Walmart is known for having low priced groceries and everyday items, with locations nationwide its always easy to find a convenient store near you. However, if you shop them regularly you probably notice its not always the best deal. You could definitely save more by applying a few easy practices. Here are 6 Ways to Save Money at Walmart, by using Coupons, Gift Cards & Discounts. Walmart offers their own app as well as price matching and coupons. Make sure you do one or any of the following to maximize their already great prices and that you don’t miss out on the best deals.
|American Express Gift Card: Make gift shopping easy this year. Amex gift cards have no monthly fees, no inactivity fees, and the funds don’t expire. Get 100% off Shipping Fees with promo code FREESHP17A valid until June 30, 2017. Apply Code Here!--Review|
American Express Gift Card: Make gift shopping easy this year for Mother's Day. Get her what she wants - this convenient and easy to use American Express Gift Card! Amex gift cards have no monthly fees, no inactivity fees, and the funds don’t expire. Get 100% off Shipping Fees with promo code MOM17B valid until May 14, 2017. Apply Code Here!--Review
6 Ways to Save Money at Walmart:
1. Buy Walmart Gift Cards: You probably already know my first rule of retail shopping. Get your discount before you even step foot into a store. How do you always ensure you get sale prices even if there is no promotion? Pre-purchase a gift card from a gift card exchange site. My favorite sites to shop for Discounted Walmart gift cards are at eBay, Raise.com ($5 Off Code), CardCash or CardPool ($5 Off new user sign up). With pre-purchased Walmart gift cards you have already saved up to 8% on your entire purchase.
2. Use Coupons: Walmart offers their own store coupons, accepts manufacture’s coupons and also lets you use local competitor coupons that list the item’s price. Before you head out to the store, simply check their site and scan for coupons you can print to use in-store. One of my favorite thing about their coupon policy is that they allow overage on your coupon. You can apply the overage to pay for the remainder of your order or receive cash back. Be sure to check Store Coupon Policy on use of coupons.
3. Get the Savings Catcher app: It’s probably the easiest way to save, just scan or manually enter your receipt bar code number. The Savings Catcher app compares prices for local retailers, as well as current advertised sale prices and if they find a lower price, they’ll credit you the difference on a gift card. Bonus, you can receive double the Savings Catcher Reward Dollars if you redeem them to your Bluebird Card.
4. Free In-Store Pick Up: Shop items on their website to get some great deals, and if you don’t meet the $50 minimum for free shipping you can opt to pick up in store at no cost. Alternatively you can have your items ship-to-store for free pick up as well, especially if its an online exclusive.
5. Price Match: Walmart will Price Match local competitors and select online retailers* for an identical, in-stock item. For in-store, simply show your cashier the ad and they will match it right there. They will also price match their online Walmart.com prices.
6. Use Rebates: On top of gift card savings, coupons and price match use rebates to cull even more savings. When shopping online go through portals like TopCashBack or Ebates (currently both sites are offering a $10 sign up bonus) to get a percentage back on your entire purchase. For in-store purchases make sure you have a rebate app like Ibotta and Checkout51 which lets you accrue cash back for buying specific everyday items like bread, milk or eggs at any grocery store.
And finally, don’t you hate it when you buy something and it goes on sale the next day? It’s not a problem if you use their Price Adjustment policy to ensure you don’t ever over pay on an item. Simply ask for a price adjustment on the item within the return period. Applying just a few of these strategies will help you save even more on Walmart’s low price guarantee. See more Ways to Save Money!
|Hilton HonorsTM Surpass® Card from American Express is offering for a limited amount of time (Offer ends 5/31) 100,000 Hilton Honors points after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Not only will you be earning bonus points from the sign up bonus, but you can earn 12X bonus points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases at participating Hilton portfolio hotels and resorts, 6X bonus points for every $1 spent at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations in the U.S. and 3X bonus points for every other purchase made on the card. Unlike the regular Hilton Honors card, you'll automatically receive Gold status where you can earn 25% bonus points from base points. With all of these great benefits, you'll enjoy a $75 low annual fee. Apply Now---Hilton Honors Surpass Review|
American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog.