Community Bank offers a good variety of account options and even free gifts! To find out if Community Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
The great thing about Community Bank is that almost all of their checking and savings account have no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements! After the opening deposit, you can bank freely and not have to worry about your account closing due to fees.
However, accounts such as money markets will need minimum balance requirements in order to continuously earn interest.
All their checking accounts also comes with a free gift if you open them in branch or online!
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with Community Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with Community Bank
- 9 Community Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How Community Bank Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Community Bank has a decent selection of checking accounts that all comes with a free gift when you open one either in branch or online!
Each account has all the benefits a regular checking account normally has.
This is considered Community Bank’s free checking account, but it will still require a $50 opening deposit.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements to worry about afterwards!
If you open this account online, you can also get a free gift!
This checking account is available to senior citizens and can be open with a $50 opening deposit.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements after account opening, so you can start earning interest as soon as possible.
This is an interest bearing checking account that you can open with $50. The interest earned are considered competitive rates.
There are yet again no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This is a premium interest bearing checking account offered by Community Bank and will require a $50 opening deposit.
Even though it’s a premium account, there are still no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements to hassle over!
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Community Bank has a decent variety of savings accounts that have average minimum opening deposits and balance requirements.
Each account has all the benefits a regular savings account normally has.
With an opening deposit of $50, you can start earning interest on this savings account.
Just like the checking accounts, there are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements!
This premium savings account is more for those who tend to keep higher balances. You will need at least a minimum deposit of $5,000 to open it.
To earn interest you will need at least a daily balance of $500.
This account earns tiered and variable interest rates.
A specific holiday savings account that requires no opening deposit at all!
There are also no monthly fees so enjoy saving for your vacation expenses with ease while you earn competitive interest rates.
You will, however, need at least a daily balance of $100 to start earning interest.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB122 by 03/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.50% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Community Bank has two money markets that earns tiered interest rates.
You will need an opening deposit of $1,000 to start earning interest.
There is a monthly fee of $5, but it can be waived if you manage to keep a daily balance of $1,000.
This account earns tiered interest rates on five tiers.
A much higher interest bearing money market account that will need a minimum deposit of at least $25,000 to open.
If you can manage to maintain a daily balance of $25,000 then you can waive the $10 monthly fee.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons to Bank with Community Bank
- They offer a fair selection of checking accounts and most of them can earn interest.
- All their checking accounts come with a free gift.
- Good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- There is a senior checking account that also earns interest.
- They have a holiday savings account for special occasions.
- They have a 24-hour service line.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Community Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Community Bank
- They are only available in Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania and Vermont. There are a total of 230 branches scattered throughout.
- Lacking a youth checking and savings account.
- Doesn’t provide a senior checking account.
- Some of their balance requirements are a bit on the high side.
- They aren’t open on Saturdays.
- Their monthly fees vary from low to high.
Community Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Community Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Community Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
Community Bank has a 24-hour automated service line which is 1-(800)-991-4280.
To speak to a customer representative, you can reach Community Bank at 1-(866)-764-8638.
Their hours are from Monday to Friday at 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. (EST).
How Community Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- PNC: Also having a New York location, PNC Bank offers free access to f PNC Bank ATMs, free mobile/online banking, reimbursement of PNC fees for use of non-PNC ATMs, and many other features that can be found on their website. They have several account options.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
Overall, it seems that Community Bank is a pretty solid bank offering various checking and savings accounts and even two money markets.
With most of their accounts not needing monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements, you can bank with ease.
You can earn steady, competitive interest rates but be mindful of the minimum balance requirements for them.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Community Bank, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!