Situated in South Carolina, Arthur State Bank is a conventional bank that provides decent account options. To find out if Arthur State Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They have checking accounts for all kinds of people including college students and senior citizens, and each account don’t require much to open nor maintain as well.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Arthur State Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Arthur State Bank
- 11 Arthur State Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Arthur State Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Arthur State Bank has a great selection of checking accounts that all offer pretty good benefits.
This is a standard checking account and will require $100 to open.
There is a small monthly fee of $5, but you can waive it by maintaining a daily balance of $1,000.
This account also comes with an Arthur State Bank Debit Card and access to all online and mobile banking.
This checking account, designed for students 24 or under, will need a small opening deposit of $50.
Since those in their early 20’s can apply for this account, this is mainly targeted to college and high school students.
There are also no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements so students can bank with ease.
All students will have access to their own debit card and online/mobile banking.
Those who are 60 years and older can apply for this checking account, but it will require $100 to open.
There are, however, no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This account also earns interest, but you will need to keep a daily balance of at least $500.
This is considered Arthur State Bank’s premium checking account will require $500 to open.
Since this checking account can earn greater interest, there are a few fees to consider.
To avoid the $5 monthly fee, you will need $1,000 as a daily balance.
You will also need a daily balance of $500 to start earning interest.
This account comes with all the benefits that a standard checking account has.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Arthur State Bank has a small variety of savings accounts that aren’t too different from any regular ones, but they don’t require too much to maintain either.
This is standard savings account and will require $50 to open.
To earn interest, you just need a small daily balance of $50.
This is a savings account for those who needs a place to store money towards health related issues.
You can open it with $100 and it also earns interest overtime.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB122 by 03/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.50% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Arthur State Bank has one money market that earns tiered interest rates.
Arthur State Bank Money Market:
- Open this account with $1,000
- Waive the $5 monthly fee by keeping a minimum daily balance of $1,000
- Interest is credited monthly
- Up to 6 checks/debit items per month
- Online banking and mobile banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Arthur State Bank offers CDs with competitive rates. These CD terms range from 3 months to 5 years and requires $500 to open.
To find more about their CDs, click here.
The CDs will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 1.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Arthur State Bank
- They have a good variety of checking accounts with low opening requirements.
- They have very low monthly fees.
- Their student checking account is for college students instead of just high school students (18 and under).
- They have reasonable minimum balance requirements for the accounts that do have them.
- All their accounts may come with similar benefits, but they are still pretty decent.
- They have a youth savings account.
- Conduct all your banking online (recommended) or through the Arthur State Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Arthur State Bank
- They are only available in South Carolina. There are 18 branches today.
- Their customer service is not 24 hours.
- Their Super NOW Checking requires a much higher opening deposit than their other checking accounts even if it is considered premium.
- They don’t have a corresponding youth or senior citizen savings account.
- Lack of variety in their savings accounts compared to their checking accounts.
- They could have higher interest rates on certain accounts.
Arthur State Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Arthur State Bank varies depending on state and region.
You can also find the routing number by checking the lower left corner of your Arthur State Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Arthur State Bank at (888)-825-2265.
A customer representative will be available to speak to you at these hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
How Arthur State Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Huntington Bank: Huntington offers a variety of account options to choose from. Right now, Huntington is offering bonuses when you
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- TD Bank: TD Bank offer bonuses for signing up for a checking account. They have various account options that suit all kinds of consumers as well.
If you happen to live in South Carolina and are looking for a full service bank, then consider Arthur State Bank.
They provide plenty of account options and are consistent with their opening deposits and balance requirements.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Arthur State Bank, then apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!