Amerasia Bank is a Chinese-American full service bank with a good amount of account options. To find out if Amerasia Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Located in Flushing, New York, Amerasia Bank aims to provide banking services for everyone, but especially other Asian-Americans.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Amerasia Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Amerasia Bank
- 11 Amerasia Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Amerasia Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Amerasia Bank has a good selection of checking accounts with low minimum requirements; however, their website doesn’t indicate an opening deposit for some of their accounts, so, it is best to call Amerasia Bank for those.
This checking account is pretty standard.
There’s a monthly fee of $10, but if you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $500.
This checking account can earn competitive interest rates.
There’s a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it by maintaining a daily balance of $1,000.
This basic checking account requires $25 to open, and $0.01 to waive the monthly $3 fee.
This account doesn’t earn interest however.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Amerasia Bank has a small variety of savings accounts that are pretty standard.
You will need $200 to open this account and you can earn competitive interest rates.
There is a small quarterly fee of $5, but you can waive it if you keep a daily balance of $200.
Open this account with $200 and you can avoid the $5 monthly fee if you keep a daily balance of $200.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB323 by 03/15/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 3.30% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB323 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 3/15/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 3.30% APY as of 12/22/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Amerasia Bank has a checking account that is practically a money market because it combines both checking and savings qualities.
Presdidential Money Market:
- Open this account with $1,000
- Interest is credited monthly
- Up to 6 checks/debit items per month
- Online mobile and phone banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 3.25% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 3.20% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Amerasia Bank offers CDs with competitive rates. You can open each CD with $2,500.
To learn more about their CDs, you would have to call Amerasia Bank instead.
The CDs will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 1.50% APY up to 4.40% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 4.65% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Amerasia Bank
- They offer a good variety of checking accounts.
- Lower than average monthly fees.
- Some of their accounts have 8 free check withdrawals than just the standard 6.
- If you prefer to bank in person, then visiting a physical branch would be the best.
- Good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Amerasia Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Amerasia Bank
- The information presented on their website is very vague.
- If you prefer to bank online, their website isn’t too user-friendly and doesn’t have much information.
- They don’t have 24-hour customer service.
- Lacks a student nor senior citizen checking or savings account.
- Doesn’t offer any relationship accounts.
- They could have higher interest rates on certain accounts.
Amerasia Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Amerasia Bank is 026011484.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Amerasia Bank’s main office at (718)-463-3600, but they also have different numbers for different offices.
Their business hours are:
- Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You can also look at Amerasia Bank’s website for more information.
How Amerasia Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- PNC: Also having a New York location, PNC Bank offers free access to f PNC Bank ATMs, free mobile/online banking, reimbursement of PNC fees for use of non-PNC ATMs, and many other features that can be found on their website. They have several account options.
- Cathay Bank: Another Asian-American owned bank that offers a lot more account options and similar minimum requirements. They even offer a student checking and savings relationship account.
Amerasia Bank is best recommended to those who want to invest in a local bank and happen to live in New York.
Even though their website has a wide variety of accounts, it is recommended that you go to speak with a customer service representative in person instead.
The monthly fees are low and the minimum balance requirements aren’t too difficult to maintain either, so if you are interested in a simple bank, then this one may fit your standards.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Amerasia Bank, then apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!