United Airlines and Chase released a new credit card: United Gateway Card, that offers no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee for casual travelers looking into boosting their United miles.
This card offer 20,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
Continue reading below to learn more about this card’s features and services.
* The United Gateway Card is issued by Chase. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
United Gateway Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 20,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.|
|Ongoing Rewards||2x miles on United purchases
2x miles at gas stations
2x miles on local transit & commuting
1x miles on all other purchases
|Ongoing Benefits||25% back on inflight purchases
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance
Visa Concierge Services
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
United Gateway Card Bonus Offer
Take advantage of the United Gateway Card’s welcome bonus offer where you can earn 20,000 bonus miles! We value this card around $280.
If you need help, here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirements.
What are MileagePlus Miles Worth?
Similar to other airline-branded credit cards, the value you get from your miles will depend on how you use them. The value of one MileagePlus mile ranges from $0.005 to $0.021. However, the average value of each MileagePlus mile at around $0.014.
You can redeem your MileagePlus miles for:
- Flights and upgrades (United Airlines and Star Alliance partners)
- Travel (hotel stays, car rentals, cruises)
- Enhanced travel (United Club membership, WiFi, etc.)
- Gift cards
- Subscriptions (magazines and newspapers)
But if you want to get the most value out of your points, we recommend you use them for flights and seat upgrades on United and Star Alliance partners. All other options will more than likely devalue your points to less than $0.01.
Also, your MileagePlus points don’t expire as long as your account stays open.
United Gateway Card Benefits
- 25% back on United inflight purchases: 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights when you pay with your Gateway Card
- No foreign transaction fees: Purchases made with your Gateway Card outside the U.S. will not be subject to foreign transaction fees.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Coverage is provided for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad. In the U.S., coverage is secondary to your personal insurance.
- Trip Cancellation / Trip Interruption Insurance: Get reimbursed up to $1,500 per person and $6,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable passenger fares.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
- Purchase Protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.
The United Gateway Card is a good card for those looking for no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees when they travel abroad. This is a solid card since it offers a good welcome bonus, spending categories, and perks, all while having no annual fee.
Interested on what else United Airlines has to offer? Checkout the latest United Airlines promotions!
For more credit cards, see our latest list of other Chase Bank Promotions or Chase’s latest credit card bonuses! If you’re not interested in Chase bank, you can also checkout other credit card bonuses here on HMB!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.