation. It was established in 1952 and as of June of 2021, it had grown to 191 employees and 104,290 members at 11 locations.
I’ll review the offers below.
San Mateo Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Currently, San Mateo Credit Union is offering a $100 checking bonus when you open a new checking account and meet certain requirements.
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Account Type: Checking Account
- Availability: CA (Bank Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes (see what works)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull online, Hard Pull in branch
- ChexSystems: Unknown, let us know
- Credit Card Funding: Fund up to $500
- Monthly Fees: None
- Early Account Termination Fee: Unknown
- Household Limit: One per mailing address
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with offers include the BMO Harris Smart Money ($300 bonus), Bank of America ($100 bonus offer), U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking (Up to $400 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($225 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), and Citi Priority Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Open a Premium Checking account.
- Making 10 or more debit card purchases totaling at least $100 or more the first full calendar month after switching to a Premium Checking account.
- Having at least one monthly direct deposit or ACH deposit of into your Premium Checking account
- Choosing eStatements instead of paper statements
- Requirements to receive checking cash bonus: Open a new San Mateo Credit Union (SMCU) Premium Checking account (no other account types are eligible) from 01/01/2023 – 06/30/2023. During the full calendar month immediately following the month in which the account is opened, have 10 or more signature-based purchases or payments for at least $100 in spend using the SMCU debit card(s) associated with the new checking account. One direct deposit must be connected to the account and account holder must sign-up for eStatements to qualify. ATM and ACH transactions are not eligible. In the case of a joint account, purchases and payments from multiple debit cards will be added together.
- Offer conditions and restrictions: Membership eligibility requirements apply. Must be age 18 or older. Offer is not available for existing SMCU members who have an open Premium Checking account as of 03/27/23. SMCU employees, affiliates, and their families are not eligible. Offer may change or be discontinued at any time without prior notice. Limit of one bonus-eligible checking account per individual membership account. Cash bonus for the month will be paid to the open, eligible checking account within 31 days after the qualification period ends. The account must have a positive balance at the time of payout to receive the bonus. SMCU will classify the bonus as interest paid to the checking account where the bonus is credited. Any applicable taxes associated with the bonus are the responsibility of the SMCU account holder. To the extent required by law, SMCU will report the total value of this bonus to the IRS on Form 1099-INT for the tax year in which the bonus was paid.
How to Waive Monthly Fees
- Premium Checking: No monthly fees
- Free Checking & Student Checking: No monthly fees
- Business Checking: $15.00 monthly waived if an average daily balance of $4,000 is maintained.
- Business Basic Checking: $7.50
- Nonprofit Business Checking: No monthly fees
Make sure you check out San Mateo Credit Union to learn more about the $100 bonus. Take advantage of this bonus if you live in California. Don’t forget, the bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Additionally, your feedback is highly appreciated and makes our site even better!
While they have many generous bonuses, San Mateo Credit Union doesn’t have great rates for CDs and Savings. You may want to check out our full list of Bank Rates and CD Rates.
Compare San Mateo Credit Union Promotions to other bank bonuses from Citi, Huntington, HSBC, Chase, TD, Discover Bank, Aspiration, Axos Bank, PNC Bank, BMO Harris, SoFi, Fifth Third Bank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, US Bank, and more!
*Check back at this page for updated Old Hickory Credit Union promotions, bonuses and also offers.
Datapoint: I applied for it online awhile back and no hard pull showed up on CreditKarma yet. I was also able to fund $500 via CC (Visa/MC only).
Jorgio Castro says
Hard pull on credit report. Credit card deposit codes as a cash advance. 🙁