With the HSBC Advance Mastercard, you can take advantage of their 25,000 bonus points! To get these points, all you have to do is partake in the 3x points introductory offer on dining and select entertainment and you can earn points up to $25,000 in purchases. We value these points to be around $250.
The HSBC Advance Mastercard will get you 2X Rewards Program Points on new, net dining and select entertainment purchases after the introductory period. While earning 1X points on all other per $1 spent purchases.
For a card that with no annual fees, this is one of the highest offers we've seen. For another card that will offer the same cash back opportunities on the same two categories, check out the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards card.
To get the $0 annual fee for the HSBC Advance Mastercard, you must have a qualifying U.S. HSBC Advance or U.S. HSBC Premier checking account relationship. If you do not have these accounts, the regular $45 annual fee will apply.
* The Premier World Mastercard is issued by HSBC Bank. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
HSBC Advance Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 3X points on dining and select entertainment purchases plus 2X points on all other purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, up to the first $25,000 in purchases.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||You’ll earn 2X points on new, net dining and select entertainment purchases after the intro period.
You’ll earn 1X points on all other purchases after the intro period.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
- No annual fee
- Bonus points
- Flexible rewards
- No foreign transaction fees
- Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Banking relationship required
- Complicated rewards
Editor's Alternate Pick
With the Capital One® SavorOneSM Cash Rewards Credit Card:
• Earn a one-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
• No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
• 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 16.24% - 26.24% variable APR after that
• 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months; 16.24% - 26.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
• No foreign transaction fee
• No annual fee
HSBC Advance Mastercard 25,000 Bonus Points Offer
The bonus points with this card is slightly different because you don't earn it when you open the card, but rather, you receive the bonus by using the introductory offer.
The introductory offer is 3X points on dining and select entertainment purchases plus 2X points on all other purchases in the first 12 months from account opening with a max of $25,000 in purchases.
The bonus earned off of this is valued at $250.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What Are HSBC Rewards Program Points Worth?
To get the most out of your HSBC Rewards Program Points, we recommend you use them for:
- Gift cards to popular restaurants, movie theaters and top retailers
- Merchandise from leading brands
- Travel booked through HSBC Rewards
- Cash back
Cash back offers you the most value out of your points because it yields a return of $0.01 per point, which is the industry average value you'll get on most rewards credit cards.
The HSBC Advance Mastercard is a good option if you like to dine out and check out all kinds of entertainment options, but to open one you'll need an HSBC Premier or HSBC Advance account. If you already have these accounts, then you can really maximize all of the benefits that comes with this card.
If this is not the best credit card for you, there are other credit cards that offers more than what the Advance Mastercard is offering. But if you’re interested in what HSBC bank has to offer, check out the latest HSBC Bank Promotions!
(Visit HSBC to learn more about this card.)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone.
Who's the Competition?
Looking For Cash Back?
With the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card:
-One-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
-Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
-No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
-0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that
-0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
-Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
With the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card:
• New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
• No minimum to redeem for cash back
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
• No annual fee
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|