While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is great for people that fly with Delta Airlines frequently. It offers many various benefits that will be sufficient for your flight experience.
You have the opportunity to earn 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Earn miles with Delta flights as you soar in the sky, earning up to 2 miles per dollar. Plus, get a checked bag free and earn the chance to save up to $60 round-trip.
It’s never been more enjoyable to travel. You’ll receive priority boarding, excellent services, and various discounts with this card, such as a 10%-20% savings on flights.
Additional card bonuses are released throughout the year which is great for users that enjoy turning bonuses into rewards for extra benefits. Think about all the benefits that are packed into this card for mere $195 Annual fee; ($250 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020) (see Rates & Fees).
Table of Contents
- 1 Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card Summary
- 2 Editor’s Alternate Pick
- 3 Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Card 35,000 Bonus Miles+ $100 Back + $5,000 MQMs
- 4 What are Delta SkyMiles Worth?
- 5 How to Redeem SkyMiles?
- 6 Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Card Top Features
- 7 Other Cardholder Benefits
- 8 Bottom Line
- 9 Wh0’s the Competition?
Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
|Travel Credit||No travel credit, but you get an annual companion certificate.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||2 miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly with Delta and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
You (and up to 8 travel companions) get your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
Receive Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
Enjoy 20% inflight savings in the form of statement credits on eligible purchases.
Earn 10,000 bonus SkyMiles and 10,000 MQMs after you spend $25,000 within a calendar year.
Earn another 10,000 bonus Skymiles and 10,000 MQMs after spending $50,000 in a calendar year.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None (see Rates & Fees)|
|Airport Lounge Access||Receive a rate of $29 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.|
|Annual Fee||$195 ($250 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020)|
- Annual companion certificate
- Medallion status benefits
- First checked bag free
- Priority boarding
- Partner airlines
- No foreign exchange fees
- High annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Card
35,000 Bonus Miles+ $100 Back + $5,000 MQMs
Take advantage of all the introductory offers that the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business card has:
- Earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 35,000 bonus SkyMiles and 5,000 MQMs when you charge at least $1,000 in purchases to your card within your first 3 months.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What are Delta SkyMiles Worth?
The value of your miles depends on how you use them, on average one Delta SkyMile is worth $0.012, that’s slightly above the industry average of $0.01 per point.
When ready to redeem, you can redeem your SkyMiles for:
- Flights with Delta
- Flights with partner airlines
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Vacation packages
- Exclusive experiences
- Gift cards
- Charity donations
But if you want to get the best value for your SkyMiles, use them for award travel with Delta or one of its many partners.
SkyMiles SkyTeam & Non-Alliance Partners Include
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Air Tahiti nui
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- Mandarin Airlines
- Middle East Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
- Shanghai Airlines
- Tarom Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
- Xiamen Airlines
How to Redeem SkyMiles?
Use SkyMiles to redeem award flights and seat upgrades with Delta Airlines and other flexible flight redemption offers with Delta partners. It doesn’t stop at travel. Redeem your miles for merchandise, gift cards, and more.
- Flights – Redeem miles for Delta award flights. Redemptions start at 20,000 miles for a round-trip flight. You can also reduce the cost of purchased flights by $50 dollars for every 5,000 miles. Go beyond Delta with your miles. Book flights with the SkyTeam Global Alliance and SkyMiles airline partners.
- Upgrade Seats – Redeem miles for seat upgrades. Go from main cabin seats to Delta One, first class, or business class seats for you or someone else. You’ll still earn reward miles on the original purchased flight as you upgrade your seats.
- Gift Cards & Shopping – Use your miles to shop the SkyMiles Marketplace for gift cards, electronics, home goods, a wide variety of apparel and merchandise and even tickets to shows and sporting events.
- More Options – Join the Delta SkyClub with annual unlimited membership starting at 70,000 miles. Miles can also be donated to charity through the SkyWish program.
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Card Top Features
Receive one domestic Main Cabin roundtrip companion certificate every year when you renew your account. Cross-country flights can be pretty steep these days.
This perk could negate the card’s annual fee. Keep in mind, you’ll be responsible for any government-imposed taxes and fees.
- Free First Checked Bag – Receive free first checked bag each flight. This is available for you and up to 8 other traveling companions on the same reservation. Save up to $30 for each round-trip flight per person or as much as $540 with a group of 9.
- Priority Boarding – Skip the line with priority boarding. Find your seat and get settled in sooner. You’ll have plenty of space for your carry-on with extra time to finish your business duties.
- 20% In-Flight Savings – Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit on eligible pre-purchased meals and in-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages, movies, television shows and video games accessed via Delta’s seatback in-flight entertainment system, and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights.
Get an exclusive Delta Sky Club rate of $29 per person per visit. For you and up to 2 guests when traveling on the same Delta flight. These lounges offer a place to work, relax and enjoy complimentary snacks, beverages and WiFi.
Earn bonus SkyMiles and MQMs when you spend certain amounts in one calendar year.
|Spend Threshold||Bonus SkyMiles||Bonus MQMs|
* Important: the calendar year for this benefit ends on December 31st regardless of when your card account was opened.
The Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business card also waives the Medallion Qualification Dollar (MQD) requirement for Silver, Gold and Platinum status tiers if you spend at least $25,000 for that year. For Diamond status, you’ll need to spend $250,000 for the year to waive the MQD requirement.
Flyers want to earn Medallion status mainly for the unlimited complimentary ticket upgrades. Each Medallion tier also earns more miles and other benefits.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business card.
Other Cardholder Benefits
Use the Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card and get covered by American Express at all times. This will help to ease your worries and anxiety that may occur. They also offer a hotline that you have access to 24/7 for additional help.
- Purchase Protection: Use this card to pay for a covered purchase. If your item is stolen or accidentally damaged, stay calm. You’ll get protection for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Enjoy up to $1,000 covered per occurrence, up to $50,000 per account per calendar year.
- Car Rental Damage & Insurance: With this card, you can be covered if the rental car is damaged or stolen. You can use your card to reserve and pay for the entire eligible vehicle rental and decline the collision damage whenever.
- Baggage Insurance: If your baggage is lost, damaged, or stolen while traveling on a common carrier, don’t worry. Enjoy coverage for up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage and up to $500 for checked baggage. There is a $10,000 aggregate maximum limit for New York residents.
- Assistance Hotline: Roadside assistance offers services like towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery. They’re just a phone call away. Use your Card to pay. 24/7 global assistance provides medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, assistance with cash wires, passport replacement, missing luggage and more.
I highly recommend applying for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express if you enjoy flying with Delta. Don’t miss out on the chance to earn bonus miles and rewards, discounted flights, and more.
Enjoy consistent access and 24/7 services as you board your next Delta flight. This card is here to help you make sure you feel personally connected and protected, allowing you to enjoy your flights and benefits.
If you’re still curious, we have a completed list of credit card reviews that you can skim through to view other credit card offers.
(Visit American Express for more details)
Wh0’s the Competition?
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business offers up to 200,000 bonus miles worth up to $2,000 to spend on travel—flights, hotels & more as a limited time offer. Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn 150,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account opening.
Your miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy and you can earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase.
There is an annual fee of $95, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.
The American Express® Business Gold Card offers 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn more rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month** (**4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*). In addition, you'll get an airline bonus; 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
This card does carry a $295 annual fee, but no foreign transaction fees. (See Rates & Fees) *Terms Apply.
Disclaimers: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
See Rates & Fees of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express.