With Chase Refer-A-Friend program, you have a chance to earn points or bonuses for every eligible friend that you refer! This will help earn points faster for your next award flight or hotel stay!
There are several Chase credit cards currently offering a referral bonus for referring those credit cards to family or friends if they apply and are approved when they use your referral link.
Continue reading below to learn how the referral program works and how you can earn!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up to $625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
What is Chase Refer A Friend?
Chase Refer-A-Friend is when you refer your close friends or Family members for a new Chase card and you’ll receive a nice bonus in return.
Here’s how it works:
- Invite a friend to apply for a Chase credit card- make sure it’s for the card you own.
- If the friend applies and is accepted, you will earn bonus points.
- You can invite as many friends as you want. But there is a limit as to how many referral bonus points you can earn per year for each Chase card you own.
Please note that different card pay different bonus, ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 bonus points, for the referral.
You can get up to 5 referral bonuses per year. That’s a total of 25,000 to 100,000 bonus points per year, depending on the card.
Cards Eligible for Refer A Friend
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually.
• 5X total points on air travel
• 3X points on other travel and dining
• 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
When redeeming your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 50% more value.
This card does carry a $550 annual fee and there are no foreign transaction fees. However, you're able to earn a $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year & up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®.
- Chase Ink Cash
- Chase Ink Preferred
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority
- Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
- Chase World of Hyatt
- Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier
- Chase Disney Rewards Visa
How to Refer A Friend
Step 1: Chase has put together a simple site where you can create all your referral bonus links. You will need to enter your last name, zip code, and last 4 digits of your card number. Visit Refer A Friend page.
Step 2: You’ll then see if your card is eligible for the referral program and what you will get. But make sure to check often, though, because sometimes the bonus promotion changes.
Step 3: You have 4 options for sharing your referral links — Email, Twitter, and the Chase Mobile App.
- Email: You can click “Copy Link” and you can send it to your friends whatever way you like (such as through text or email).
- Twitter: You also have the option of sending an invitation from the site and have Chase contact your friends by Twitter, you might also see an option to share it via Facebook.
- Mobile: Lastly, you also have the ability to refer friends from the Chase mobile app, which makes it even easier to refer a friend on the spot. We’ll go over more on that below.
Step 4: Your friends or family will click through you referral link and they’ll see the website with the card offers. There will be an “Apply Now” button, so as long your friends click through the link to apply, you’ll be awarded the bonus points!
How to Invite Friends On The Mobile App
As mentioned above, you can also send referrals from your phone. Just log in to your account and then you’ll see the overview of all your accounts.
Click on the three dots in the lower right corner next to the the card to which you want to refer a friend. A “Refer friends” option will come up if the card is eligible.
Chase’s Refer-A-Friend program is a good way to earn Ultimate Rewards points, hotel points or airlines miles. So make sure to check if your card is eligible for a referral and start sending your friends your link!
If you’re looking for a specific Chase credit card to sign up for, you can check out the best Chase credit card bonuses here! Are you interested on banking with them or already are? You can check out Chase bonuses or more Chase offers!
However, if you’re not looking for any Chase related product, you can check out other credit cards to sign up for here at HMB!