While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is great for people that fly with Delta Airlines frequently. It offers many various benefits that will be sufficient for your flight experience.
You have the opportunity to earn 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Earn miles with Delta flights as you soar in the sky, earning up to 2 miles per dollar. Plus, get a checked bag free and earn the chance to save up to $60 round-trip.
It’s never been more enjoyable to travel. You’ll receive priority boarding, excellent services, and various discounts with this card, such as a 10%-20% savings on flights.
Additional card bonuses are released throughout the year which is great for users that enjoy turning bonuses into rewards for extra benefits. Think about all the benefits that are packed into this card for mere $195 annual fee (see Rates & Fees).
Table of Contents
- 1 Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card
- 2 Upgrades & Travel Benefits
- 3 Personal Benefits
- 4 Everyday Benefits
- 5 Other Travel & Purchase Benefits
- 6 Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles Flight & Travel Benefits
- 7 Redeem SkyMiles
- 8 Editor’s Alternative Pick
- 9 Why You Should Soar With Delta
- 10 What’s the Competition?
Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card
Upgrades & Travel Benefits
When using the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express, there are many opportunities to various benefits. Experience bonus miles rewards, discounted flights, priority seating and baggage check, and more.
- Bonus Mile Rewards: This card will open you up to many bonus rewards such as earning up to 20k-30k miles that can be converted into better rewards. Depending on your card status, you can earn different levels of miles such as:
- Silver: 25,000 MQMs or 30 MQSs and $3,000 MQDs
- Gold: 50,000 MQMs or 60 MQSs and $6,000 MQDs
- Platinum: 75,000 MQMs or 100 MQSs and $9,000 MQDs
- Diamond: 125,000 MQMs or 140 MQSs and $15,000 MQDs
- Discounted Flights: Use your earned miles towards booking a flight, which will help you to save money. Miles never expire. So, save up your bonus miles, add it up to an enormous amount that can make your entire flight free.
- Priority boarding: Get priority boarding and choose for your seats before others settle in. This will make sure that you’ll always get a good seat to avoid any problems that you wouldn’t want to occur during your long flight.
- Free First Bag Checking: First time users can check in your first bag free, saving you time and money. Though, I don’t recommend that you use this instantly, but moreso as an emergency plan. For example, if you’re extremely late to your flight, this can be a lifesaver for you.
Use the Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card and get covered by American Express at all times. This will help to ease your worries and anxiety that may occur. They also offer a hotline that you have access to 24/7 for additional help.
- Purchase Protection: Use this card to pay for a covered purchase. If your item is stolen or accidentally damaged, stay calm. You’ll get protection for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Enjoy up to $1,000 covered per occurrence, up to $50,000 per account per calendar year.
- Car Rental Damage & Insurance: With this card, you can be covered if the rental car is damaged or stolen. You can use your card to reserve and pay for the entire eligible vehicle rental and decline the collision damage whenever.
- Baggage Insurance: If your baggage is lost, damaged, or stolen while traveling on a common carrier, don’t worry. Enjoy coverage for up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage and up to $500 for checked baggage. There is a $10,000 aggregate maximum limit for New York residents.
- Assistance Hotline: Roadside assistance offers services like towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery. They’re just a phone call away. Use your Card to pay. 24/7 global assistance provides medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, assistance with cash wires, passport replacement, missing luggage and more.
The Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card offers benefits that you can use on the daily. Your card comes with alerts, access to your account, online statements, and open forums when you download their app. By downloading the app, you have access 24/7.
- Account Alerts: When you download the app, alter the settings to be notified of every change or alert. You’ll receive the notification 24/7 if anything happens with your account.
- Online Statements: No need to go to your bank to get your statement, because you can access this online with your app. You can view your purchases, history, and plan your budgeting with this great service.
- Amex OPEN Forums: Access articles and information to help your business grow. Plus, talk with other business owners to get advice.
- Receipt Match: Manage your expenses, add receipts, tags and notes to your transactions either via desktop or your mobile device.
