Find the latest State Department Federal Credit Union CD Rates, Offers, and Promotions here.
State Department FCU can offer a wide array of products, services, and now a IRA rate of 3.03% APY for 48 months
Table of Contents
About State Department Federal Credit Union
State Department Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia and was founded in 1935. Since than it has grown to 6 locations, offers CD rates that are 3X the national average, and boast an A health rating.
They have a wide array of products to meet your individual needs and are proud to be a financial institution that can serve all your financial needs, and care about how those needs are met.
This is ideal for accounts like Certificate of Deposits, which require very little maintenance. The rates are worth a look, but always compare them with the nation’s best using our guides: CD Rates | Savings Rates.
|Eligibility: Membership in State Department Federal Credit Union is open to anyone through joining the American Consumer Council (available when opening an account). Membership is also open to employees of the U.S. State Department or other select organizations and to family of existing members.
See current membership details
*While State Department Federal Credit Union does have competitive rates, their product line can still be considered limited. I recommend you take a look at Discover Bank Promotions here
|DISCOVER CD TERM||RATE||LINK|
|12-Month Term||2.40% APY||Apply Now|
|24-Month Term||2.45% APY||Apply Now|
|36-Month Term||2.45% APY||Apply Now|
|48-Month Term||2.45% APY||Apply Now|
|84-Month Term||2.60% APY||Apply Now|
State Department FCU CD Rates
An IRA is a tax-deferred retirement account for an individual that permits individuals to set aside money each year. Usually the longer of a term, the higher APY rate you make.
With a low minimum deposit of $500, you can invest in a State Department FCU IRA account to maximize your earnings. If you’re interested in making a higher rate than a traditional savings account, make sure to check out our CD rates below.
- Minimum deposit: $500
- Maximum deposit: No Limit
- Early withdrawal penalty: Forfeit the lesser of 180 days of dividends on the amount withdrawn or the amount of dividends earned
|Term||APY Rate||Minimum Deposit|
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
- Visa Debit Card
- Direct Deposit
- Access to nearly 29,000 ATMs through our CO-OP ATM network
- Monitor your account with Alerts
- Telephone banking through Account24
- Mobile Banking
With a unique selection of CD lengths to choose from, you can be sure to find an account that best fits all your banking needs. Take advantage of a low required minimum balance of just $500 and earn their current 48-Month IRA CD Special 3.03% APY with State Department Federal Credit Union.
This is a great opportunity to invest in a high-interest CD from State Department Federal Credit Union. However, you may want to compare them with our best CD Rates:
- 6-Month CD Rates
- 9-Month CD Rates
- 12-Month CD Rates
- 18-Month CD Rates
- 24-Month CD Rates
- 36-Month CD Rates
- 48-Month CD Rates
- 60-Month CD Rates
Check back often for the latest State Department Federal Credit Union CD rates!
Disclaimer: Rates / APY terms above are current as of the date indicated. These quotes are from banks, credit unions and thrifts. Bank, thrift and credit union deposits are insured by the FDIC or NCUA. Contact the bank for the terms and conditions that may apply to you. Rates are subject to change without notice and may not be the same at all branches.
The best bank bonuses are updated here. Check the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Read about several offers for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses of all the big banks.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. Some big value offers available for their Checking accounts, with some requiring hefty deposits to qualify. They also have an online Savings account offering a very competitive rate.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Bonus offers for their Checking accounts are only available for limited periods throughout the year. They also have great options for those looking for a free Checking account (no monthly fees).
• Discover Bank Bonuses. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|