They offer high interest rates that are comparable to other big named banks, so be sure to check out all the products they have.
Not to mention, they offer more checking options compared to other competitors.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between Discover and Bank of America, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||0.50% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank CD||Up to 0.60% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Money Market||Up to 0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank IRA CD||Up to 0.60% APY||Review|
|Discover||Bank of America|
|Locations||Online Only||Over 5,000 locations (Locator)|
|ATMs||Over 60,000 no-fee ATMs||Over 5,000 locations (Locator)|
-24/7 customer service
-Extended customer service hours
-Full service bank
|Cons||-No interest checking
-$2,500 minimum deposit for CDs
|-No free checking option
– Low interest rate
-Many miscellaneous banking fees
|Bottom Line||Discover Bank offers some of the highest interest rates on the market.||Bank of America operates nationwide offering many account options like checking, savings, and more!|
Discover Bank Promotions
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.50% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.40% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.35% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.60% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.60% APY
• Start today with as little as $2,500!
• Step-by-step help available 24/7 by phone
• Flexible options: Roth (pay now, save later) & Traditional IRAs (earn now, pay later)
• Gather your retirement savings into one place.
• Just three steps and you’re on your way to saving with a Discover IRA CD.
Compare to Other Banks
Which Bank is Better: Discover or Bank of America?
- Discover Bank’s savings and customer service are worth checking out since it offers high-interest rates compared to traditional savings accounts that pay very little interest.
- Bank of America has many account options and their user friendly interface and mobile app is noteworthy. However, they aren’t as widespread as Wells Fargo.
More on Discover:
More on Bank of America:
- How To Open a Bank of America Checking Account
- What Are Bank of America’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Bank of America Login
- Bank of America Routing Number
- BBVA vs Bank of America
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wise Business Banking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.50% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.50% APY||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|