They offer high interest rates that are comparable to other big named banks, so be sure to check out all the products they have.
Not to mention, they offer more checking options compared to other competitors.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between Discover and Bank of America, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
|Discover Bank Online Savings|
|Up to $200 Cash + 3.30% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank CD||Up to 4.30% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Money Market||Up to 3.25% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank IRA CD||Up to 4.30% APY||Review|
|Discover||Bank of America|
|Locations||Online Only||Over 5,000 locations (Locator)|
|ATMs||Over 60,000 no-fee ATMs||Over 5,000 locations (Locator)|
-24/7 customer service
-Extended customer service hours
-Full service bank
|Cons||-No interest checking
-$2,500 minimum deposit for CDs
|-No free checking option
– Low interest rate
-Many miscellaneous banking fees
|Bottom Line||Discover Bank offers some of the highest interest rates on the market.||Bank of America operates nationwide offering many account options like checking, savings, and more!|
Discover Bank Promotions
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB323 by 03/15/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 3.30% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB323 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 3/15/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 3.25% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 3.20% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 4.30% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 4.30% APY
• Start today with as little as $2,500!
• Step-by-step help available 24/7 by phone
• Flexible options: Roth (pay now, save later) & Traditional IRAs (earn now, pay later)
• Gather your retirement savings into one place.
• Just three steps and you’re on your way to saving with a Discover IRA CD.
Compare to Other Banks
Which Bank is Better: Discover or Bank of America?
- Discover Bank’s savings and customer service are worth checking out since it offers high-interest rates compared to traditional savings accounts that pay very little interest.
- Bank of America has many account options and their user friendly interface and mobile app is noteworthy. However, they aren’t as widespread as Wells Fargo.
More on Discover:
More on Bank of America:
- How To Open a Bank of America Checking Account
- What Are Bank of America’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Bank of America Login
- Bank of America Routing Number
- BBVA vs Bank of America