Other Travel & Purchase Benefits
- Medallion Status: MQMs earned in 2018 above a member’s earned Medallion threshold level will be rolled over to 2019. These will count toward 2020 Medallion status qualification as well. In addition, all MQMs earned between January 1 and December 31, 2018 will count towards 2019 Medallion status.
- Priority Boarding & 20% In-Flight Savings: Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit on eligible pre-purchased meals and in-flight purchases of food, alcoholic beverages, movies, television shows and video games accessed via Delta’s seatback in-flight entertainment system, and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights.
- Travel Benefits & Insurance: Get the comfort and peace of mind with travel benefits and travel insurance such as Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance, 24/7 Global Assist Hotline, Baggage Insurance Plan, and Travel accident insurance.
- Purchase Protection & Extended Warranty: In case of accidental damage or the theft of eligible purchases for up to 90 days from the date of purchase, American Express can refund you if the store would not. Amex will also extend the original U.S. warranty of items you purchase by up to one year.
Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles Flight & Travel Benefits
The Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card benefits are one of the main reasons to become a member. This is especially so if you often fly Delta. Businesses can appreciate being able to spend more time on work instead of waiting in lines. It’s a time and money saver that makes the $195 annual fee (see Rates & Fees) well worth it.
- Free First Checked Bag – Receive free first checked bag each flight. This is available for you and up to 8 other traveling companions on the same reservation. Save up to $50 for each round-trip flight per person or as much as $450 with a group of 9.
- Priority Boarding – Skip the line with priority boarding. Find your seat and get settled in sooner. You’ll have plenty of space for your carry-on with extra time to finish your business duties.
- Delta Sky Club Discount – Visit the Delta Sky Club for only $29 (originally $50) for you and up to two traveling companions. Receive complimentary WiFi, snacks, drinks, and the chance to relax or continue working in a comfortable yet productive environment.
- 20% In-Flight Savings – Receive a 20% discount off of food, beverages, movies, shows, games, and headsets. Use your card for these in-flight purchases. The savings will be in the form of a credit statement.
Use SkyMiles to redeem award flights and seat upgrades with Delta Airlines and other flexible flight redemption offers with Delta partners. It doesn’t stop at travel. Redeem your miles for merchandise, gift cards, and more.
- Flights – Redeem miles for Delta award flights. Redemptions start at 20,000 miles for a round-trip flight. You can also reduce the cost of purchased flights by $50 dollars for every 5,000 miles. Go beyond Delta with your miles. Book flights with the SkyTeam Global Alliance and SkyMiles airline partners.
- Upgrade Seats – Redeem miles for seat upgrades. Go from main cabin seats to Delta One, first class, or business class seats for you or someone else. You’ll still earn reward miles on the original purchased flight as you upgrade your seats.
- Gift Cards & Shopping – Use your miles to shop the SkyMiles Marketplace for gift cards, electronics, home goods, a wide variety of apparel and merchandise and even tickets to shows and sporting events.
- More Options – Join the Delta SkyClub with annual unlimited membership starting at 70,000 miles. Miles can also be donated to charity through the SkyWish program.
Editor’s Alternative Pick
The Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card offers 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year; 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn. Furthermore, points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee but does not have any foreign transaction fees.
Why You Should Soar With Delta
I highly recommend applying for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express if you enjoy flying with Delta. Don’t miss out on the chance to earn bonus miles and rewards, discounted flights, and more.
Enjoy consistent access and 24/7 services as you board your next Delta flight. This card is here to help you make sure you feel personally connected and protected, allowing you to enjoy your flights and benefits.
If you’re still curious, we have a completed list of credit card reviews that you can skim through to view other credit card offers.
(Visit American Express for more details)
What’s the Competition?
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business offers a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
Your miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy and you can earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase.
There is an annual fee of $95, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.
With the American Express® Business Gold Card:
• Earn up to $500 back in the form of statement credits by purchasing qualifying services with FedEx using your American Express® Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card membership.
• Limited time Offer ends 11/06/2019.*
• More Rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month**
• **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
• Airline Bonus: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
• Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
• Expense Management Tools: Connect to Quickbooks, access SpendManagerSM, receive a Year-End Summary, and more.*
• *Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||Up to 100,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
Disclaimers: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
For rates and fees of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, please click here.