Did you know about inflight credit cards? There are tons of credit cards out there, but which ones deserve to be in your wallet? With these, you can get extra-valuable offers. In this post, we will discuss everything you need to know about them.
Continue reading below to see some of the pros and cons of applying for a Inflight credit card.
What We Like About Inflight Offers
Co-branded airline cards can give you a great deal, but only for certain people. If you are offered a credit card deal during a flight, consider that:
They might have the better offer. Sometimes, the welcome bonus you get for applying inflight is better.
They’re convenient. It’s easy to apply on the plane, despite the not having Wi-Fi. The form to fill out only takes a couple of minutes.
What We Don’t Like About Inflight Offers
They might not have the best offer. They could have a better offer but they also might not have the best offer. Without WiFi on the flight, you won’t be able to check all the other offers that are publicly available.
If you fly with a certain airline often, and you’re considering applying for their card, research the offer before you get on the plane so you know if there is a better deal. Many airlines will also offer pamphlets with the offer code after landing.
They don’t paint the whole picture. They don’t include things such as blackout dates, odd or inconvenient award routing, fuel surcharges and other fees so watch out for this.
There’s a risk for identity theft. You will need to include personal data like your income and Social Security number when filling out the form.
Best Co-Branded Credit Cards
Check out our guide on the Best Airline Credit Cards for a list of cards we consider best for inflight purchases, discounts, and perks.
The United Explorer Card offers 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, hotel stays, and United purchases
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining including eligible delivery services
Perks of this card include:
• Getting up to $100 Global Entry, TSA PreCheck or NEXUS fee credit
• Get your first bag checked for free (up to $140 savings per roundtrip). Terms apply.
• Get priority boarding perks & visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
• 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights and on Club premium drinks
• Get one-year complimentary DashPass, a membership for both DoorDash and Caviar that provides unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate. Activate by 12/31/24.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, the annual fee is waived for the first year.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card offers 60,000 bonus points plus a 30% off promo code after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
In addition, you'll earn 7,500 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
• Earn 3X points on Southwest purchases.
• Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.
• Earn 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming.
Some perks include $75 Southwest travel credit each year., receiving 4 Upgraded Boardings per year when available, savings of 25% back on in-flight drinks and WiFi, and more!
This card carries a $149 annual fee and no transaction fees.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Earn now. Travel when you're ready. After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit on your Card to inspire your next travel.
• 2X Miles on Delta purchases at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets
• 1X mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
There is a $99 annual fee, however, there is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year (See Rates & Fees). Now, you'll get get more savings with your first checked bag for free on Delta flights.
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite MasterCard® offers 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after making $5,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
• 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
• 1 AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
• 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible AAdvantage mile earned from purchases
This card comes with $450 annual fee, however, there are no foreign transaction fees. You can also save when traveling - first checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation.
On top of that, you'll get an Admirals Club® membership for you and access for up to two guests or immediate family members traveling with you.
About to open up a new credit card? It’s best to do your research to find out your card options and compare offers. In this post, we discussed some of the pros and cons of applying for an inflight credit card.
If you’re looking for a credit card, you can check out the latest credit card bonuses that you can sign up for and while you’re here on HMB, you can also read through our credit card reviews to see which card fits your needs the most! First time card owner? Read our guide on How credit cards work!