Citizens State Bank has a pretty decent variety of account options. To find out if Citizens State Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
This is a local bank in Texas that has an equal amount of checking and savings, but they also offer premium accounts that require high opening deposits.
Checking Account Options
Citizens State Bank offers a large variety of checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You will need $100 to open this checking account.
There is a monthly fee of $8, but you can waive it if you maintain a daily balance of $030.
You can open this account with $100.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $2,000, you can waive the $15 monthly fee.
This is a high interest bearing account that will require an opening deposit of $1,500.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Citizens State Bank has a few savings accounts that all earn interest, but they are pretty standard.
This savings account earns tiered interest rates and can be opened with $200.
If you keep a daily balance of $200, you won’t have to pay a monthly fee.
A savings account that lets you earns money market interest rates and requires $2,500 to open.
If you fail to maintain a daily balance of $2,500, there will be a $10.
This account earns competitive interest rates but you have to have a large opening deposit of $10,000.
You also need to maintain a daily balance of $10,000 to waive the monthly fee.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover® Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB124 by 3/14/2024
• Earn high interest rate of 4.30% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB124 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 03/14/24, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 4.35% APY as of 12/14/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Reasons to Bank with Citizens State Bank
- Good ratio of checking to savings account.
- Consistent opening deposits throughout all accounts.
- Low opening deposits and minimum balance requirements.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They offer a 24-hour banking service line.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Citizens State Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens State Bank
- They are only located in Texas with a total of six physical branches.
- Absence of a children checking or savings account.
- Lack of a senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of a holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
Citizens State Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Citizens State Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Citizens State Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Citizens State Bank at 888-297-3416.
Their business hours vary on location. You can check their website for the different hours each location has.
How Citizens State Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Texas and aren’t too interested in variety when it comes to opening a checking or savings account, then Citizens State Bank might have the options you’re looking for.
They have savings accounts that earn pretty competitive interest rates, but their opening deposits and minimum balance requirements may be hard to maintain.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Citizens State Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!