For those with a Discover It® Credit Card, the new 5% cash back bonus categories have just been announced for the Fourth quarter of 2023.
Activation starts September 1st and you can still activate it before the year ends. Discover It Card owners should also take note of the available cash back opportunities during the 2023 Fourth quarter. Make sure to register your card, so you can save some money while purchasing groceries and your essentials!
Editor’s Note: Discover It card offers $100 bonus after making a purchase within three months of account opening.
Discover 5% Cashback 2023 Q4 Categories
Earn 5% Cash Back on the following categories: Amazon.com and Target
Terms: Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com and Target from 10/1/23 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 12/31/23, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, like digital downloads, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals, Amazon Prime subscriptions, and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace. This also includes purchases in-store at Amazon Go. Amazon, the Amazon.com logo, the smile logo and all related marks are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Target purchases include those made in store at Target, Target.com, or through the Target app. Purchases from individual merchants and stand-alone stores within physical Target locations may not be eligible for this promotion. Purchases made online or through the Target app from Target affiliates, individual merchants or stand-alone stores may not be eligible for this promotion, including, but not limited to, targetoptical.com and targetphoto.com. Target and the Bullseye Design are registered trademarks of Target Brands, Inc. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
(Learn more at Discover)
Discover 5% Cashback Categories
Below are the cash back categories for 2023:
- January-March 2023: Grocery Stores, Drug Stores and Select Streaming Services
- April-June 2023: Restaurants and Wholesale Clubs
- July-September 2023: Gas Stations and Digital Wallets
- October-December 2023: Amazon.com and Target
Below are the cash back categories for 2022:
- January-March 2022: Grocery Stores & Fitness Clubs & Gym Memberships (Ends 3/31/2022)
- April-June 2022: Gas Stations and Target (Activation begins 2/1/2022)
- July-September 2022: Restaurants and PayPal (Activation begins 5/1/2022)
- October-December 2022: Amazon.com & Digital Wallets (Activation begins 8/1/2022)
Below are the cash back categories for 2021:
- January-March 2021: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2021)
- April-June 2021: Gas Stations, Wholesale Clubs and Select Streaming Services (Activation begins 2/1/2021)
- July-September 2021: Restaurants and PayPal (Activation begins 5/1/2021)
- October-December 2021: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com (Activation begins 8/1/2021)
Below are 2020’s cash back categories:
- January-March 2020: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2020)
- April-June 2020: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs (Activation begins 2/1/2020)
- July-September 2020: Restaurants and Paypal (Activation begins 5/1/2020)
- October-December 2020: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com AND Best Buy (11/25/2020 through 12/31/2020)(Activation begins 8/1/2020)
If you don’t have the Discover It®, you might be excited to hear that it has a 0% APR for 14 months on balance transfers, no annual fee, no fee for your first late payment, no over limit fee, no fee for payments by phone, and no foreign transaction fees.
In addition to these already great features, all eligible purchases made with your Discover card are protected for up to $500 during the first 90 days if they’re stolen or accidentally damaged. Learn more about this magnificent card in our Discover It Review.
- Discover It First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Third Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
Other 5% Cash Back Card to Consider
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.24% - 27.99%.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.