Bank of the West has a $150 checking account bonus available to new customers that reside in many Western states good until 3/6/2015. There is a $300 Premier checking bonus, but keeping the account fee-free is much more difficult. Instead, I recommend to open the Easy Checking for the $150 bonus with just a $100 opening deposit requirement. You will need to keep $1K balance OR use your debit card 10 times per month for them to waive the $10 monthly fee. With Easy checking, you get unlimited access to Bank of the West ATMs, free Online and Mobile Banking with Bill Pay, and free debit card.
How to get your $150 cash bonus:
- Fund account with a minimum of $100 opening deposit.
- For the first $100: Make a direct deposit of at least $250 or more by 5/29/2015
- For the additional $50: Make 10 debit card purchases for the two months following the posting of the opening deposit. Each purchase must be $3 or more.
|Discover Bank offers 0.90% APY on all balances, that's over 5X the National Savings Average with a low $500 minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance or monthly maintenance fees! FDIC insurance up to $250,000. Apply Now---Full Review||Capital One 360 Checking Account offers no hidden fees or minimums as you earn interest on your everyday money with over 38,000 fee-free Allpoint ATM. Earn up to $1,000 in bonus referrals! Apply Now---Full Review|
Bank of the West $150 Bonus Information:
- Sign up Offer
- Account Type: Easy Checking
- Availability: AZ, CA, CO, ID, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, UT, WA, WI, WY
- Expiration Date: 3/6/2015
- Hard Inquiry: Soft Pull only. ChexSystems.
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes
- Monthly Fee: $10 monthly fee for Easy checking($1K balance for fee to be waived).
- Additional Requirements: Make 10 debit card purchases for two months
- Closing Account Fee: Make sure to keep it open for 91 days, otherwise there is a $25 early closure fee.
New customers at Bank of the West can earn a $150 checking bonus just for opening an Easy checking account with a $100 deposit. An early closure fee of $25 will apply if an account is closed within 91 days of the account opening date. Also, Bank will report total value of the offer to the IRS on Form 1099 for tax year 2014. See our full list for the nation’s best bank bonuses!
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 40,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. With 40,000 bonus points, you can redeem for $500 towards airfare and hotel accommodations. You can earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening. Earn 2x points on travel, 2x points on dining at restaurants, and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. Your points go far since you get 20% off travel when redeemed thru Ultimate Rewards. All Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders enjoy travel benefits and a direct access to a live adviser 24 hours a day. No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel. The annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year of card ownership. Apply Now---Chase Sapphire Preferred Review|