Here you will find new and updated Old Second Bank promotions, bonuses and offers.
Currently, they have a $300 bonus when you open a Checking and Savings Account and meet all the requirements.
About Old Second Bank Promotions
Established in 1887 and headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, Old Second Bank has over 20 locations in the state.
I’ll review the Old Second Bank Promotions below.
Old Second Bank $300 Checking Savings Bonus
The current Old Second Bank promotion is a $300 bonus when you open a new qualifying checking and savings account and complete certain requirements.
- What you’ll get: $300 bonus
- Account Type: Personal Checking Account and Money Builder Savings account
- Promo code: DG2
- Availability: IL (Bank Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, complete 2 or more direct deposits totaling $500 or more (see what works)
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystem: Unknown
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Monthly fees: None, O2 Checking Account has no monthly fees when you opt for eStatements only (no paper statements).
- Early Account Termination Fee: $25 if closed within 90 days
- Household limit: One
(Expires June 30, 2023)
|For more advanced features in a checking account, compare this offer to BMO Harris PremierTM Account ($350 Bonus), U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking (Up to $600 bonus), Chase Private Client ($3,000 Bonus), TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus), Fifth Third Bank Preferred Checking ($275 bonus), and Citigold® Checking Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn Bonus
- Get $50 when you – Open a new checking account online with promo code DG2 (or open in-branch and mention this ad), get a debit card, and enroll in eStatements.
- Get $100 when you meet the previous requirement and – Complete 2 or more direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Get another $150 when you meet the requirements for the first $50 bonus, and – Open a Money Builder Savings account
- An account is not eligible to receive a cash bonus under this offer if 1) the primary account holder currently has an existing personal checking account (Basic Checking, Convenience Checking, Interest Checking, Interest Plus Checking, Military Checking, Minimum Balance Checking, Premier Checking, O2 Checking, Premier Plus Checking, Convenience Plus Checking and Prime Time Checking (“existing personal checking account”) at Old Second National Bank, 2) has had an existing personal checking account open in the 12 months prior to the date of account opening, or 3) the primary account holder has received a personal checking account-related bonus in the twenty-four months prior to the date of account opening.
- The bonuses described in this ad are limited per primary account holder, regardless of the number of accounts opened.
- The new “personal checking account” (O2 Checking, Premier Plus Checking, Convenience Plus Checking, Military Checking, and Prime Time Checking) must be opened during the promotion period with the code and must have a positive balance on the 90th calendar day from the date the new personal checking account was opened in accordance with the bank’s procedures.
- Offers are only available on personal checking accounts and the Money Builder Savings account; business accounts, trusts accounts with EINs, Health Savings Accounts, employee accounts and estate accounts are excluded from this offer.
- To receive the first $50 cash bonus, 1) provide the offer code and open a new personal checking account, subject to approval, 2) apply for, be issued, and activate a debit card tied to the personal checking account within 90 calendar days of account opening and 3) enroll in e-Statements within 90 calendar days of account opening.
- To receive $100 cash bonus, 1) you must first meet the requirements of the first $50 cash bonus and 2) receive two or more direct deposits totaling at least $500 in the personal checking account within 90 calendar days of account opening.
- For purposes of this bonus offer, a direct deposit is defined as any payment made by a government agency, employer, or other third-party organization that is made via an electronic deposit. A direct deposit does not include teller, ATM, mobile, remote deposits, or transfers between accounts at Old Second National Bank.
- To receive the second $150 cash bonus, 1) you must first meet the requirements of the first $50 cash bonus; 2) open a Money Builder Savings account, which requires a minimum opening deposit of $1,000; 3) build your savings by depositing funds; if your deposited funds total $5,000 on the 90th calendar day from the date you opened the personal checking account and your account has a positive balance, you will receive any cash bonuses for which you qualified by the 100th calendar day following the date you opened the personal checking account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
How to Waive Monthly Fees
- O2 Checking: No monthly fees
- Premier Plus Checking: $17.00 monthly, can be waived when you:
- Maintain an average daily balance of $5,000 during the statement cycle OR
- The primary owner on this account maintains a total average deposit balance of $20,000 or more in your combined deposit and time accounts during the statement cycle
- Are 65+ in age, this account service charge will be waived
- Convenience Plus Checking: $5.95 monthly, can be waived when you:
- Maintains an average daily balance of $1,000 during the statement cycle, OR
- The primary owner on this account maintains a total average deposit balance of $5,000 or more in your combined deposit and time accounts with us during the statement cycle
- Have a Direct Deposit to this account during the statement cycle
- Are 65+ in age, this account service charge will be waived
- Prime Time Checking: No monthly fees
- Regular Savings: $5.00 monthly can be waived when you have a minimum balance of at least $200
- O2 Money Builder Savings: $15.00 monthly can be waived when you maintain a $1,000 daily balance
- O2 Money Manager Money Market: $15.00 monthly can be waived when you maintain a $5,000 daily balance
- Start Banking: No monthly fees
- Start Building: $12.00 monthly can be waived when you maintain your core personal and business deposits are at least $25,000 or customer maintains $100,000 in CD or loan balances
All in all, this promotion from Old Second Bank is pretty generous, so I recommend checking it out before it expires. Furthermore, this promotion is great because it triggers a soft pull, which means it won’t harm your credit score.
If you’re not an Illinois resident and are interested in different banking experience, you can see all nationwide bank bonuses for more suitable offers.
Old Second Bank doesn’t have great rates for CDs and Savings. You may want to check out our full list of Bank Rates and CD Rates.
Compare Old Second Bank Promotions with other bank bonuses from banks like Citi, Huntington, HSBC, Chase, TD, Discover Bank, Aspiration, Axos Bank, PNC Bank, BMO Harris, SoFi, Fifth Third Bank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, US Bank, and more!
*Check back at this page for updated Old Second Bank promotions, bonuses and offers.
Remi M. says
Applied for the account and I can confirm it is a soft pull!